awms is offline Senior Member

Finasteride dose 1mg enouph?

I was wondering If anyone knows at what dose finasteride should be taken when on? I am taking 1mg right now which I got from my doctor but I feel like Im still loosing hair...could also be shed from taking the finasteride which is common.

I have heard that anything over 1-2mg is over kill and will do little more to help anyone know? Or if it depends on the dose you are using? I would think that 400mg of test would need much less finasteride then a gram a week.

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    I was wondering If anyone knows at what dose finasteride should be taken when on? I am taking 1mg right now which I got from my doctor but I feel like Im still loosing hair...could also be shed from taking the finasteride which is common.

I have heard that anything over 1-2mg is over kill and will do little more to help anyone know? Or if it depends on the dose you are using? I would think that 400mg of test would need much less finasteride then a gram a week.
    I use Propecia which is suppose to be the same as Finasteride. 1 mg is all you need to take and any more will not do any good according to every doc I have spoken with. If you were not taking any gear you would see new hair growth within 6 months. Avadart is the new drug for hair loss and it is suppose to work better. I quit taking Propecia for about 6 months and was seeing increase in hair loss. Started taking it again and I was actually running 400mg of test and noticed a major slow down of hair loss in around 2 months.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    First of all I would never reccomend anyone using propecia I think it's a terrible life-altering drug that has many unwanted side effects. Also read up on adrenal fatigue which is something I believe is very real and can be caused by this drug. DHT plays an important role in so many functions of the body including mental health and sense of well being along with libido etc. etc. If you want to control hairloss use some nizoral shampoo or get a hair transplant because messing with your DHT levels is not the answer IMHO. Google propecia side effects, theres multiple forums dedicated to people with permanent sides from this terrible drug

awms is offline Senior Member
    I know all about the side effects but a normal body is not the same as somone who is on steroids ...when natural I was taking half a tab or .5mg a day and it seemed to be working and since on I use 1mg a day in the morning. when you have 500-1000mg of test running through your body (6-14 times the normal range) you are going to have a alot of dht floating around which is not good either...I have not had any problems as of yet using it and I want to hold onto my hair! when I go off il go back down to .5mg a day...I have heard .25mg is 80% as effective as 1mg in most people

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    yeah the more DHT you have in your body the higher dose you will need. So to answer your question I'd go on at least 2-3mgs if I was on 500mgs of test...thats if I were to trust this drug which i clearly don't lol

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death View Post
    yeah the more DHT you have in your body the higher dose you will need. So to answer your question I'd go on at least 2-3mgs if I was on 500mgs of test...thats if I were to trust this drug which i clearly don't lol
    Very good point. Most regular MD are against use. Hair transplant doc's push it. That's the medical industry for you. I may try .5. Thanks for the strong reminder!!

Thread Information