EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member

Question HCG and Hair Loss

I am taking 200mgs cypionate per week along with 25mg anavar a day. Also, i am using 250iu's of hcg twice a week. I inject 100mgs cypionate twice per week and inject my hcg 48 hours before my cyp injection. I use propecia and normally will not have hair loss with this dosage of cypionate. I noticed my hair loss kicked up and could only tribute it to the hcg because it started happening after i started hcg. Anyone else have this issue or know if hcg can cause this. I recently started an amino acid injectibles 3 times a week. 100mg l-arginine, 250mg l-carnitine, and 200mg glutathione. I can not imagine the aminos would cause this. Anyone have any experience or answers.
    Thanks,

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    no. ive never heard of hcg causing hairloss... i'm on finasteride and have cycled without any problem.

is it yoru first cycle?
    200 is kinda low, but ok for a first cycle

do you use procepia year round or just when cycling

Quote Originally Posted by kleaver View Post
    no. ive never heard of hcg causing hairloss... i'm on finasteride and have cycled without any problem.

is it yoru first cycle?

It is not my first. I'M 56 years old. I obtain my test from anti aging clinic. I don't like to use to much. Hard to get off test at this age. Wanted to try getting off at the end of the summer and was planning an aggressive pct, but I think I remember my last pct losing hair while i was on hcg. I have seen testimonials on youtube and the internet about people losing hair from hcg. I do use propecia year round. Wanted to try not using propecia after I stopped test. I know it is not a good drug!!!

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I'n on TRT as well, and using HCG , never notice air lost.

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    im on trt as well as cycles with Hcg and never had the hair lose and im 45

Interesting? Will keep researching and try to figure it out. Hcg has a side effect on me as far as shrinking prostate. That is listed as an hcg side effect on several drug sites.

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
    Interesting? Will keep researching and try to figure it out. Hcg has a side effect on me as far as shrinking prostate. That is listed as an hcg side effect on several drug sites.
    so does procepia my doctor told me....

Yes propecia does. I don't notice a major shrink from propecia. It may be the two combined causing the unusual effect. Thx

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes its possible to have hair loss from hcg .

HCG has been shown to increase Test levels along with aromatase activity (separeately invitro) so it would increase aromatase activity.

Since you are on a HRT similar dose of test, you dont have enough test in your system to keep the T+DHT/E ratio in proper amounts to keep your hair with the added aromatase activity. Either taking a low dose AI, or upping your T would help minimize the loss to balance the ratio back to more T
    Since you are taking the DHT blocker (fina) the thinning of hair should be lessened. However, To high of estrogen levels can cause hair loss also. thats why taking the AI would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Yes its possible to have hair loss from hcg .

HCG has been shown to increase Test levels along with aromatase activity (separeately invitro) so it would increase aromatase activity.

Since you are on a HRT similar dose of test, you dont have enough test in your system to keep the T+DHT/E ratio in proper amounts to keep your hair with the added aromatase activity. Either taking a low dose AI, or upping your T would help minimize the loss to balance the ratio back to more T
    Since you are taking the DHT blocker (fina) the thinning of hair should be lessened. However, To high of estrogen levels can cause hair loss also. thats why taking the AI would help.
    I am taking 1mg anastazole (arimadex) twice per week total 2mgs. Clinic recommended 3 mgs per week, but i thought that would be to much for 200mgs test per week. Do you think it would be better to up the test or try upping the arimadex to 3mgs per week. My test levels off of test have been as low as 78 off of test. Thanks for your help!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am taking 1mg anastazole (arimadex) twice per week total 2mgs. Clinic recommended 3 mgs per week, but i thought that would be to much for 200mgs test per week. Do you think it would be better to up the test or try upping the arimadex to 3mgs per week. My test levels off of test have been as low as 78 off of test. Thanks for your help!
    I think it would be better to take a smaller dose of adex (.5mg) EOD...taking it twice per week makes no since given its' short half life

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I think it would be better to take a smaller dose of adex (.5mg) EOD...taking it twice per week makes no since given its' short half life
    Yeah, the one miligram is there recommendation, because they sell it that way. But they have been wrong about a number of things that i have had to correct them on. I think I will split the capsules in half, they come one miligram. Thanks

kleaver is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    as soon as you discontinue propecia you'll lose any hair you've gained from the drug... i'd suggest jsut stayig on it.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, the one miligram is there recommendation, because they sell it that way. But they have been wrong about a number of things that i have had to correct them on. I think I will split the capsules in half, they come one miligram. Thanks
    good plan

RoidReaper is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kleaver View Post

is it yoru first cycle?

BS, HCG made my hair rain off my head too. After 2 weeks of stopping HCG my hair stops shedding. Then if i do it again it will shed for another 2 weeks and stop.

Yet again 100mg Winstrol a day doesnt make me shed a hair...

Thread Information