Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

40mg Test Suspension a week

So I'm suffering from a small tare on one of the tendons around my tricep(Worst most annoying injury). The docs giving me injections of Test Suspension 40mg to speed up the recovery, I guess. I watch him when he does it and know exactly where his injecting me, basically at the bottom of the tricep.

My questions.

Has anyone used Test S for injurys such as this and what have your results been also dosages higher than 40mg?? I know it's something that takes time to heal but it's been a while already with no training and I just want to get back into it...

As long as Iv got my own Test S (pharm grade) is there any reason I can't just do my own injections when I'm feeling the pain instead of paying the $$$ amount everytime I go and see him??

Bump! No one had injuries that have used this??

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    With injuries like that bro.Time is the answer.Listen to the Doc.Beacuse if you rush it.You stand the chance of doing more damage or prolong recovery.A shot isntthe go ahead sign.

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    No experience with injuries but i would just do it myself... im a tight wad though, not to mention the doc takes away from other things i could be doing.. 5 min injection g2g didn't leave the homestead...

If you are so sure of your ideea why are you asking for our consent ?
    If you think you are up to it do it, but be ready to suffer de repercusions(if any) of doing them yourself. If your not sure of yourself better play it safe and leave it to the doc.

Life is a line of choices, live up to the ones you take and dont regret the ones you didnt.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your doc is an idiot. Testosterone is not going to speed recovery in an injured tendon. Anavar would help, as would HGH and any related peptides.

RoidReaper is offline Member
    They still prescribe test suspension?

mongrol is offline New Member
    Never had a situation like that but am wondering what the prescription costs?

Quote Originally Posted by mongrol View Post
    Never had a situation like that but am wondering what the prescription costs?
    Thatd be badass lol. Suspension script.

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Your doc is an idiot. Testosterone is not going to speed recovery in an injured tendon. Anavar would help, as would HGH and any related peptides.
    What do you think lifting is? It's a stress "injury." The muscle literally rips when you lift and test helps it repair far faster than normal.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I don't know anything about the Test, but I can say to take your time and don't rush your recovery. Good luck.

hold up!!! ^^^^
    Connective tissues are fibrous tissues. They are made up of cells separated by non-living material, which is called extracellular matrix. Connective tissue gives shape to organs and holds them in place. Both blood and bone are examples of connective tissue. As the name implies, connective tissue serves a "connecting" function. It supports and binds other tissues. Unlike epithelial tissue, connective tissue typically has cells scattered throughout an extracellular matrix.
    Muscle cells form the active contractile tissue of the body known as muscle tissue. Muscle tissue functions to produce force and cause motion, either locomotion or movement within internal organs. Muscle tissue is separated into three distinct categories: visceral or smooth muscle, which is found in the inner linings of organs; skeletal muscle, in which is found attached to bone providing for gross movement; and cardiac muscle which is found in the heart, allowing it to contract and pump blood throughout an organism.
    you see differnt tissues have different functions and different make up other wise we wouls all be one big bicep lol or i would lol... different tissues are stimulated by different hormones that induce growth!!
    your welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclehard View Post
    What do you think lifting is? It's a stress "injury." The muscle literally rips when you lift and test helps it repair far faster than normal.
    As Cantbetouched just explained, testosterone only helps rebuild muscle. It does not increase collagen synthesis, only protein synthesis.

^^ Uhh sorry to burst your bubble brosef.

But im sure if someone has a hurt tendon with low test and person B has a hurt tendon with high test levels.... person B is going to heal faster..

Just sayin

But im sure if someone has a hurt tendon with low test and person B has a hurt tendon with high test levels.... person B is going to heal faster..

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by RoidReaper View Post

Just sayin
    Wrong. Supraphysiological test levels decrease collagen synthesis. And I have no idea what effect low test levels have on it (not that it matters, since the OP doesn't have low T)
    Either way, test won't do shit unless it is a muscle injury.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-06-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Thatd be badass lol. Suspension script.
    are you shocked that they prescribe test.. i wouldn't be happy with susp script for hrt i would waqnt a long ester not an 8 hour shot...talk aboout mood swings...

Quote Originally Posted by cantbetouched View Post
    are you shocked that they prescribe test.. i wouldn't be happy with susp script for hrt i would waqnt a long ester not an 8 hour shot...talk aboout mood swings...
    Im shocked they prescribed test suspension. not test itself.

Wrong. Supraphysiological test levels decrease collagen synthesis. And I have no idea what effect low test levels have on it (not that it matters, since the OP doesn't have low T)
    Either way, test won't do shit unless it is a muscle injury.
    Really? My joints feel better on test. Guess i might have test that converts to var..... rofl..

Really? My joints feel better on test. Guess i might have test that converts to var..... rofl..
    Test often helps joints in the short run because it increases estrogen, which is good for joint lubrication (you know, since AIs cause joint pain and dryness). But that has nothing to do with collagen synthesis and injury healing.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    U might wanna talkt o ur doc about using GH instead of test susp.

or even IGF. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2004/0063629.html about using IGF, its a load but its also a patent so it has alot of info

I cant remember but there is a actual name for using testosterone to heal injuries. It does help, it doenst only stimulate muscle growth factors, but other factors as well.

**yea thats gonna bug me i cant figure it out.. but basically what it does is keep the test/cortisol ratios even or more in test's favor. Cortisol decreases collagen synthesis and its in balance w/ testosterone.
    but test susp boosts IGF which is great at collagen systhesis, so its not necessarily the test doing the healing, its keeping the test/cortisol levels at a managable level. thats why test susp and local injection. That area will have more test than cortisol so it would slow the effects of cortisol
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 06-06-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Articles please??
    i wish i could just walk in to my docs office and say i dont want the test anymore i want gh... and then i want my insurence to pay for it not so easy, also bringing up all of those anabolic substances to your doc... can you say red flag!!!

Actually the first injection he used cortazone, which I'm really not to familiar with. But by the second time I went back he said there was a shortage of it so he decided on test suspension and told me it was similar. Not sure on the truth of that but am trying to read up on it now.

Could u explain to me a bit more how anavar could be used in my case to help with recovery?

Thanks

They still prescribe test suspension?
    Yes they pescribe it and I about 200mg of Test S for $9 Australian dollars on a health care card.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A shortage of cortisone? Now that sounds strange... I think you should go see a sports medical doctor and not a GP

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post

or even IGF. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2004/0063629.html about using IGF, its a load but its also a patent so it has alot of info

I cant remember but there is a actual name for using testosterone to heal injuries. It does help, it doenst only stimulate muscle growth factors, but other factors as well.

**yea thats gonna bug me i cant figure it out.. but basically what it does is keep the test/cortisol ratios even or more in test's favor. Cortisol decreases collagen synthesis and its in balance w/ testosterone.
    but test susp boosts IGF which is great at collagen systhesis, so its not necessarily the test doing the healing, its keeping the test/cortisol levels at a managable level. thats why test susp and local injection. That area will have more test than cortisol so it would slow the effects of cortisol
    So what your saying is that in a round about way that test susp injections will help heal my injury?

I dont see how the 2 are similar in any way shape or form.Get a new Doc.

So what your saying is that in a round about way that test susp injections will help heal my injury?

Bro I cant see how they would.I have had Rotorcuff surgery my bicep tendon cut off on the end.Do to it being shredded.I have had phycial therpy for 18 mos.I still have pain.They finally found 3 bulging discs in my neck.The only thing that has helped with the pain.Was npp.And that was just the pain in my arms.I used eth suspenion.No help but why would it.I never thought it would.I tryed the npp so I could do arm curls again without pain.Worked until I did hammers.Now my doc is going to give me Cortisal shots.3 over 3 months.

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Listen to what Bonaparte has said he always gives good advise (can somtimes be a bit harsh) but he knows what he's talking about. As for test, from what I know it will do nothing for your problem, as has already been said by Bonaparte.
    I was offered Cortisone injections for a tendon problem in my forearms by my Doctor. A pro bbuilder and personal trainer advised me against it as it's only a short term fix and can actually weaken tendons. Read up on how Cortizone works before you do it. The idea is that it works the opposite to an anabolic steroid and eats away damaged tissue. Some people suggest it can also eat away at good tissue also. Not worth it imo.

Blog Entries
    testosterone does more than just grow muscles, it starts a cascade of growth factors that help stimulate growth in places other than muscle. The reason for test susp injection is to keep the T/cortisol ratios more towards T because as its been said above, cortizone actually slows healing and collagen systhesis, but it helps reduce inflammation so theres better blood supply towards the area. Susp can be used as moreof a 'spot' treatment of test cuz of no ester. the spike wouldnt be much to grow like u would on a cycle, but it would help stimulate healing through activation of other factors. So yes in a roundabout way, Test susup does help healing, but its by going at the other end of the T/cortisol ratio. Its all about balance with steroids .

test stimulates additional IGF to be released along with GH which both increase collagen synthesis.

and its a tricep injury, there is much more muscle involved than a rotator cuff tear. Rotator cuff muscles arent a strength muscle, but more of stabilizers, so additional growth and strength is much harder to increase in these muscles. Thats why its all static exercises, or light weights for RC. You cant put mass nor extreme strain on those muscles like you can on a tricep.
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 06-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Buy HGH if you want your joints to be actually healed.

I found EQ does the job well for joints.

NO do NOT buy hgh to heal your joints!!! just rest!!! I hate it when people tell people yea go buy this supplement or take this drug or hormone and your healed. this is why antibiotics are failing in this world ppl want a cure overnight... why not let the body be natural and work!! and btw roidreaper by the time hgh kicks in i bet he would be healed natty anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by cantbetouched View Post
    NO do NOT buy hgh to heal your joints!!! just rest!!! I hate it when people tell people yea go buy this supplement or take this drug or hormone and your healed. this is why antibiotics are failing in this world ppl want a cure overnight... why not let the body be natural and work!! and btw roidreaper by the time hgh kicks in i bet he would be healed natty anyway...

Iv just had two months off the gym, zero lifting... Was advised by the doc that I could return to the gym but just light. Did so and second week in started feeling the pain again. Most disappointing feeling! Iv had an ultra sound but the doc said if the pain comes back I have to get an MRI. So next week I am booked in. Iv heard good things about hgh and growth being used for recovery in certin injuries. So il discuss that with my doc.

I do have a pretty decent sports medicine doctor. But stopped seeing him and went to the cheaper doctor. He is the one who told me I could use the test S instead. Clearly from hearing from you guys he was wrong. So after I get the MRI il b heading back to the sports medicine doc.

Like I said Iv rested it for a while, and it is a lot better but I just want to starry training again!

Man you shoulda said this btw dont waist your efort on gh really just rest you work out while gh is hlping your just tearing more than is being repaird gh is NOTHING like aas not even close...
    Now that we can see you got a slapstick doc whos already pumping you up leagally my dude milk this one!!!id tellem im tierd of coimng in everyday and ask for shots of E or cyp then say your ging on vaca and wanna do it your self or pick up a script wan bam got a script of test insurence covered!! i think i just came... lol

Blog Entries
    no the doc was not wrong, he was using a different theory. The test suspension helps keep cortisol under control, which has been said that lowers collagen systhesis. Test susp increases IGF which is a potent growth factor for collagen and connective tissue.
    yea he def used slack terminology but how did he know that u would double check it here on a open forum. Yes his explanations were def a blow off one, but dont blow off the knowledge of what hes doing. Yall who say docs dont know squat, really dont understand all the different players IMO and rush to disclaim what is being done jus cuz you dont agree.

yes supraphysiological test does suppress recovery, but hes not doing a cycle. Its test susp, its there to keep cortisol under control. the anabolic /androgenic effects would be minimized cuz of its susp and would be treated like a test spike in the body and quickly rebalance.

HGH would speed up recovery, but is it necessary? i doubt it. If it was you would be having much more intensive recovery period w/ therapy, etc...

oh and good shot out about antibiotics, but missin a key part there... people dont finish their antibiotic regiment, so the ones that live become more resistant to the antibiotic, then w/ bacteria sex is how u get MRSA

no the doc was not wrong, he was using a different theory. The test suspension helps keep cortisol under control, which has been said that lowers collagen systhesis. Test susp increases IGF which is a potent growth factor for collagen and connective tissue.
    yea he def used slack terminology but how did he know that u would double check it here on a open forum. Yes his explanations were def a blow off one, but dont blow off the knowledge of what hes doing. Yall who say docs dont know squat, really dont understand all the different players IMO and rush to disclaim what is being done jus cuz you dont agree.

yes supraphysiological test does suppress recovery, but hes not doing a cycle. Its test susp, its there to keep cortisol under control. the anabolic /androgenic effects would be minimized cuz of its susp and would be treated like a test spike in the body and quickly rebalance.

HGH would speed up recovery, but is it necessary? i doubt it. If it was you would be having much more intensive recovery period w/ therapy, etc...

oh and good shot out about antibiotics, but missin a key part there... people dont finish their antibiotic regiment, so the ones that live become more resistant to the antibiotic, then w/ bacteria sex is how u get MRSA
    First of all I'd like to say I appreciate your comments because you always explain your responses really well. We need more people like you here.

But just one question. When u say a more intensive recovery period with therapy. How exactly?

Blog Entries
    if it was more severe of a tear, you would be in rehab w/ therapy, ultrasound, surgical repair...

from what i gathered its more of a annoying tear but not really disruptive for daily life (minus heavy weight training, but thats not considered 'daily life') so if u had to, you could still function just konw that u cant lift real heavy stuff.

if it was more severe of a tear, you would be in rehab w/ therapy, ultrasound, surgical repair...

from what i gathered its more of a annoying tear but not really disruptive for daily life (minus heavy weight training, but thats not considered 'daily life') so if u had to, you could still function just konw that u cant lift real heavy stuff.
    Yeah what your saying is 100% correct! And I know I can't lift heavy. The point is I want to get back to lifting heavy. Desperatly! And Iv rested it for two months straight. So I think the MRI is the next step. But I was trying to work out if there was anything else I could do to speed up the recovery... ie the test susp injections?

Blog Entries
    All the MRI will show is if u need surgery. Untill then all u can do is wait and be healthy otherwise. General health is the biggest player to recovery time.

then u gotta decide if u want surgery, to just be able to lift heavy is a *IMO* a weak reason to go under the knife...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information