Burzum is offline New Member

No one in the 70s era had gyno?

How come I have never seen a guy with gyno from the 70s?

(I know Franco had it in the Olympia of 1981)

Why didnt Arnold, Zane, Draper, Mike, etc. have gyno? :O

awms is offline Senior Member
    I have always thought this my self! How was a guy like arnold able to pop dbol like candy and never have any gyno issues what so ever? crazy

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Peoples titts were just made alot better back then LOL

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    I have always thought this my self! How was a guy like arnold able to pop dbol like candy and never have any gyno issues what so ever? crazy
    We had Nolvadex back then that we used for gyno,we didnt know at the time it would stimulate your test for PCT.We used HCG for PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    We had Nolvadex back then that we used for gyno,we didnt know at the time it would stimulate your test for PCT.We used HCG for PCT.
    We? Where did you train before? :P

I'm pretty new to aas, but im reading my self up :P What is PCT (Post Cycle Treatment? Yes I googled)?

I think it has a lot to do with whether your subceptible to gyno,i knew a lot of guys that used a lot of test and didnt get gyno.I started training in a hard core bodybuilding gym where there were a lot of bodybuilders and power lifters in the late 70's and early 80's.At the time steroids were not illegal,you could go to a doctor and get a script.we had a police officer come to the gym and talk to the owner and when he was told what steroids were (male hormones) he said hell i thought you were using drugs.And at the time we had some police officers that were members and they used steroids also.

I think it has a lot to do with whether your subceptible to gyno,i knew a lot of guys that used a lot of test and didnt get gyno.I started training in a hard core bodybuilding gym where there were a lot of bodybuilders and power lifters in the late 70's and early 80's.At the time steroids were not illegal,you could go to a doctor and get a script.we had a police officer come to the gym and talk to the owner and when he was told what steroids were (male hormones) he said hell i thought you were using drugs.And at the time we had some police officers that were members and they used steroids also.
    Haha! ;D I have heard that there where more gyno among the powerlifters than the bodybuilders, because the powerlifters had more/ gained more fat. Any truth to that?

Also, what was a lot (of aas) back then? Is it near as much as today? How much was "average"?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Burzum View Post
    Haha! ;D I have heard that there where more gyno among the powerlifters than the bodybuilders, because the powerlifters had more/ gained more fat. Any truth to that?

Also, what was a lot (of aas) back then? Is it near as much as today? How much was "average"?

Thanks!
    The power lifters at our gym used a lot of test compared to guys bodybuilding.We didnt use near what people use today although what we were gettng at our gym was pharmacuitical grade stuff not undergroung lab stuff.Yes the power lifters gained a lot of fat,just like the ones today.Most sensible users today are using about double what was used back in the day,i dont know how much the pros used but i dont think its any thing like the pro's today use.The most popular drug was Decca and Test for size.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you are just misinformed. I know of people who had gyno and gyno surgery in the late 70s. I think it was just not talked about back then. It's a lot harder to go up to your buddies in thy gym and say hey whats this lump under my nipple or my nips are sensitive and I'm getting man boobs. Most just wore sweat shirts and had surgery later in life.

Ive seen plenty of pictures of pro wrestlers and other people who look like they had gyno or at least the beginning of it.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    And at the time we had some police officers that were members and they used steroids also.
    And they still do!

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I think you are just misinformed. I know of people who had gyno and gyno surgery in the late 70s. I think it was just not talked about back then. It's a lot harder to go up to your buddies in thy gym and say hey whats this lump under my nipple or my nips are sensitive and I'm getting man boobs. Most just wore sweat shirts and had surgery later in life.

Ive seen plenty of pictures of pro wrestlers and other people who look like they had gyno or at least the beginning of it.
    Wierd.. I only saw one guy in pumping iron with gyno..

The power lifters at our gym used a lot of test compared to guys bodybuilding.We didnt use near what people use today although what we were gettng at our gym was pharmacuitical grade stuff not undergroung lab stuff.Yes the power lifters gained a lot of fat,just like the ones today.Most sensible users today are using about double what was used back in the day,i dont know how much the pros used but i dont think its any thing like the pro's today use.The most popular drug was Decca and Test for size.
    That may be the answer.. I just dont believe Arnold and Draper used small doses. I guess some just have the genes, and the one who didn't, didn't get on tape.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd View Post
    And they still do!
    But back then they didnt have to hide it.I guess back then we were more cautious about how much we used because we didnt know what the long term effects if using steroids would be. I have been using them off and about 30 years,and i have no issues from using. I do know that serious problem are from using very high amounts and not moderate doses. There are a lot of people that dont care about down the road and seriously abuse them.
    Last edited by MR10X; 05-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Wierd.. I only saw one guy in pumping iron with gyno..
    LOL, that's only one show. I hope you arent serious. I saw over 100 guys at the show I went to a few weeks ago and didnt see any gyno. LOL Most guys who have it hide it, they dont show/flaunt it.

LOL, that's only one show. I hope you arent serious. I saw over 100 guys at the show I went to a few weeks ago and didnt see any gyno. LOL Most guys who have it hide it, they dont show/flaunt it.
    No, I was joking... (seriously.. I was joking)

Btw, if its you in that photo, then you are looking good, man!

No, I was joking... (seriously.. I was joking)

Btw, if its you in that photo, then you are looking good, man!
    OK I though so. LOL

No not yeah, I got about another year to get to that point, maybe less? Depends on how much life gets in the way again.

OK I though so. LOL

No not yeah, I got about another year to get to that point, maybe less? Depends on how much life gets in the way again.
    Nice! MHO would be to go for a little smaller abs :P

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lol..never heard someone tell another then need smaller abs. Smaller anything for that matter. haha

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    lol..never heard someone tell another then need smaller abs. Smaller anything for that matter. haha
    A smaller waist in general is more pleasing.. Also symmetry..

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Sure on a female. A man should have a strong core IMO.

I had figured that is what you meant and I agree. I like more of the V shape also and not the thick abs.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    keep in mind not all gyno is just from test or dbol ... there is so much estrogen in the water from birth control being pissed out, down the sewage and back int the rivers we use for water. On top of this, you can also get gyno from progresterone sides and there are a lot more bodybuilders using newer compounds not previously used 40 years ago.

Some people are also not gyno prone.

Justhav2p is offline Junior Member
    I see alot of "old" guys that have that "used to" juice look that have A+ Cups. My doc uncle tells me all the time about thier screwed up blood levels as well.

Thread Information