Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scholls22 is offline New Member

Depo Testosterone

Sorry, I did not know where else to go with this question...

I do not know a whole lot about working out. I usually just toy around with Insanity, P90X or jog/cardio. I went to the Doc last week due to drowsiness and he performed a hormone test on me and my testosterone level was low. I got an injection of Depo Testosterone (400mg) and I will got back twice more over the next month and then be re evaluated.

My question is this. If I don't do any type of working out, will I gain weight? I have been doing a lot of cardio over the last two weeks and trying to get back into P90X. Will that small of a dose cause any minor gains if I do work out? Should I stay on in longer if given the option?

Thanks for everyone's help!

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm confused did the doc tell u that testosterone replacement therapy is for life or are you under the impression this is something that will return your natural test levels to normal after a couple of shots.
    as far as gaining weight if you were to be injected with the same 400mgs 1x p/w for the next couple of weeks i think you would experiance water weight.
    what are your stats
    height
    bf%

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like he thinks its a temporary solution...

No, I am only on this for a few weeks and then I will be retested in six weeks. If needed then I guess it will continue for a short period and then retest. I'm 32 years old, 6'2 210 and don't have a clue about the bf%. But I'm sure it's not where it should be LOL.

dude its for life, don't let the doc f with your hormones by inconsistently injecting you with testosterone . visit the hormone replacement therapy section on this board and read...
    what were your test levels free test and total test.
    losing weight and diet and trying to be stress free can increase your test production.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    dude its for life, don't let the doc f with your hormones by inconsistently injecting you with testosterone . visit the hormone replacement therapy section on this board and read...
    what were your test levels free test and total test.
    losing weight and diet and trying to be stress free can increase your test production.
    I was told that the normal range is between 100(something) and 800 (something).. My level was a low 300.

What do you mean its for life? There was only one test done. I think he was mostly concerned about my overall symptomps. I was gaining weight and doing cardio everyday. I was falling asleep in the morning, afternoon, while at work, while driving, etc. I guess thats why he tested the hormone levels.

I have been busting my ass trying to lose weight.

The free testosterone level is the one thats important, although 300 isnt great for free test. are u see a gp or an endo

The free testosterone level is the one thats important, although 300 isnt great for free test. are u see a gp or an endo
    ???? Is there a way to send you a PM?

Gucks is offline Member
    how is your diet..? extreme fatigue could be down to u pushing urself to hard and not geting enough calories. dont try and loose weight to quickly, it just wont be worth it.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scholls22 View Post
    clikc on his name and it pops up.

you need 50 posts first...

can you clarify "are u see a gp or an endo"

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow are you sure your doc didnt get his phd off the internet or maybe you didnt understand him.

By you using for a couple of weeks all it will do at best is raise you up to normal temporarily, 2 weeks+ then it will shut you down even harder because by this time you body has stopped producing any test due to detecting the supplemented testosterone and you will need a way to trick your body into starting again. Your body wont be producing more, it will produce less/non once you start using test even for a short time. Many of us here such as myself have been on HRT for years due to low (300) test. Now if he gave you something like HCG to kick start you instead of testosterone that may work.

You should consider seeing and Endocrinologist instead of a GP. It's very common most doctors know nothing or very little about Testosterone. Read some of the sticky notes at the top of this forum.
    http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...ative-Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Wow are you sure your doc didnt get his phd off the internet or maybe you didnt understand him.

By you using for a couple of weeks all it will do at best is raise you up to normal temporarily, 2 weeks+ then it will shut you down even harder because by this time you body has stopped producing any test due to detecting the supplemented testosterone and you will need a way to trick your body into starting again. Your body wont be producing more, it will produce less/non once you start using test even for a short time. Many of us here such as myself have been on HRT for years due to low (300) test. Now if he gave you something like HCG to kick start you instead of testosterone that may work.

You should consider seeing and Endocrinologist instead of a GP. It's very common most doctors know nothing or very little about Testosterone. Read some of the sticky notes at the top of this forum.
    http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...ative-Medicine
    WTF.......It was definitely Depo Testosterone. I was given 400mg. So am I screwed for the rest of my life now? Where should I go from here? Should I just not take the second dose in two weeks?

So am I going to start gaining weight now? Will working out do anything with this Depo injection that I would not have seen without?

all i can say is wow...Im a little freaked out now...

Dont freak out many guys see this as a new lease on life, i mean you'll get your energy back, your labido will increase and with proper diet and exercise you will lose the weight and maybe build some muscle. im thinking about going on myself

Dont freak out many guys see this as a new lease on life, i mean you'll get your energy back, your labido will increase and with proper diet and exercise you will lose the weight and maybe build some muscle. im thinking about going on myself
    So is the doctor more than likely going to see a boost in my test results and then take me off without realizing that I need to be on it "forever"?

Is this little bit that I did yesterday going to START giving me results now or will I just gain weight?

slow down and breath, first off your not going to stay on 400mgs pw if the doc knows what he is doing he will be able to dose you so your test levels are probably gonna be between 600-800. yes trt is for life meaning if you stop taking it your naturall test levels could and probably will return lower than they are now and all your symptoms will return and could be worse. if your doc tells you differently, find a new doc.

You really need to find out more details from your doctor. If as you suggested that his plan is to inject you a couple time then STOP it's wrong. He is treating you like a lab rat but all the studies have been done so he should know what to expect. You dont take it for a month and then stop expecting anything to be better. You will feel better at first from the testosterone boost then you will feel worse than now after it wears off because your natural test will be shut down. Hopefully it wont take long to start up itself or he will give you something like HCG to get it going again but he should make sure this is clear before you even start so you have a roller coaster ride and you will just get back up to normal and stay there.

If your doctor says he does not know or we will just see what happens I would find an Endocrinologist quickly so you have someone who knows what they are doing.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow what a thread, Maybe the doc wants to diagnose whether the sleeping while driving ( this can be fatal guys..) is being caused by the low test or another problem all together? Remember recovering from a single case of temporary test substitution is easy, recovering from hitting a phone poll is not. All the time we do either one or many "cycle/cycles" to gain body mass ( Note to scholl22, this means taking a large dose of testosterone for 8-12 wks) and run a PCT and recover our natural Test levels just fine. All of a sudden a doctor prescribes Test for a month or two and we got this guy thinking he is going to turn into a 12 yr old girl.

Honestly its not uncommon for doctors to prescribe meds without explaining all the reasons, side effects, possible problems etc. The reason being, often this would take far more time than the insurance company will pay them for the treatment. This said I would ask the doctor what his plans are past these few shots of testosterone (which do not present a large threat to your test production and overall health) to ensure that he has one. However everyone jumping on and assuming this guy has no idea what he is doing is a normal internet BB reaction, while we may know a fair amount about hormone replacement the doc has to find out why this guy is falling asleep while driving so we may be jumping the gun by assuming he has no idea what he is doing prescribing test short term.

PS agreed with what Lovbyts posted while I was typing, he may have a good plan he may not, also keep in mind he may plan to allow for a natural recovery, while he may employ HCG (for "PCT" or Post Cycle Therapy ) using Serms like we do would open him up to possible law suits so this is probably not in his plans and on a single multishot episode recovery will be a breeze.

I'm going to put a call into the Dr right now and see what he says about future plans and see if I can get all of the results emailed to me. Anything else stand out that I should ask him?

I'm still waiting for the doc to call back. Since we're all friends now LOL, what do I need to be doing? Is this dose going to help me get stronger or is it not taken close enough to do anything?

It takes weeks of high doses of steroids before you notice any effects in stength, although your labido may increase in as little as 2 weeks..

Okay, he just called back and this is the deal. My levels were low so I'm on this 400mg for 6 weeks. On the 6th week I'll be retested. If it's still low then I'll continue for six
    Months and be retested. If still low I'll take a break for 3 months and then of still get a low test it may be indefinitely. His hope is that this will jumpstart my own production. I was told that since it's pharmaceutical grade I don't have to worry about that much.

i dont like it, the numbers are gonna be false if he runs blood after the 6 weeks without waiting fo your body to recover..

I was told that I have nothing to worry about. There is nothing that I can do on my own to help raise the number other than work out and diet.

Also, how long does this stuff take to get in my system? When will I feel all of this extra energy?

Agreed with MBMETC, I don't like it.

I would seek a second opinion before proceeding further, an endocrinologist would be a much better choice for this kind of thing. I take back everything in my earlier reply LOL. This guy has to be a general practitioner and he is way out of his area of practice and although a GP is not the most knowlegable for this sort of thing this guy must have been reading over shoulders a lot in med school. The fact that he says he plans to continue the treatment for 6 months and thinks that this may jumpstart your system ( not to mention the comment about since its pharma grade you don't have to worry..... like pharma grade has different properties LOL) clearly states he has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

Taking exogenous Testosterone for 6 plus months makes the likelyhood of full recovery poor at best, and you would then be looking at injections for the rest of your life. Seek another opinion (don't even mention this guy to the other doc unless you have to, as physicians are bound by principle to protect each other) and do not go back to this guy.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 06-07-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, the downside is that your doc doesn't seem to have a good plan for you, nor is he giving you all the info.

But on the upside, it will be real easy to get him to prescribe you anabolic steroids (testosterone ) for life after he gets done completely messing up your HPTA function.

clutchking403 is offline Junior Member
    This an awesome thread

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Ffm, sorry i strongly disagree with your theory of test levels not returning back to full function when on cycle for excess of 6 months plus. Ive done a few loooooong cycles and have ended back to what i honestly feel is an absolute normal state. I will, however, agree that this could all change with being older in age. Luckily, i havent reached 30 just yet...not to brag.

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Ffm, sorry i strongly disagree with your theory of test levels not returning back to full function when on cycle for excess of 6 months plus. Ive done a few loooooong cycles and have ended back to what i honestly feel is an absolute normal state. I will, however, agree that this could all change with being older in age. Luckily, i havent reached 30 just yet...not to brag.
    6+ months will often be ok for someone who has a strong HPTA and uses HCG and SERMs, but this is not the case for the OP.

Okay, question time

1) Should I be doing anything now that I had the first injection? If I don't work out to some extent am I going to just retain water and gain weight?

2)I understand that it takes weeks of high dosage to notice any strength, but is the 400 mg every two weeks going to do anything physically for me?

3)How long does this stuff usually take to get in your system, where I'll notice things?

4) What would I notice first?

5) Is it too early to experience some affects as of now?

6) What happens (present and long term) if I just stay on the course I'm on now?

Okay, question time

1) Should I be doing anything now that I had the first injection? If I don't work out to some extent am I going to just retain water and gain weight?

Well, working out would be a good start.

2)I understand that it takes weeks of high dosage to notice any strength, but is the 400 mg every two weeks going to do anything physically for me?

Sure, your test levels will probably be higher than physiologically possible.

3)How long does this stuff usually take to get in your system, where I'll notice things?

It's in your system from the first hour, but it takes a few weeks to build up and really take effect.

4) What would I notice first?

Who knows? Maybe morning boners.

5) Is it too early to experience some affects as of now?

Think about it. Why would you even ask this question?

6) What happens (present and long term) if I just stay on the course I'm on now?

You'd just have really good test levels for the rest of your life. This is the whole idea behind TRT. What you choose to do with those high test levels is up to you.
    Replies in bold.

I agree, WOW. I also agree with everything Far From Massive had to say in regards to the doctor not having a good plan and Bonapate just above; not to say I dont agree with the others as well.

Besides the working out, fixing your diet the most obvious thing to do is start figuring out who to call for a 2nd opinion.

BTW Far From Massive, actually hitting a phone poll is not always that bad. I was a passenger talking to my friend who was driving when he fell asleep between sentences and we ran into a phone poll with the car set on cruise control at 55mph. Luckily it snapped off at ground level and 6ft above leaving the rest hanging by the wires. I still remember it clearly 100%. We walked away without a scratch. The car, 1970s Buick Wagon was not so lucky. We hit dead center probably saving our life and bounced off the shoulder back onto the hwy. Guess what? He did it again less than a month later hitting the telephone poll 3 past the other one, same thing, it snapped. Talk about lucky. Guess what he does now? He drives Semi. LOL BTW he has been diagnosed with Narcolepsy but I'm not sure what if anything he takes for it.

To the OP, do you also fall asleep easily around people even when you are not tired and you are hard to wake up? He was; we use to have fun putting him in compromising positions, marking on his face, etc back when we where kids being stupid kids as such. Have you always been like this or it's only something new?

There is NO way that when you test in 6 weeks after taking 400mg a week will your levels still be low only because you will have been replacing your natural testosterone with the synthetic. Ill bet your levels will come back around 1200 or more, I would be surprised if it's less since it's 2x the normal therapeutic dose and considered a low cycle dose.

Please continue to keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I agree, WOW. I also agree with everything Far From Massive had to say in regards to the doctor not having a good plan and Bonapate just above; not to say I dont agree with the others as well.

Besides the working out, fixing your diet the most obvious thing to do is start figuring out who to call for a 2nd opinion.

BTW Far From Massive, actually hitting a phone poll is not always that bad. I was a passenger talking to my friend who was driving when he fell asleep between sentences and we ran into a phone poll with the car set on cruise control at 55mph. Luckily it snapped off at ground level and 6ft above leaving the rest hanging by the wires. I still remember it clearly 100%. We walked away without a scratch. The car, 1970s Buick Wagon was not so lucky. We hit dead center probably saving our life and bounced off the shoulder back onto the hwy. Guess what? He did it again less than a month later hitting the telephone poll 3 past the other one, same thing, it snapped. Talk about lucky. Guess what he does now? He drives Semi. LOL BTW he has been diagnosed with Narcolepsy but I'm not sure what if anything he takes for it.

To the OP, do you also fall asleep easily around people even when you are not tired and you are hard to wake up? He was; we use to have fun putting him in compromising positions, marking on his face, etc back when we where kids being stupid kids as such. Have you always been like this or it's only something new?

There is NO way that when you test in 6 weeks after taking 400mg a week will your levels still be low only because you will have been replacing your natural testosterone with the synthetic. Ill bet your levels will come back around 1200 or more, I would be surprised if it's less since it's 2x the normal therapeutic dose and considered a low cycle dose.

Please continue to keep us updated.
    Its fairly new to me. Its more of just like a quick dozing off then all out sleep LOL. I had other symptoms also, I had a couple of unexplainable "dizzy spells", like I said earlier, I was gaining weight, however, eating healthy and doing some form of exercise.

I forgot to mention that he did test my thyroid. We just had our second child a month ago. The doc said that men's hormone levels can drop with a new baby in the house. And before its suggested, I'm not losing sleep because of the baby LOL....

Its fairly new to me. Its more of just like a quick dozing off then all out sleep LOL. I had other symptoms also, I had a couple of unexplainable "dizzy spells", like I said earlier, I was gaining weight, however, eating healthy and doing some form of exercise.

I forgot to mention that he did test my thyroid. We just had our second child a month ago. The doc said that men's hormone levels can drop with a new baby in the house. And before its suggested, I'm not losing sleep because of the baby LOL....
    No but now not only do you have the stress from one female but 9 months of a pregnant female + a baby now will screw up the best of us. LOL
    Good luck on figuring it out. I hope you doc isnt also learning due to mistakes he will/may make using you as a lab rat.

I just don't know what route to take. Part of me says trust in the doctor and see what happens and have more energy, get stronger, etc. The other part scares me about being on injections every two weeks for the rest of my life and whatever health concerns that may produce for me down the road.

Proper TRT for life is safer than low test for life.

I just don't know what route to take. Part of me says trust in the doctor and see what happens and have more energy, get stronger, etc. The other part scares me about being on injections every two weeks for the rest of my life and whatever health concerns that may produce for me down the road.
    Well not to worry you more but it wont be injection every 2 weeks. You will find that most of us here do it 1x a week to keep the blood levels equal. 1x every 2 weeks it to long and you will have ups and downs, another roller coaster ride. That's another red flag but not as bad as some. Some doctors say 1x a month. Those you need to RUN from. 1x every 2 weeks really is not a good idea and shows he is not very up to date on things and no it's not NEW new. I have been doing it for 3+ years now.

I still say you need to at the very least find an endocrinologist and get a 2nd opinion on what the doctor wants to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information