manz_512 is offline Junior Member

Hard to shred BF.. Needing advice

I did 2 cycles previously mayb last year. Got good gains but job situation forces me to have difficult time going to the gym and diet was crap along d way as i'm werking on an oil rig. As a result gain some BF.. Its been 3months i'm started working out and doin cardio 2 times a week mayb 3 times if i've d time weights 3-4 days a week,diet has been good every 3 hours small meals, low carbs high protein, only to have cheat day on sundays only. Now i wanna know if its d previous cycles that is causing this. I usually stick to this routine and can lose BF easily before i cycle. but it seems hard to shred BF now. Also not AAs related question i quit smoking like a year.. And my appetite BOOMed. Thinkin for another go at AAS like a test only cycle. Do u guts have same xperience like mine. Can d experience advise me on this. I used to have that sharp facial look since AAS usage. Doin tons of cardio and still bloated puffy facial, and its notmy
    mind. Any advise?

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    What kind of cardio you do? And what's your diet look like? Sounds like for sure your problem is in your diet and cardio.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Outline your diet for us... Diet is the key to shredding body fat...

Just jog 2-3 times a week @2-5 km 45-60 mins..weight lifts mon, tues fri. Cardio tues, thurs, sunday mornings

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet?

0600 2scoops protein shake only 56g

0900 2 wholewheat with tuna can 24g P

1200 8 ounce chicken breast with i cup brown rice

1500 same as 1200hr meal

1600 same as 1200

2100 5 egg whites i whole. no carbs

2300 2 scoops shake b4 bedtime.

Note i've been with this diet everytime when i know the need for lose weight.. Never did count calories. Follow the palm of your style of food portions.

Juz dunno y?

kml999 is offline Associate Member
    i dont know if i could help but am sure the guys on here will help....whats your stats? age? height? bf?

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    no natural sugars(fruit) no leafy green stuff? no oats? 6oz strong black coffee then cardio in the morning 20 min on bike at good pace , on empty stomach 5 days a week in a row,then 1/2 cup whole grain oats to 1 cup water 1min 40 sec in microwave, with 1 large bannana, thats your morning cut meal. next meal on your times is 5 hard boiled egg whites 1 yoke apple or bannana, next is chicken breast very full 1/2 cup/brown rice very full 1/2 cup/broccoli very full 1/2 cup. add creatine to your diet .under 5 grams a day pre work out , 6 oz black coffee,then i lift, then whey protien shake.then dinner time i do the same as lunch might use lean steak instead, salad. thats it when im cutting hard. if im starving i might throw in cottage cheese 1/3 cup /fruit cup with 100% juice at 7:00 .
    Last edited by cro; 05-16-2011 at 05:03 AM.

AbusedYam is offline Junior Member
    Alot of people on this site swear by fasted cardio, i just started doing it and so far so good

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kml999 View Post
    i dont know if i could help but am sure the guys on here will help....whats your stats? age? height? bf?
    Need that as well as the brown rice, is that one cup cooked or uncooked?

cro
    Blog Entries
    because it works. and this diet that ive mapped out kicks ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbusedYam View Post
    Alot of people on this site swear by fasted cardio, i just started doing it and so far so good

boundup is offline Associate Member
    I work a highly physical job, not heavy weight, just a ton of moving. I have to do cardio on empty stomach ( I down from BCAA's) and cut ALL but tiny carbs after my first meal. Granted, Tren is certainly helping the situation.

cro
    Blog Entries
    wtf. post your own thread . wheres the op?
    Quote Originally Posted by boundup View Post
    I work a highly physical job, not heavy weight, just a ton of moving. I have to do cardio on empty stomach ( I down from BCAA's) and cut ALL but tiny carbs after my first meal. Granted, Tren is certainly helping the situation.

Hexagon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbusedYam View Post
    This is one of the bodybuilding myths that will be around for decades. All newer research concludes that there is no way to trick your body in to shred more fat based on the timing of meals and exercise. In 24 hours it is all calories in and calories out it all amounts to the same.

All those who has success with cardio before breakfast do continue. But research suggest that a light meal before morning cardio yields the best results.

boundup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    wtf. post your own thread . wheres the op?
    What are you on about? He asked for advice, and I gave him advice per my situation.

cro
    Blog Entries
    sorry i though you were asking ? my fault
    Quote Originally Posted by boundup View Post
    What are you on about? He asked for advice, and I gave him advice per my situation.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    no natural sugars(fruit) no leafy green stuff? no oats? 6oz strong black coffee then cardio in the morning 20 min on bike at good pace , on empty stomach 5 days a week in a row,then 1/2 cup whole grain oats to 1 cup water 1min 40 sec in microwave, with 1 large bannana, thats your morning cut meal. next meal on your times is 5 hard boiled egg whites 1 yoke apple or bannana, next is chicken breast very full 1/2 cup/brown rice very full 1/2 cup/broccoli very full 1/2 cup. add creatine to your diet .under 5 grams a day pre work out , 6 oz black coffee,then i lift, then whey protien shake.then dinner time i do the same as lunch might use lean steak instead, salad. thats it when im cutting hard. if im starving i might throw in cottage cheese 1/3 cup /fruit cup with 100% juice at 7:00 .
    Banana while cutting? I thought there was too much sugar and fat in bananas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexagon View Post
    This is one of the bodybuilding myths that will be around for decades. All newer research concludes that there is no way to trick your body in to shred more fat based on the timing of meals and exercise. In 24 hours it is all calories in and calories out it all amounts to the same.

All those who has success with cardio before breakfast do continue. But research suggest that a light meal before morning cardio yields the best results.
    I would have to disagree, atleast with my body the results are not the same. Cardio on a fast has been much more successfull.

How old are you? As you get into late 20s and 30s its going to take more work to stay lean.

Two to three days of cardio is a wast of time. You need at least 5 days per week. 6-7 is best. And you can have a cheat meal not a cheat day.
    Last edited by gymfu; 05-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=gymfu;5644210]I would have to disagree, atleast with my body the results are not the same. Cardio on a fast has been much more successfull.[/QUOTE

When im doing cardio i want to burn fat. Doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning seems like you would tap into more protien tissue as fuel since there is no glycogen stores to run on... meaning more muscle burning

[QUOTE=brad1986;5644465]
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    I would have to disagree, atleast with my body the results are not the same. Cardio on a fast has been much more successfull.[/QUOTE

When im doing cardio i want to burn fat. Doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning seems like you would tap into more protien tissue as fuel since there is no glycogen stores to run on... meaning more muscle burning
    Don't understand the science behind it, just that is has made a differnence for me, and I haven't lost any muscle tissue. I've actualy gained some weight.

I think it has to do with the glyogen stores in your liver, they would be extremly low if any at all; hince fat burn mode very quickly after starting cardio sesion.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yeah wat Cro said.Seems to be working for me.

Hey sorry guys late reply.. Laptop is down. Usually i follow my initial diet with success..BF from 25%-16% in no time with cardio. I can't commit on fasted cardio cause the moment i wake up, its like straight to d bath n work. 6 dayz a week early mornings. So i might wanna pick d best of advice. The reason there is no veggies in my diet cause i prepack my food fro
    home. So by afternoon the veggies got a little mushy. So can't chuck in

mwilkinson is offline Associate Member

hey cro!

you said that diet works for you. could i pm you about some questions i have regarding it?

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    your body thinks its starving and is holding on to your bodyfat aka slowed metabolism. long cardio sessions are very counter productive as they will slow metabolism as well, you need to do short bursts of high intensity resistance and cardiovascular training to maximize epoc and speed up your metabolism. i also suggest only hitting your calorie deficit for a maximum of three days then going up in your calorie intake on day 4 and not doing any work outs on that day as well. then start your calorie deficit again on day 5 for three days again.

pigrond is offline Member
    morning fast cardio has also worked well for me in the past.definitely have to do cardio almost everyday though im gettin to be old.

turkishexpress is offline Junior Member
    I might try some of the specific diets outlined here. However, I think most people will benefit greatly from cutting out the fructose all together. Fructose likes to replenish liver glycogen first and if that's full usually ends up as fat.

cro
    Blog Entries
    you need some natural sugars and bannanas worked great for me .but choose your own fruit...all ican say any one who sticks to this diet will shred up hard core. this was incredible noticed changes daily. and right now im at 9% bf down from over 20 last summer
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Banana while cutting? I thought there was too much sugar and fat in bananas?
    any one has any ? im no pro but feel i can help.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    you need some natural sugars and bannanas worked great for me .but choose your own fruit...all ican say any one who sticks to this diet will shred up hard core. this was incredible noticed changes daily. and right now im at 9% bf down from over 20 last summerany one has any ? im no pro but feel i can help.
    My brother did a similar diet to yours, but he refused to use bananas. Instead he'd use water melon and real Oxnard stawberries. But really though the diet was more important than the cardio for him in shedding fat.

Cutting for me has always been easy, even in my 30's. So I really don't know any first hand experience. I could just do minor changes to my diet and I'd drop fat as if I were a teenage girl with an eating disorder.

you need some natural sugars and bannanas worked great for me .but choose your own fruit...all ican say any one who sticks to this diet will shred up hard core. this was incredible noticed changes daily. and right now im at 9% bf down from over 20 last summerany one has any ? im no pro but feel i can help.
    Since when?

lol love this thread

cro
    Blog Entries

no fruit?WTF

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Since when?
    so your saying you dont need any natural sugars ? thats a first for me. but it looks like you know what your doing .care to elaborate instead of leaving me in suspence

so your saying you dont need any natural sugarsYes, I am saying your body doesnt need any natural sugars...ever. ? thats a first for me. but it looks like you know what your doing .care to elaborate instead of leaving me in suspence
    If you have information contrary to that I am willing to listen with an open mind.

i didn't know sugar was a building block either... lol

I am not saying you cant have a successful diet with them included but I know I have gone without them for an extended amount of time on several occasions while contest prepping with no problems.

cro
    Blog Entries
    i just keep lookin at those quads .im jealous ,i thought i had big legs . no i dont have any thing to prove you wrong.but i can say that this has worked great for me .i love fruit.

Bottom line in this sport is if it works for you keep doing it.

what classifies a "natrual sugar" fructose?

Thanks CRO (lookin good buddy) n Crazy legs FIReguy on your advice.

I'm gonna give my body a little rest right now, after the failure.
    Mayb starting again in brand new june to shred BF as low as possible.

Here's my meal plan

0530hrs wake up- 2 scoops whey + 1 cup oats + 1 green apple
    0800hrs- 5 egg whites 1 whole + 2 wholewheat bread
    1200hrs- 8 ounce chicken Breast (roast) + 1cup brown rice
    1500hrs same serving as 1200hrs
    1800hrs- same as 1200hrs
    2100hrs- 10 ounce fish telapia + 1 green apple+ 2 wholewheat bread
    2300hrs- 2 scoops whey

i know this is a non competiton diet. Just wanna lose BF.

Thread Information