pheenyx1 is offline Associate Member

Water retention on cyp.

about to go on cyp. I know it causes water retention. Is this only because it aromatizes into estrogen, or does the test itself, or the cypionate ester actually cause water retention as well? I have worked REALLY hard on my diet to get down to a bf% I am happy w/, and its going to bum me out to get all puffy while I'm on cycle. aside from taking an AI is there anything I should do to fight the retention? Is it bad to fight it? Does your body need all that water while you are on the cycle? Thanks in advance for all the help.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like your other post people are going to ask your stats, not many bother to search.

5' 7"
    170 lbs

Diet is the key to water retention. Low sodium and lots of water intake to help keep the bloat down. Keep the Cardio at least 3x a week 30+ minutes and you should have no problem.

pheenyx1 is offline Associate Member
    Oops. Sorry about that. Thanks lovbyts. Yeah, like he said, 41yo/5'7"/170/15%bf and falling. Diet is real clean (he says as he eats ANOTHER plain sweet potato.) So the bloat from test can be addressed just like any other water retention? I drink tons of water, and I barely take in any salt at all. just wasn't sure if it was somehow a necessary part of being on test.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve been on test for a little over 3 years and the only bloat I noticed was at the beginning when my diet was still not great. Yeah test and deca both seem to be temperamental when it comes to diet, salt, and water if you don’t keep it clean you can get water retention quickly but most everyone will agree 99% is diet.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep in mind that everyone is different. So, don't make a concrete plan until you see how your body actually responds.

Thread Information