lc1213 is offline Associate Member

quad pain/soreness

i recieved my gear yesterday of test e and since it was monday, i figured i would go ahead and start my cycle (250ml monday/thursday). i had my wife pin me (former medic so she has plenty of experience with pinning unruly people) and we pinned my left quad. the injection went smooth other than the only needle we could find was a 27guage 1 1/4" so it had to be injected slow (forgot to order needles). no blood, didn't hit a nerve, was a lot easier than i anticipated. i pinned at approximately 2:00 pm and began working out at 3:15 pm.

now the downside. i do a 4 day split. Mondays/thursdays are the days i work my legs. while i was working out i had a dull pain in my left leg for much of the workout which subsided after i was done and was fine the rest of the night. this morning when i woke up to go running my left quad is extremely sore/painful like I strained a muscle or something. my workout regimen didn't change other than 1 or 2 more reps on squats and deadlifts which isn't uncommon. i try to take at least the last set to failure on my squats and deadlifts. could the soreness be because i pinned and worked out so close together?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Virgin muscle maybe? Always hurts the first few weeks IMO...

What are your stats?

Age?
    Height?
    Weight?
    Bf%?
    Cycle history?

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 188
    bf% 13
    1st cycle. have been working out for last 2.5 years

sirupate is offline Member
    In my limited experience, working out just after pinning seems to have caused me less pain in my quads than if I pin and then sit there for an evening doing nothing. But, I am not pinning as much as you in terms of volume...usually 100-200mg. test. c. I am using the vastus lateralis area of my quads (sides not top).

buffgator is offline king of mass
    of course your going to be sore and thats normal. think about it you stabbing something into your legs and injecting fluid into it! your muscles have never encountered this before. with time it will hurt less if at all. I've been doing this 10 yrs now and 99% of the time don't feel anything anymore but once in a while i still get tender from a shot. massage it, put a hot sackcloth on it and your good to go. always be rotating your injection spots also

SAMS_DAD is offline Junior Member
    it's your first time pinning into your quad, so it will feel sore the first few times. Try pinning in other areas to see if your other muscles can tolerate it first time around (delts, glutes, traps). If you stick to your quads, the soreness will not be there after it's been stabbed a few times. You could always try massaging the area after you've pinned, maybe heat up the gear before hand? My first quad injection hurt for about a week, couldn't walk, just sitting down was a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    In my limited experience, working out just after pinning seems to have caused me less pain in my quads than if I pin and then sit there for an evening doing nothing. But, I am not pinning as much as you in terms of volume...usually 100-200mg. test. c. I am using the vastus lateralis area of my quads (sides not top).
    yea i used the side too.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMS_DAD View Post
    it's your first time pinning into your quad, so it will feel sore the first few times. Try pinning in other areas to see if your other muscles can tolerate it first time around (delts, glutes, traps). If you stick to your quads, the soreness will not be there after it's been stabbed a few times. You could always try massaging the area after you've pinned, maybe heat up the gear before hand? My first quad injection hurt for about a week, couldn't walk, just sitting down was a workout.
    yea sitting down is a bitch, but standing up is a much bigger bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    of course your going to be sore and thats normal. think about it you stabbing something into your legs and injecting fluid into it! your muscles have never encountered this before. with time it will hurt less if at all. I've been doing this 10 yrs now and 99% of the time don't feel anything anymore but once in a while i still get tender from a shot. massage it, put a hot sackcloth on it and your good to go. always be rotating your injection spots also
    gonna try glutes next. just hope that i dont have a sore left leg and a sore right buttcheek at the same time. that would make working out tough.

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    Before you start poking your but do you drive anywhere or for work? glute pins make turns/ driving a little rough sometimes. prop IS THE WORST.
    but yeah buddy your G2G. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cantbetouched View Post
    Before you start poking your but do you drive anywhere or for work? glute pins make turns/ driving a little rough sometimes. prop IS THE WORST.
    but yeah buddy your G2G. good luck.
    Yea fortunately for now I work from home so driving won't be a huge issue

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test always hurts me. Gluts will be the least painfull place. Welcome to the club brother, injection pain is just part of the gig.

Like one dude told me on this forum if your not ready to pin then you're not ready to cycle. Just is a part of that if I want to cycle I have to endure some of the pain. I should be good to go once I get a few under my belt

BBall6 is offline Associate Member
    Probably just virgin muscle, but heating the gear a little prior to pinning can sometimes help.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    just do it and deal with it.....it gets less painful and your body seems to not get as irritated as time goes on.

Thread Information