setian is offline Associate Member

Using HCG during TRT

I have been on TRT for almost a year now. I have also done a 16 week cycle (test 500mg/wk and 40mg tbol 8 weeks) while on this trt.

I was thinking I should have used HCG just to keep the balls bigger. They haven't shrunk much, just slightly.

But how often would you all recommend I do an HCG cycle? I was thinking twice a year at about a month each time using 500iu/week. How does that sound?

Userat204 is offline Associate Member
    Personally I would use it at 250iu twice a week all year. A 5000iu vial will last ten weeks then take a week or two off and start the next vial.

setian is offline Associate Member

hcg

Wouldn't I need longer break than a couple weeks after a 10 week run on HCG ? Does 500iu ever cause any estro issues? I will have arimidex or aromasin just in case.

Userat204 is offline Associate Member
    You don't have to take a break at all. HRT docs script it for continuous use. That's just how I like to run it. It will most likely cause a rise in estrogen. Some people can use it at that dose with noticing side effects but from what I have seen, it depends on the person. I personally have to use an AI with test at 500mg a week and especially with hcg added because I have gyno. Any time you make a change in TRT/HRT protocol you should have bloodwork to monitor the changes.

Again this is just my opinion so you may want to hold out for some others for more ideas. I see that you only want to run it a couple times a year and I don't know the best plan of action for something like that.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by setian View Post
    I have been on TRT for almost a year now. I have also done a 16 week cycle (test 500mg/wk and 40mg tbol 8 weeks) while on this trt.

I was thinking I should have used HCG just to keep the balls bigger. They haven't shrunk much, just slightly.

But how often would you all recommend I do an HCG cycle? I was thinking twice a year at about a month each time using 500iu/week. How does that sound?
    i dont see the point in wasting money on it, if you're on trt it doesnt matter. only really cosmetic difference but who is gona know?

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i dont see the point in wasting money on it, if you're on trt it doesnt matter. only really cosmetic difference but who is gona know?
    yea but its your balls man...................I wouldn't let them shrink up either dude.
    I like userat's sugestion, you could run it all the time, but a short break as sugested is not a bad idea either.

sixoner is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    yea but its your balls man..................

that shit made me laugh plenty hard.....

Blog Entries
    yea but its your balls man...................I wouldn't let them shrink up either dude.
    I like userat's sugestion, you could run it all the time, but a short break as sugested is not a bad idea either.
    so what? its what hangs infront of them tht matters lol, mine have shrunk a fair bit but doesnt concern me or look abnormal

so what? its what hangs infront of them tht matters lol, mine have shrunk a fair bit but doesnt concern me or look abnormal
    lol....really you don't care.....well to each is own.......

Blog Entries
    lol....really you don't care.....well to each is own.......
    nope, they dont visually look any diff, just feel small if im checking them.

ive never ever had a girl interested in knowing the size of my nuts lol

nope, they dont visually look any diff, just feel small if im checking them.

ive never ever had a girl interested in knowing the size of my nuts lol

ok well on a serious note......continued use will eventualy shrink them up to nothing

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    but doesn't HCG keep your balls producing sperm/test as well?? i guess what my question would be "is it possible to have kids if you run TRT for years on end??"

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    but doesn't HCG keep your balls producing sperm/test as well?? i guess what my question would be "is it possible to have kids if you run TRT for years on end??"
    Not sure about sperm but hcg actually raises test levels because it contains the LH, the hormone that tells your testies to produce test. If you want kids better get that done.

Blog Entries
    Not sure about sperm but hcg actually raises test levels because it contains the LH, the hormone that tells your testies to produce test. If you want kids better get that done.
    but if those natty test levels arent there, as in a cruise, how can it?

Calcium is offline Banned
    I think keeping them full in size would be a great benefit over them bring small.

but if those natty test levels arent there, as in a cruise, how can it?
    True you might be right, I'm not sure. I would think that you would remain fertile but I can't say with any authority.

sdmlsu1 is offline Junior Member
    Check out allthingsmale.com. Dr. John Crisler a leader in male HRT has a written protocol incorporating HCG in HRT based on tons of real patient lab data. You don't cycle it just run it year round. My Endo prescribes mine with my Test Cyp.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Userat204 View Post
    Personally I would use it at 250iu twice a week all year. A 5000iu vial will last ten weeks then take a week or two off and start the next vial.
    i agree, as usual

Quote Originally Posted by sdmlsu1 View Post
    Check out allthingsmale.com. Dr. John Crisler a leader in male HRT has a written protocol incorporating HCG in HRT based on tons of real patient lab data. You don't cycle it just run it year round. My Endo prescribes mine with my Test Cyp.
    im not gonna say my opinion on him one way or the other, but some of his protocols have been under scrutiny, by more than 1. his idea of timing your HCG injects is kind of silly, I actually believed in this at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    many have had kids while on TRT.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I don't have the knowledge many of you have, but my doc said the HCG will keep the testicles producing...not just stop shrinkage. And I know it is given to men (and women) for fertility, meaning it isnt just cosmetic, right?

I hear a ton about HMG too, I think user204 has used it too, anyone else??? It also mimics FSH i believe, which is more responsible for spermatogenesis than LH.

and yes johnnyvegas, you are correct.

sdmlsu1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    im not gonna say my opinion on him one way or the other, but some of his protocols have been under scrutiny, by more than 1. his idea of timing your HCG injects is kind of silly, I actually believed in this at one time.
    I don't stick to his protocol exactly but he is a leader in the field. I run 250iu 2x/wk yr round, works for me.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Hcg will maintain testicular size and function, it will mimic LH which will result in stimulation of the testes which in turn will result in minimal increases of sperm and significant increases in testicular testosterone production. Your hpta will still be shut down though.

xeroxy is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^ Thank god for a decent answer.
    Dec11 7000+ posts, been here 2 years + and you don't understand the basics of hCG .
    Apart from what Marcus has said what it about it's other benefits (CYP450 dynamics).
    hCG increases the dynamics of CYP450 which in turn increases the rate at which drugs can be metabolized,
    which in turn increases protein dynamics.
    Basically by the action of hCG on P450 dynamics it also increases pregnenolone which
    is the precursor for all other steroid hormones and has many benefits,
    one of which is that it serves to keep/restore a natural hormonal balance within this key pathway even if the HPTA is suppressed,
    it also has energizing, anti-stress benefits, elevates mood through the raising of NDMA activity and reduces excess cortisol.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good info on HCG
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...dated-08-12-09)

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxy View Post
    ^^^^ Thank god for a decent answer.
    Dec11 7000+ posts, been here 2 years + and you don't understand the basics of hCG .
    Apart from what Marcus has said what it about it's other benefits (CYP450 dynamics).
    hCG increases the dynamics of CYP450 which in turn increases the rate at which drugs can be metabolized,
    which in turn increases protein dynamics.
    Basically by the action of hCG on P450 dynamics it also increases pregnenolone which
    is the precursor for all other steroid hormones and has many benefits,
    one of which is that it serves to keep/restore a natural hormonal balance within this key pathway even if the HPTA is suppressed,
    it also has energizing, anti-stress benefits, elevates mood through the raising of NDMA activity and reduces excess cortisol.

^^^^ this is an excellent post.

Thread Information