nguadagno is offline Associate Member

Steroids and Highschool

This is more of an question for the members than a statement, was steroid use in your highschool as bad as it is for me?

im not sure if it was as bad as it now for you guys, but in some highschools (im from new jersey) kids 16-18 year olds, buy all sorts of PH's (mostly m-drol,h-drol, mass tabs) and take them for months at a time with no PCT, is this common to you guys or is this a shock?

my one friend goes to the rival high school i was in (in college now) and said that if you worked out and went to that school, you did steroids , is this an increasing problem or has this been that bad all the time?

same with college, but i guess thats more popular, my friends (steroid users) say that probably 80% (exaggeration probably) of the kids that work out in college and arent tiny, are using, what do you guys think about this?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by nguadagno View Post
    This is more of an question for the members than a statement, was steroid use in your highschool as bad as it is for me?

im not sure if it was as bad as it now for you guys, but in some highschools (im from new jersey) kids 16-18 year olds, buy all sorts of PH's (mostly m-drol,h-drol, mass tabs) and take them for months at a time with no PCT, is this common to you guys or is this a shock?

my one friend goes to the rival high school i was in (in college now) and said that if you worked out and went to that school, you did steroids , is this an increasing problem or has this been that bad all the time?

same with college, but i guess thats more popular, my friends (steroid users) say that probably 80% (exaggeration probably) of the kids that work out in college and arent tiny, are using, what do you guys think about this?
    I went to high school a while ago, there weren't nearly as many prohormones on the market. It wasn't that out of control either. It was rare at my school for people who weren't athletes to spend any serious time in the gym. Most kids were out trying to get drunk, high and laid with all their time outside of class. In fact, my wrestling team's varsity heavyweight was the only guy I can suspect to use any sort of steroid . It might have gone on more than I was aware of, because it wasn't something people talked about. I'm sure things have changed since then. That was in an upper middle class community in Southern California. I graduated in the late 90's too.

I think kids are being exposed to stuff like Jersey Shore and they're thinking that sort of thing is expected of them. So I wouldn't doubt that this is a growing problem.

its awful, me personally, i know hmmm, off the top of my head, probably 20 kids ages 16-19 i can name that have taken something in highschool just to get big fast

Nuzzi is offline Associate Member
    never really thought about it till now but thinking back im sure there was definately a few users in my school. not much though, but i know a few kids who were jacked and always said "ive never worked out" at the time i figured i was just a panzy. had to be something.

apacheman75 is offline Junior Member
    We didn't have PH's back then but I had several close friends using and I knew of others using and that was in the early 90's!

Pitcher is offline New Member
    Most dudes in school are taking something to give them the edge, ive seen guys at 16-18yrs old on steroids but they don't seem to understand how they work they just take em and wish for that film star look.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    but look at the increaseing rates of e.d..... I think i see the cooralation

Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    but look at the increaseing rates of e.d..... I think i see the cooralation
    yeah that is a good point, but yeah, these kids i talk to say "well i only took it for two weeks so theres no way it could of done any damage" im like your retarded theres a high possibility theres been damage, people dont understand what there messing with, my favorite though are the kids that work out for 2 months and then get on shit and think their getting big because they can pump out one lop sided rep of 225 without touching their chest and all of a sudden their arnold

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    ya I Think high school coaches should be more educatied on the subject of steroids and try to inform them or the "truth" behind roids and how an adjantage for a couple months isnt worth a liftime of hormonal struggles

awms is offline Senior Member
    We didnt have anyone on steroids that I knew off but there was a rumor that the star running back and a couple other guys were on sauce....prob wasnt true but he did seem to grow pretty quick over the summer lol but that was a long time ago! about 7-8 years ago so mabey things are diffrent.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    i graduated in '06 in pennsylvania. i was a tri-sport athlete, did football, wrestling, and track and field. steroid / prohormone use was very common, although i didn't use until college.. on the starting football roster of 22 for offense and defense, i would say that 3-4 had used them at least once and openly talked about it to each other. when i say used them once, it usually was some idiotic 6 week only dbol cycle with no pct.. some did used injectables, but again it was usually like a 10 week deca cycle with no pct. on the wrestling team, our heavy weight starter used to take methyl D1 like candy. not sure about our 215lb guy, but he wasn't very good. the best part is, on our track team all of the sprinters used them. and our 4x100 won first place states (AAA in the PIAA if you care to look up where I went to highschool.. lol). mostly winstrol oral only from what I heard. i was good friends with one or two of them

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I don't think any one did at my highschool. it was well before the days of ph though. i worked hard and gained 25-30lbs a year every year through highschool. we thought we were hardcore if we took creatine

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    That was like the mid to late 80's for me. I only knew of one guy who actually did dbol . The rest of us took nasty weider supplements and aminos.

bruary17 is offline Member
    In high school for me it was unheard of to use steroids . I graduated in 1996. (Wow, I'm getting old) And we were more into woods partys and getting hammered.

Gucks is offline Member
    i only finished secondary school (same as highschool) this yeat and i couldnt name a single person in my school who used roids. it was private school though and even though it was a big rugby school there wasnt really any guy that stood out as being huge. plenty of big guys and plenty of guys who trained hard but nothing outstanding. im sure plenty of them will use gear in college, some of them are idiots and basicly lived on supps thinking if was a good diet. i would be well above average in muscularity for my year, and i would consider myself skinny at only 186lbs.

Thread Information