MuttonChop is offline Associate Member

Injected by myself this time, wow, what a rush...but...

I always got someone to inject me before, but today, I injected for the first time by myself. It felt good, loved the adrenaline rush. But, I have a quick question.

I always associated the pain with the pin piercing the skin, but when I injected, I went in about 3/4 inch to an inch and hit something hard underneath. It was painful to push further in, so much so that I aspirated right there and shot when I got just vacuum.

Was it a muscle? Could I have potentially injected into a fat layer?

Not much pain atm, just a bit sore around the site. No swelling, etc. Feels like all my other injections. Did use a 22g instead of 23g this time though.

Just want some peace of mind. Thanks.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what part of the body were you injecting in?
    if you went 3/4 of the way you should be in muscle unless you have very high bf

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    22g is a big needle... i use 25g to inject

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definately gotta ask where you were injecting, muscle is usually very easy to penetrate ( although muscle should be relaxed and maybe you were flexing like mad out of first time fear?) Anyway usually the needle will be in muscle (depending on bodyfat and injection location) by about 3/8th inch you just want to go another 3/8th to 1 inch (depending on injection location) to ensure you are deep within the muscle fiber so that the entire volume of the shot can be contained well within the muscle tissue.

If you are very thin you may have hit the bone or other non muscle tissue, particularly if it was a delt shot and your injection location was poor. Just food for thought. Of course another possibility is if you have had someone pinning you for a while and have not been rotating sites properly you may also have a bit of scar tissue at this depth..anyway keep on doing you own shots, but look up all you can about different needle lengths for different locations and where to place/locate the needle when injecting.

And yeah to Lemonada's comment a 23 is bigger than needed a 25 is the preference of most as it makes a smaller hole and helps control injection speed.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 05-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.

layeazy is offline Banned
    wow what a rush hope your not injecting into the vein or something weird dude...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Which part of the body are you injecting?
    Excitable aren't you lol

Nuzzi is offline Associate Member
    i did all my own injections from day one and never hit anything hard using 23g, def going to 25g next time around. i was nervous first time too, but now i love it. strange? good luck.

GunSlingR is offline Junior Member
    love to pin thy self? odd. use a 25g. Just wait until you go thru and thru a vein and squirt blood half way across the room. Cleaning up that mess is a rush! lmfao

my buddy passed out first time he did his own shot. woke up with the needle in his hand and he was laying on it. funny cause he didnt get hurt, but wierd how he even ended up like that because he was injecting in ass, finished the shot then freaked out and passed out.

Nuzzi is offline Associate Member
    hahaha hes lucky he didnt land on the needle!

Thread Information