snorklebort35 is offline New Member

Cycle for high strength to weight ratio

Hey guys, looking for a cycle that'll give me a very high strength to weight ratio. It's alright if I put on some mass, but I will need the strength to match. It would be good if I can keep my cardio (possibly ruling out tren although not entirely).

I'm a gymnast (not competitive anymore) but still train because I love the sport and use it for fitness aside from my weightlifting. I'm trying to learn a few ridiculously hard static strength holds on rings that I just can't do, and need a little assistance!

25 yo
    170lb
    5'9''
    9% bf
    8 years weightlifting
    & I have done 2 cycles (i know I'm very light for a person who has done 2 cycles, I have terrible genetics and got ill about a year ago and lost about 40lb) including EQ, Deca , test, & D-bol.
    Last edited by snorklebort35; 05-08-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All the expensive compounds tend to be better for strength:weight ratio.
    Anavar , Masteron , Primo, Halo, etc...

But you should still include maybe 200mg of test.

Yeah test for sure!!! I was considering var, halo seems harsh on the liver from what people told me. Anyone have experience with a stack with similar goals?

PowerliftWill is offline Junior Member
    Some compounds are certainly preferred over some for strength vs mass, but the ultimate outcome is going to be your training and diet. If you're eating big you'll likely gain some mass, if you just go maintenance cals and train for strength (1-3 reps) you probably won't gain much mass but you'll get some good strength gains.

In other words, any cycle will give you strength and mass, but how you tweak your diet and training, will provide you with what you're looking for.

What are you big 3 numbers (bench, squat, deads)?
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 05-08-2011 at 09:55 PM.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    everyone tells me halo is the best for strength to weight ratios, this is why powelifters use it. I have yet to try some that has been sitting in my cupboard for a long time. I was talked out of it due to sides, and the reasoning that why use it if your not a powerlifter? its also more hepatoxic than most.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerliftWill View Post
    train for strength (1-3 reps) you probably won't gain much mass but you'll get some good strength gains.
    Great tip!

Bench= 335lb (8 reps)
    Squat= 495lb (10 reps)
    Dead= 545lb (8 reps)
    Last edited by snorklebort35; 05-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snorklebort35 View Post
    Great tip!

Bench= 335lb (8 reps)
    Squat= 495lb (10 reps)
    Dead= 545lb (8 reps)
    hmmm....these are you lifts at 170lbs when a year ago you lost 40lbs due to being ill which most definitely would ruin your srength?

With those lifts and the question you asked dont go together. If those truly are your lifts those are advanced numbers of someone who knows there body and how to gain strength and wouldnt be asking beginner level questions such as these. Dont mean to call you out but those lifts at your weight are insane, almost unreal and would common after alot of AAS cycles, not just a few test cycles before becoming seriously ill. Not to mention if you can rep that weight, you would be WAYYYY BIGGER than you are now.
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 05-09-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Those were my best lifts :-P when I was just off my Deca cycle at around 215lb. I've only been back in the gym for about 6 months since my illness, and lifting like a puss right now :'( The other reason for this cycle is to catch up to what I was at before, without as much weight gain, or as long as I have the strength to match the extra weight gain

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    this depends alot on training techniqes. Train for strength rather than hypertrophy

Those were my best lifts :-P when I was just off my Deca cycle at around 215lb. I've only been back in the gym for about 6 months since my illness, and lifting like a puss right now :'( The other reason for this cycle is to catch up to what I was at before, without as much weight gain, or as long as I have the strength to match the extra weight gain
    Okay that's more like it...but I need your lifts as what they are NOW, not a year ago.

Sorry when you said big 3, i thought you meant at my best

Keep in mind I've only been at it for close to 6 months since my time off so please don't bash me :-P

bench = 225 (7 reps)
    squat = 295 (10 reps)
    deadlift = 295 (8 reps)
    Last edited by snorklebort35; 05-09-2011 at 03:32 PM.

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry when you said big 3, i thought you meant at my best

Keep in mind I've only been at it for close to 6 months since my time off so please don't bash me :-P

bench = 225 (7 reps)
    squat = 295 (10 reps)
    deadlift = 295 (8 reps)
    that sounds more like it dont care what you were lifting a year ago maybe try 300 mg test along with 8 weeks of var for some good strength gains

So run test for 12 weeks or so at 300mg, and var for the last 8 weeks, what would you recommend the dose for var? 40mg-50mg?
    Last edited by snorklebort35; 05-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Also should the PCT be less intensive than a regular cycle, and what should my protein intake be according to my bodyweight on this cycle?

Thread Information