Thread: water

bigbossofdariver is offline Junior Member

water

how much is too much water?

When the water begins to change the electrolyte concentration in your body. Just stay saturated. I don't think 8 cups a day, not 8 and a half cups, is the "perfect" amount of water. We all have different metabolisms, do different work, live in different climates. We all need different quantity of water. Stay saturated.

yeah i know you have to take alot of things into consideration but im drinking 120 ounces daily and am still thirsty throughout the day.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    3 liters is a decent amount. What climate do u live in? Do u have a physical job?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossofdariver View Post
    yeah i know you have to take alot of things into consideration but im drinking 120 ounces daily and am still thirsty throughout the day.
    You can easily go up to 150 ounces and nothing bad will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    3 liters is a decent amount. What climate do u live in? Do u have a physical job?
    nah, no job. im a college student but i do workout 4 times a week and im a natural sweater. and as of climate is usually from 40-60f. also im a big guy.

court628 is offline New Member
    I don't thnk there is a exact answer for you question as everyone is different. To actually be drinking too much water would be somewhat difficult to do in my opinion. Your body typically knows what it needs so if you feel thirsty drink. I think far too many people do not drink near enough water which is not good for the body at all.

Just watch your body. If you're pee is yellow, not enough water. If your pee is clear, you're probably saturated. I take supplements that colors my urine. So I just watch to see with it turns clear.

Quote Originally Posted by court628 View Post
    I don't thnk there is a exact answer for you question as everyone is different. To actually be drinking too much water would be somewhat difficult to do in my opinion. Your body typically knows what it needs so if you feel thirsty drink. I think far too many people do not drink near enough water which is not good for the body at all.
    i just wouldnt want to hinder any gains by flushing out nutrients, also i drank 130 ounces yesterday and have been pretty thirsty today.

J. Cole is offline Associate Member
    if you are thirsty, drink more water... there are far worse things you can do to your body than drinking too much water IMO

choo9 is offline Junior Member
    Drink until you're not thirsty.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Pretty certain that drinking too much water and diluting your electrolytes is only a real concern if you are exerting yourself and sweating heavily. If you are not sweating, but just drinking tons of water for the hell of it, you will just piss out the water, but it won't throw off your electrolytes much. However, if you're sweating out the water that you're drinking, then you need to supplement with electrolytes (mainly sodium and potassium) to avoid potassium-pump failure and cell rupture...then death.

Thread Information