formerly is offline New Member

thinking of cycling...question

Hi. I was told by a friend that it would be ok to ask question here.

edit. My title should have read 'a cycle'. sry.

A little about me..

I am 42, 5'8 and 175lbs with 17% b.f. Used to do alot of comp wrestling back in my teens and 20's and now trying to get back into shape for some grappling.

I was thinking of doing a cycle to lose some bodyfat and up my training. Kinda thinking I'd like to be about 165-170lbs and maybe under 13% b.f. Kinda the more hard, muscular look. Most of my training would be wrestling with some supplemental strength training and I'm kind of hoping that a half or 1 full cycle would help me to get into the swing of things as right now I feel like I will die before I get fit.lol

My friend who claims he can get me some steroids suggested either winstrol , or deca and test.

Was wondering what you guys might think?

Thanks.

p.s. I used to be(20 years ago) around alot of friends who used but my only experience back then was 1 4-week cycle of water based test.

hrmm. Looks like Winstrol is scrapped, due to the brittle joint deal.

otoh, buddy did say that it would be hard to not gain alot of weight on deca /test. Is there anyhing else that would be good for recovery that wouldnt put on alot of weight?

Clen sounds like it would be good for fat loss but nothing for recovery or muscle.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you want to lose weight. MY GUESS- is many guys on here will tell you to get a diet together and train hard, lose your bf through hard work and eating right, once your body fat is lower then if you want to cycle fine. Less bf% = less side effects.

do answer your ? test only would be a good first cycle.
    winn is hard on joints but lean gains like var
    so if you have cash look into var

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Im lost here, the goals you suggest are so easily obtainable through diet and training i have no idea why you would want to use aas.. Simply adjust your diet and add cardio to your daily routine....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

at your age I would look into starting a hgh program of something of that nature. slow clean gains and re-develop the entire body in a way...

and there is the vet I was going to mention. I do not like to use (what a vet would say) so I replaced it with (many ppl).. and yes listen to Matt.

Matt, thanks. Yeah, I do eat pretty good, 3 big squares still, but healthy. My training hasnt been going as well as I intended however. The guys I work with all go pretty hard, (they are the only local club) and the best I've been able to muster makes me at best a weekend warrior type. Just always beat to hell. Might be that I am just too old to go hard so I just thought I'd try out some extra for recovery, just a half-cycle or 1 full one. The fat-loss isnt too important I guess but I really dont want to put on size and it seems like I might have to choose between the 2. if winny does kill joints.

gearbox, thanks. I thought about hgh but really dont have the money and also dont plan on going on a long cycle(aiming to try for a baby this winter). Just looking for a boost over a month or 2 and then seeing where that leave me at the end in training.
    Last edited by formerly; 05-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    do answer your ? test only would be a good first cycle.
    winn is hard on joints but lean gains like var
    so if you have cash look into var
    test will pack on the weight from what I remember but will read up on the var. Thanks.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by formerly View Post
    Matt, thanks. Yeah, I do eat pretty good, 3 big squares still, but healthy. My training hasnt been going as well as I intended however. The guys I work with all go pretty hard, (they are the only local club) and the best I've been able to muster makes me at best a weekend warrior type. Just always beat to hell. Might be that I am just too old to go hard so I just thought I'd try out some extra for recovery, just a half-cycle or 1 full one. The fat-loss isnt too important I guess but I really dont want to put on size and it seems like I might have to choose between the 2. if winny does kill joints.

gearbox, thanks. I thought about hgh but really dont have the money and also dont plan on going on a long cycle(aiming to try for a baby this winter). Just looking for a boost over a month or 2 and then seeing where that leave me at the end in training.
    3 big squares isn't what you wanna eat if you wanna lean out. Without a proper diet you'll never get to where you wanna be even with AAS.

Also since you're over 40 you might wanna just go talk to your doc about possible TRT

Do you also realize that at the end of your cycle your body will not be producing testosterone on its own and the couple weeks after that are going to be depressing as hell?

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by formerly View Post
    test will pack on the weight from what I remember but will read up on the var. Thanks.
    The AAS you chose to use and the diet you run will be the factor to consider. ppl cut on test all of the time!! so saying you will pack on weight is not a legit answer.
    I do like the idea of you going to an anti aging clinic for gh though. thats stuff is great
    also no winny only cycle.
    No test deca cycle.
    just test if you are stuck in your choice.
    Above is correct diet will be good but i bet at your age metabolism is slowwwwinngg down. lol sry bud
    also thyroid function. t3 and clen as you mentioned wil litterally melt you away.
    Im only saying this because you are in your 40's your body is no offense but on the decline. adding compounds now will not damage you as detrimetally as a younger member. If you can get your test levels checked TRT. these are all options HRT,TRT and legal
    Hope I didn't step on anybodies toes with my advice. I just feel that when i am that age I would love to be on trt not worry about cycling and having legal juice. fit for life!!
    Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    3 big squares isn't what you wanna eat if you wanna lean out. Without a proper diet you'll never get to where you wanna be even with AAS.

Also since you're over 40 you might wanna just go talk to your doc about possible TRT

Do you also realize that at the end of your cycle your body will not be producing testosterone on its own and the couple weeks after that are going to be depressing as hell?
    I hear you scotty. I actually have a college diploma in health and fitness via 1992(which is beans these days I know, lol) but eating more meals/day just doesnt cut it too well with me.lol I just dont have the appetite for it and can't seem to force feed myself like buddies can.

The 2 weeks depression? I'm thinking a really light cycle. Just something to up my recovery and cut some weight. Nothing too drastic and probably only a 6-8 week cycle. I understand that I will still have some depression but plan on fitting in some good running when going off. Running is like a virtual happy pill for me.

My Dr? Yeah, maybe, but I really think I need a new doctor. Mine wouldnt give me a script for propecia.lol Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by cantbetouched View Post
    The AAS you chose to use and the diet you run will be the factor to consider. ppl cut on test all of the time!! so saying you will pack on weight is not a legit answer.
    I do like the idea of you going to an anti aging clinic for gh though. thats stuff is great
    also no winny only cycle.
    No test deca cycle.
    just test if you are stuck in your choice.
    Above is correct diet will be good but i bet at your age metabolism is slowwwwinngg down. lol sry bud
    also thyroid function. t3 and clen as you mentioned wil litterally melt you away.
    Im only saying this because you are in your 40's your body is no offense but on the decline. adding compounds now will not damage you as detrimetally as a younger member. If you can get your test levels checked TRT. these are all options HRT,TRT and legal
    Hope I didn't step on anybodies toes with my advice. I just feel that when i am that age I would love to be on trt not worry about cycling and having legal juice. fit for life!!
    Good luck man.

No toes stepped on here and thanks. For sure getting older has its issues but I feel fine otherwise right now and will for sure look into TRT when normal life starts getting affected but just thinking a quick short boost to train regular wrestling with the younger ones right now and hoping that after a 6 week cycle, I am tuffened up to maintain regular training.

The test the way you said sounds good. Just thought I remember buddies getting pretty puffed back in the day while using water and oil based test.
    Last edited by formerly; 05-14-2011 at 06:22 PM.

About 4 years ago went back to training wrestling with a former training friend who is only 2 years younger but used, and is very experienced(never asked what kind they were but they were big-ass white pills). I could only make it twice/week and he was going every night. He has moved since but I did see what the diff was. This time I have went for a bit and still only make it 2-3x/week at most.

Feeling pretty good that I came here. Was thinking winstrol or deca /test. Now, 3 hrs and 5 posts later thinking only test or anavar with maybe clen .

Appreciated guys.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i wrestled through college . im 38 and just ran a low dose test e/eq at 300 mg and cut up, i would think it would be pretty hard to control weight . i wouldnt through clen into the mix with wrestling.
    Last edited by cro; 05-14-2011 at 06:51 PM.

great posts

for wrestling wouldnt do anything other then diet eat good. your shredding water weight always and doing test you can easily dehydrate. my thoughts

mustang331 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post

REgarding TRT, If people aer advising him not to do AAS, and then contradict by saying have a DR do it?

Its almost the same thing.. Only its administered a little different (depending) and dosage is lower, but its still a Test. base.. Usually much much more money too.. LOL my DR. actually knows what Im doing.. Wanted to give me this new pellet treatment.. They insert it under your skin and it can release 50-200mgs of Test.. After he told me how much it would be, and a little laugh from me, he agreed that I would be stupid to buy the same product for 300x the price..

But from what Im gathering it seems this might be the new trend with DR.s.. Maybe after they all fail from Pain killers, they will start to sell test. replacement kits.. After all, from what I was told a DR. can take any report and basically find a way to say that youre low on Test...

Thread Information