SMcB is offline Associate Member

Is a 50 lb. increase in bench press possible from Deca?

Looking to gain at least 50 lbs. on my bench. I've been working out for years and feel I am at my natural limit. I am in my late 30's and am already losing my hair so unfortunately I will be staying away from the two steroids that are supposedly best for strength (but supposedly harsh on the hair): Tren and Anadrol . Is it possible to gain significant strength from Deca ?

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, deca is great for strength. You know you need test too right?

Please provide stats for more help.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Heh I ran both of those in one cycle and my hair is paying for it. No MPB in my family. No one can tell my hair is thinning except me. I dunno if I will use either again without heavy hair loss prevention.
    If its a first cycle, test only. 50lbs on bench could be easy if you're benching 250, might be a little more difficult if you're closer to 450.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    probably not since you are an experienced lifter

fizler is offline Associate Member
    I went up 40lbs on my bench just by adding 400mg/wk of EQ, to 500mg of test, which is pretty much all I run. If you want to go crazy add some tren in there, never gotten stronger than when I ran tren.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    theres about 100 different things that factor into this.....no one can tell you. My deadlift and squat varies about 100lbs between off cycle and on....my bench varies only about 25. Diet, genetics, how technical you are on training your press etc all play into it also. So in general yes deca gain make your strength go up allot as to how much though its not possible to give you a number.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    i personally donth think of deca as a huge strength compound, i know weird right? things like dbol , tren and TNE make me much stronger.

I still love deca though, the pumps and sweats in the gym are phenomenal.

Universal1 is offline Junior Member
    without knowing your goals, stats, or purpose for increase imo id say yea, with or w/o deca (never took any deca or gear yet). if your maxing out on flat barbell press and feel like your at your limit have someone spot you gradually add more weight (5,10,20lbs). when performing a rep, bring the weight down slowly (negative) and have the spotter help lift up if needed. within a few weeks your muscles will adjust to the weight and youll add 50lbs. this has worked for me in the past

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    If the guy just wants to use Deca , why are people asking him where's the test? Test may be the base of any good cycle, but if there's any compound out there that can be used on its own for moderate strength and lean muscle gains with low sides, it's Deca. As for a 50 pound increase in your bench, I don't know. All that stuff varies from person to person.

TOkidd

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
    If the guy just wants to use Deca , why are people asking him where's the test? Test may be the base of any good cycle, but if there's any compound out there that can be used on its own for moderate strength and lean muscle gains with low sides, it's Deca. As for a 50 pound increase in your bench, I don't know. All that stuff varies from person to person.

TOkidd
    Oh really, have you ever used deca by it's self? I'm guessing not because most guys like the dick to do more than just hang there.

Deca is VERY suppressive to your natural test.
    Last edited by gymfu; 05-19-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post

TOkidd
    Typical parrot post.

gymfu:

Thank-you for your concern about my dick, but it was just fine when I did a 400mg/week cycle of Deca for 10 weeks in 2002. So were my gains.

^^^^^ so whats your point?

I'm replying to gymfu's post. That's the only point.

its just a dumb thing to do know matter which way you slice it, maybe you didn't have problems, that doesn't take away the fact that is a illogical way to cycle.

Illogical how? It was my first cycle and all evidence at the time indicated that Deca was a great compound with mild sides. I still stand by this, whether or not you think it's illogical. It worked well for me.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    not only is it possible.. it is probably.. but you will most likely lose most of it after getting off cycle.. if you want to add 50lbs to your bench naturally, AND KEEP IT!!!! just read this link:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...eks&highlight=

well if you would have kept your T levels within physiological range what exactly would lead you to believe sides, or anything else for that matter would have turned out different????? shutting down a hormone in your body and not replacing it when its very easy to do is illogical, you agree???

I used Clomid post-cycle to help get my body's natural T going again. It worked fine. I kept my gains. The inclusion of test in a Deca cycle may be the best way to go, but if someone doesn't want to do test, then there are plenty of people out there who've done Deca-only cycles and been happy with the results.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    ok I have done the bloodwork myself and I know for a fact that a single shot of deca solo will shut you down.
    I ran blood work before and was at 680, took my deca shot and ran bloodwork again 24hrs later 340, waited 1 week and ran blood again 240. So one shot of deca will shut you down, dunno about you but I'd consider full suppression a pretty rough side

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    90lbs for 5 reps on test/deca ...ahhhh that was sweet

another thing to factor in is your strength potential and how close you are to it. I've been hitting 475lbs on bench for 3.5 years now but no matter what i take i don't get past it.

Mass EffecT is offline New Member
    50 lbs upgrade? How long do you guys think it would take to reach this increment in additional weight from day 1? I would say at least 8 to 10 weeks, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mass EffecT View Post
    50 lbs upgrade? How long do you guys think it would take to reach this increment in additional weight from day 1? I would say at least 8 to 10 weeks, no?
    like we have been trying to say through out this thread, there are a million factors. this is a question that can't be answered with a definitive answer.

5x10 is offline Associate Member
    200mgs of deca /test is a great, conservative stack

choo9 is offline Junior Member
    50 lbs is a big jump but not impossible. Lot of factors to consider though. Make sure you keep the test running strong or u may experience some nasty deca sides.

sanman is offline Associate Member
    45 pound increase on benching running 500mg test cyp. & Var right now!

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    If its your first cycle it may be possible but it will depend on how advanced your bench is now. Some ppl are built to bench and some ppl will never be any good at it. Too many variables to consider IMO

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    If its your first cycle it may be possible but it will depend on how advanced your bench is now. Some ppl are built to bench and some ppl will never be any good at it. Too many variables to consider IMO
    agreed,im a big guy and only done 2 cycles of test cyp,been seriuosly training for heavy bench for 2 years,and i started using the 5/3/1/ method off cycle and gained 20 lbs on my bench in 2 and a half months,so i would say chances are you can do it with deca ,im fixin to find out myself as deca will be with my next cycle,as my trainer told me its all about your mind nad your will power to do it,just my 2 cents....good luck op

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    i blow at benching but on tha cycle it was enjoyable, good point

Thread Information