mindarchitect is offline New Member

Anavar - Oxandrolone Sides

Judging from the Oxandrolone profiles, the sides are claimed to be relatively mild. One concern is hair loss since I am susceptible. I successfully use 1mg/ed finasteride and have halted my hair loss. Has anyone with a history of hair loss cycled with this combination and did you notice any acceleration?

I've contemplated switching to a stronger drug like dutasteride during the cycle and then switching back to finasteride afterwards, just to be safer.

Other concerns are liver toxicity. Is 600mg/day silymarin from milk thistle enough for a say, 60mg/day 8week cycle? This anavar dose is slightly aggressive from the bulk of cycle logs I've read.

Blood lipid levels. Are drugs needed to combat this? I've read similar cycles with guys using only flax seed & fish oil and coming out with post blood work showing normal levels.

Testosterone recovery. Is something like T-Bol, Tribulus, ZMA adequate for PCT, or are more powerful drugs needed?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Can't help you with the hairloss issues: I've ran mast and winny together and never lost a hair.

Unless you have pre-existing liver issues, you will be fine on one cycle of var. You could just run a liver aid like milk thistle or liv52 after your cycle if you're concerned.

Lipids may slightly increase on cycle, but will return to normal post cycle. Again, nothing to worry about with Var if you're healthy.

I wouldn't use T-bol for PCT. Maybe that was a typo. Nolva will be enough.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    ^^^ Good advice

What are your stats?

I've never noticed any negative sides with anavar . I cycled 80mg/ed for 8 weeks. I was also on Test Prop.

clutchking403 is offline Junior Member
    How'd u like that cyc

Go Fast is offline New Member
    Do you need to take something post cycle with Anavar ? I did 8 weeks of liquid and never felt any ill effects on or off. Was going to try tablets at 50-80mg for 8 weeks next time.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Can't help you with the hairloss issues: I've ran mast and winny together and never lost a hair.

Unless you have pre-existing liver issues, you will be fine on one cycle of var. You could just run a liver aid like milk thistle or liv52 after your cycle if you're concerned.

Lipids may slightly increase on cycle, but will return to normal post cycle. Again, nothing to worry about with Var if you're healthy.

I wouldn't use T-bol for PCT. Maybe that was a typo. Nolva will be enough.
    1) Do you have a genetic predisposition to hair loss?
    2) Why do you recommend running the liver aid after the cycle as opposed to during?
    3) Not a typo. I'm referring to the Thermolife supplement. My understanding is that T-Bol is a natural testosterone booster . My hope is that something natural like or tribulus this would be preferable to Nolva, given it is adequate strength for Anavar PCT.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindarchitect View Post
    1) Do you have a genetic predisposition to hair loss?Nope

2) Why do you recommend running the liver aid after the cycle as opposed to during? Think of it as PCT for your liver.
    3) Not a typo. I'm referring to the Thermolife supplement. My understanding is that T-Bol is a natural testosterone booster . My hope is that something natural like or tribulus this would be preferable to Nolva, given it is adequate strength for Anavar PCT.You'd be better off using Nolva than a natural "test booster".
    ^Bolds above. Also, like Marcus asked, what are you stats: age, height, weight, body fat?

mani_bono is offline Associate Member
    I got amazing result with 4 weeks of 30mg anavar (8% fat loss, -3 inch size loss in waist, +40 lbs bench press, +60 lbs in Squat, amazing vascularity and muscle hardness ...) then I went into 45mg for next 3 weeks. My Experience and recommendations:

- I have a hair loss problem too and I didn't notice any change or increase during cycle
    - Don't make the mistake I made: DON'T GO FOR ANAVAR ONLY CYCLE AND USE AT LEAST MINIMUM TEST BESIDE in your cycle. I felt like shit on anavar only specially when i switched to 45 mg daily, it shut me down from week 3 and I started to experience all shitty feelings and complete loss of sex drive on it. (and I'm 27)
    - I had a clear skin before cycle but experienced acne and oily skin with anavar.
    - I think 60mg is too much since it will give you a hardness that will blow up your mind in first few weeks I was scared as hell since I was feeling like my veins are going to explode any minute. I would wake up in the morning with super hard and vascular body and I would feel i would get cramps if it was a little more than that! pumps were crazy during training ... so If you are a first timer on anavar start from lower doses and see the result + sides and then adjust the dosage.

So As you see it's not as mild as they say. it's pretty ****i*ng strong in my experience and 60mg is too much for a first timer!

Good luck mate!

What would you consider "MINIMUM TEST" as you suggest? Amount? Type?

bonosmate is offline New Member
    i done 80mg anavar for 6wks.....great strenght gains but that was about it. that was my first cycle...kind of regret not taking the advice of the forum on the test!!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its a rather mild oral AAS,,sides should by minimal to none.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    I ran 80mg/day and 50mg of tbol/day for 8 weeks last year with no sides and currently running it solo at 50 for 6 weeks and no problems.

but not to flame but to lose 8%bf in 4 weeks with 30mg/day does not sound possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
    What would you consider "MINIMUM TEST" as you suggest? Amount? Type?
    100mg of Test PROP EOD would be great, it's not minimum though!

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    I ran 80mg/day and 50mg of tbol/day for 8 weeks last year with no sides and currently running it solo at 50 for 6 weeks and no problems.

but not to flame but to lose 8%bf in 4 weeks with 30mg/day does not sound possible.
    I definitely lost 3 inches of waist size, I don't trust the BF Machine we have in Gym but it showed 15% before cycle and I think it was around week 4 or 5 that It showed 7%.
    I think var mainly helped me to keep muscles and stay strong and fat lost was all about cardio ( 6 times a week 35 minutes ) + diet.

and you are running 50mg ED solo and No loss of sex drive, shutdown, balls shrinkage?
    Last edited by mani_bono; 06-10-2011 at 12:40 AM.

nvm wrong post!
    Last edited by mani_bono; 06-10-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    ^Bolds above. Also, like Marcus asked, what are you stats: age, height, weight, body fat?
    It would help a lot more if you could elaborate on the motivations behind your answers. I'd rather understand the why than the what.

Stats: 28 yrs, 5'10, 180lbs, no idea what my bf is, I have visible bicep veins but also small love handles.

iwillsleepwhenidie is offline Junior Member

Sides

Be careful when I take over 60 Mg a day my legs cramp so bad I can't walk. Taurine helps but it is still bad. 40 Mg is my sweet spot pumped, vascular, and hard with no sides.

Question I can't quite get an answer to:
    31 yrs 6'4" 255 athlete bf 15%?

I have only ever run one cycle. It was Anavar only, made me stronger (which surprised me) no sides that I noticed. I would like to do it again but would like to run a low dose of test. I'm not looking for any huge strength or size gains with test. What I am looking for is help with recovery between training. Will a low dose of test with the Anavar help with muscle repair and recovery? Also will a low enough dose avoid "shutting down" my system? What is considered a low dose.

I'm looking for recovery, strength with no/limited weight gain.

Thx

Thread Information