Mogamedogz is offline Member

Question Do i need a filter needle for drawing from an Amp?

I've researched it but have found many conflicting opinions on it.

Many people have told me that when using amps, you always have to be mindful of trace glass getting into the amp after snapping it. And for this reason, a filter needle should be used to draw it (18g im guessing) and then switched out for a normal 23/1.5 needle.

is this a better safe than sorry deal...or is it common practice when using Amps?

Thoughts?

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Simple answer, NO

kbsportsnut is offline New Member
    Should always be safe and use a filter. It's a little bit slower of a prosses but take the time and don't risk getting an infection due to glass particles.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i've probably used close to a hundred amps and never heard of this before.. it seems like you would lose at least .1 or .2 ml every time you did that.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I have also gone through hundreds of amps and never used a filter needle and never had a problem. You will most likely just end up loosing gear like machine said

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    So just snap, draw, and jab?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post
    I've researched it but have found many conflicting opinions on it.

Many people have told me that when using amps, you always have to be mindful of trace glass getting into the amp after snapping it. And for this reason, a filter needle should be used to draw it (18g im guessing) and then switched out for a normal 23/1.5 needle.

is this a better safe than sorry deal...or is it common practice when using Amps?

Thoughts?
    No need to filter amps

When amps are used in hospitals they use filtered needles. I'm not saying something will go wrong if you don't but there is a chance you can get glass in your syringe. You will lose a very small amount of gear the first time using a filtered needle but just re use the same needle through the cycle and you will only lose that initial amount. Plus you notice when using say one ml amps you draw it out and get a little over that amount in your syringe. It is set up to lose a little through a filter.

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    KB is correct. Filter needles are designed to prevent glass from amps, and rubber chunks from bottles (coring) that could be deposited at the injection site. All hospital personnel are required to use this safety precaution. Bottles and amps are always slightly over filled to make up the difference.
    However, I would not reuse the same filter needle.

jenneva is offline Female Member
    hello all

Quote Originally Posted by vtach12 View Post
    KB is correct. Filter needles are designed to prevent glass from amps, and rubber chunks from bottles (coring) that could be deposited at the injection site. All hospital personnel are required to use this safety precaution. Bottles and amps are always slightly over filled to make up the difference.
    However, I would not reuse the same filter needle.
    Thank you for the back up tach. Just wondering why you wouldn't use the same needle? Nothing should get through the filter with multiple uses(like throughout one cycle).

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    if it makes you feel better, use them. its your cycle do whats best for you.

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    I don't use them more than once for three reasons. 1. When you push air into a bottle before drawing out, it is possible to blow once filtered crap back into the bottle (for amps it would not matter though). 2. I don't want to worry about if the needle is still sterile or not, thus contaminating my gear. 3. I get my filter needles for free.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    I agree with KB, although ive used a decent amount of amps, and never had 1 issue. besides amps are a pain in the ass, i have 0 use for them.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kbsportsnut View Post
    Thank you for the back up tach. Just wondering why you wouldn't use the same needle? Nothing should get through the filter with multiple uses(like throughout one cycle).
    It is a horrible idea. Do you have some sort of sterile storage bin for that needle? Of course not.
    I'd rather inject microspcopic shards of sterile glass anyday over using a dirty needle to draw gear.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    true

Thread Information