PowerliftWill is offline Junior Member

Vascularity whilst cutting

Recently decided to finish up a bulker by cutting down since I have a good amount of tren left and I felt if there was a time to cut it would be at 16-17% BF and while I have tren.

Bottomline i cut carbs from around 400 while bulking down to about 160 (1 cup oats for breakfast then 100 dextrose pwo and that's it)...seeing some major vascularity issues...I feel really flat and can hardly see veins...I know it's the carbs, but seeing as i'm cutting I don't want to bump them back up. Other than that no strength loss (actually gaining strength) and cutting is going very well. Already seeing more definition and fat loss....tren is one helluva compound!

I was wondering if there's a way to increase vascularity during this time besides increasing carbs. Now if I can get away with a few more carbs i'll do so if it means I can regain some vascularity.

Thanks, PLW
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 05-13-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you still 16-17% bf? If so, thats probably the issue right there. Most people don't see solid veins until their 10% or better.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    wha about going 1g per lb of body weight

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's not a real low BF%. Get lower and it shouldn't be a problem. As long as I stay around 10% I'm veiny as f*ck even on and around my low/no carb days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    Are you still 16-17% bf? If so, thats probably the issue right there. Most people don't see solid veins until their 10% or better.
    I totally get what you mean, but I was seeing veins easily whilst bulking...is this common even with a higher BF? I'm not very worried about it, just wanted to confirm it's probably the loss of blood viscosity, which with my higher bf, decreased vascularity.

Besides that, i'm freaking excited, i've never been able to recomp my body like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Yeah that's not a real low BF%. Get lower and it shouldn't be a problem. As long as I stay around 10% I'm veiny as f*ck even on and around my low/no carb days.
    Thanks for the info man. Ya im not worried, I know once it's low enough it'll come back...can't wait to be around 7% and eat a high GI meal and watch those veins POP

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    deff the tren bringing out the vascularity in running tren/prop and see more viens than normal

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    deff the tren bringing out the vascularity in running tren/prop and see more viens than normal
    Ya for sure...that's why I can't wait to get sub 10%. Should be insane if I have nice vascularity when im 16-17% bf. I'm naturally pretty thin and lean, but to gain that sort of mass that I have on my frame, I had to eat big and it got me a little chubby. So it's nice to see my cuts again, i'll keep you guys updated over the next 8 weeks when i'm cutting and post some before and after pics. Hoping to be around 190lbs at around 7% bf.
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 05-13-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Just an update....looking better already...the flatness went away after my body adjusted to the lack of a bunch of carbs. Lost 5lbs over the last week but it's ALL water weight from the decrease in carbs, and tiny bit of fat. Strength is still going up so i know im not losing any muscle. Looking more defined and cut and a lot of people are noticing. Still no tren sides either, slight irritability but nothing major, and im sure it has alot to do with lowering my test to 375mg/wk instead of 750mg/wk. Feel more agile and flexible for some reason...maybe the decrease in water and fat? All in all things are going great, protein high around 2.5g/lb bodyweight. check back in soon

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    b/f is pretty high to be seeing any veins imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    b/f is pretty high to be seeing any veins imo.
    I know...but they easily show when i have my carbs higher despite the BF, which makes me think it will be crazy when my bodyfat is sub 10%

Thread Information