DYNAMIK is offline New Member

Got a urine test for Corrections officer job

(sorry posted this in another section but i need more answers) I want to do a small cycle before I do my physical fitness test but i think the urine test is the same day i was wondering if they test for roids, ive heard alot of things so far like testing for roids is too expensive and if they do see anything it'll just be elevated test levels, dunno if the state of Hawaii would pay $200+ to test for roids

DYNAMIK is offline New Member
    Halp please

thatasnguy is offline Junior Member
    you will be fine. I was fine when i was tested in the navy, your good. they (prime) looking for protein meaning thc and other street drugs like coke,tweek,xtc,mdma etc stuff like that where your urine would be packed with protein.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatasnguy View Post
    you will be fine. I was fine when i was tested in the navy, your good. they (prime) looking for protein meaning thc and other street drugs like coke,tweek,xtc,mdma etc stuff like that where your urine would be packed with protein.
    WTF are u talking about?

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DYNAMIK View Post
    Halp please
    Your right it is exspensive and most don't test for it. But in saying that as time goes on I think more places will start to. Maybe play it safe and wait till after. Unless someone that's in corrections chimes in. I was in the navy too and didn't get tested for it but a friend who's in the police force did. So every agency could be different...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Im not sure if they will test you for steroids or not - id strongly suspect no. However people need to stop saying oh they wont because its too expensive..i was in a situation where i had to pay for a drug test for steroids - total cost- $78.00. Im sure its alot less if a company uses the diagnostic service for all there testing - id imagine that would result in a substatially reduced price....

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    standard 10 panels for corrections officer. you'll be fine.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    When I got got a job working detention I was not tested for steroids .....I have a friend who is on the hiring panel for the next county over. He says they have never asked anyone if they have used steroids or tested for steroids.

Inked up what exactly was your test? What did it look for. My uncle is a state NPC chair and they do polygraff test but no actual blood or urine test for the natural shows...he says its to expensive

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    When I got got a job working detention I was not tested for steroids .....I have a friend who is on the hiring panel for the next county over. He says they have never asked anyone if they have used steroids or tested for steroids.

Inked up what exactly was your test? What did it look for. My uncle is a state NPC chair and they do polygraff test but no actual blood or urine test for the natural shows...he says its to expensive
    It was a urine test - I think was called steroid panel - that checked for levels of metabolites of about 15 or so substances. I remember thinking some were stupid IMO like ando and dhea etc - i also remember some roids werent listed as well. I also recall the woman saying one thing about the testing - its really important they do it quickly because certain bacteria that contaminates the urine can somehow effect levels of these metabolites and create a false positive.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    It was a urine test - I think was called steroid panel - that checked for levels of metabolites of about 15 or so substances. I remember thinking some were stupid IMO like ando and dhea etc - i also remember some roids werent listed as well. I also recall the woman saying one thing about the testing - its really important they do it quickly because certain bacteria that contaminates the urine can somehow effect levels of these metabolites and create a false positive.
    that's a real bummer that testing is becoming affordable

Donjuice is offline Junior Member
    Awesome....Im sure ill a lot of F' You's but I gotta comment.
    How about seeking a new line of work?
    You would be a Felon if ever caught...as would we all ( US laws on illegal Steriod use/ obtainment ) would. That would concern me more for putting my possibility of a career in jepardy.

I know it happens but a lawbreaker managing criminals...sweet!!!
    Most CO's ( most, not all.) I knew where ball suckers who had low self esteem and not enough intelligence to get other decent paying tested job.

Go Felons !!!!!

kawizx10 is offline Associate Member
    I know in Canada they do not test for steroids . Although it is very cut and dry. If you walk in and look like Ronnie Coleman they will anti up the extra cash for a full panel test. but here is what they are looking for. IMHO steriods should be a legal option and paid for by law enforcement agencies.

Drug Class: Opiates/Opioids/Narcotic Analgesics Examples opium, morphine, codeine, heroin (diacetyl morphine), fentanyl, methadone, meperidine, L-alpha-acetylmethadol (LAAM)

Drug Class: Stimulatory Hallucinogenics (cf. former psychotomimetics) Examples MDMA (ecstasy), phencyclidine (PCP), ketamine (?)

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    You will probably have to take a poly though. And they will ask about illegal drug use. Best bet is to get a clinic to give you a script for them, then you will be legal. Last thing you want is to end up living with the population that you have been supervising. That would be irony.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You should be fine. I was on a cycle of test e and dbol when I took my urine test and heard nothing. I did not have to take a poly though but I know some officers who had and they will ask you, "Have you used any illegal drugs in the past 5 years?"
    If you think roids are illegal then you will fail the question.

Marine2000 is offline Junior Member
    I can't imagine they would run a test for it off the bat but if your test levels come back high after your physical (assuming the run a full panel, which they probably will) I wouldn't be surprised if they test for it then.

Thread Information