Maynard18 is offline New Member

Anavar & Topical Spiro

Hey guys,
    New to this forum and have been doing lots of browsing through the threads.
    I know that most people would suggest against it but I'm thinking of doing an anavar only cycle. As it IS a DHT derivative I understand that hairloss is a possibility (depending on dose). I am prone to hairloss through genetics unfortunately. The only thing that I have ever taken in the past was M1t (which I now know is garbage). M1t is also already 5ar reduced but it made me shed like a dog. Anavar has less androgenic activity and is supposed to be less hard on the hairline. Just wondering what, if anything, people have found to decrease chances of hairloss with var only. Has anybody who is hairloss prone tried var only with Nizoral and Topical Spiro? Would a light dose of test with propecia to try to eliminate a DHT spike be less tough on the hair? Thinking of doing 40mg ED (20am /pm). Sorry but not quite ready to give up the mop for size. Any input would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!
    BTW
    stats are,
    27 yrs old
    6 foot
    205lbs
    17% b/f
    10 years training.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    its a crap shot, 17% why not diet and cardio i dont know of hairloss from that cycle.

Hey MBMETC thanks for the quick reply. I've dieted down and been shreded at 185-190 on 3-4 occasions in the past. That's just a bit too light for a 6' guy in my opinion. I've always been a hard gainer putting on quality muscle is a very slow process for me. Was hoping to maintain a bit more size/strength this time when cutting for the summer. Anybody ever use topical spiro with var vs. var without it?

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    i here you i was natty cuting for like 12 weeks and fely like i looked like i was 16 so i jumped on cycle to finish it, put back 8lbs and gained muscle while cutting fat..
    ive used spiro bu not with var i used it when i ran deca didnt loose any hair but cant sware it was because of the spiro
    good luck

thanks for the input

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Some shed on anavar because its a DHT deriv still....I think oral turinabol is the best steroid in terms of keeping your hair. the truth is bro dont even do steroids if you care about your hair because its only gonna make it worse...maybe spend a little more money and try HGH, you're getting to that age where it may start helping out and many say it can actually improve hair...

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    and by the way I had great results on m1t but it does make you shed terribly...

I was also looking at OT but I can't seem to find it anywhere around here (Canada). And online pharmacies seem sketchy. I'd say f*&C it and go for the Mr. clean look but I don't think my wife would go for it lol. Maybe I'll just hold on to the var til I hit the point of no return. I've heard from some that topical spiro is crap. Also risks of it going systemic.
    Damn genitics. If no hair issues I'd have so much gear on board I would glow in the dark.

laveycraft is offline Junior Member
    im prone and have lost little bit but not from var ,way before starting. ive since done 3 cycles of 60 mgs. with no hairloss YA.. currently doing 80 mgs no issues either. havent tryed any lotions either.did try test 300mg /week but quit after 2 weeks because i was worried about lossing hair.u should be ok running var.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO, if you're worried about hairloss from something as weakly androgenic as Anavar , just pack up your shit and go home. AAS is not for you.

robschuh is offline New Member
    Taking that small amount of Anavar would barely help a female grow. I see no reason to commit a felony for something that will do next to nothing or at worst, slow down your natural test output to a point where you could go backwards. You're still young enough to make good gains. I would clean up your diet and get leaner before you even think about anything. I've been training for 36 years and was close friends with Dan Duchaine. I've worked with quite a few IFBB pros with diet and drugs and written for 3 different bodybuilding publications, so I'm not newbie to this. Anavar is good when used with something else, but by itself will not be worth your time nor money.

Thanks, really appreciate all the opinions. My diet and sleeping patterns are not the greatest due to being a shift worker with no scheduled breaks. But I'm sure I could clean them up a bit. I expected to get the go big or go home type answers and possibly this is what I should consider. Still never found out the answer to my original question though. If topical spironolactone would do anything or not to combat var induced hair loss. I may just give it a go and see what happens. At least with orals, they are excreted quickly and I can just stop if I want to.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, spiro will help. As will Nizoral shampoo.

Thread Information