funsize is offline New Member

The first cycle - on track or suggestions?

Stats:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 185lbs
    Bodyfat: Shitty gym scales said 17% (more on that later)

Background
    • Hit the gym on average 2-3 times a week for last 3 years
    • 6-8hrs of high intensity cardio (cycling, mountain climbing)
    • Guilty of not being at 100% of natural potential, but trained hard leading up to start of cycle
    • Did a full blood panel with local Endo before cycle, results back shortly

Diet:
    • Always ran a pretty clean diet... but still tweaking it, looking at 20% prot, 60% carb, 20% fat (all from good sources)
    • BMR: 1895
    • TDEE: 3600

Goals
    Goal 1: Repartition (despite the gym BF calculation, my weight is approaching the low I had when racing triathlon and was DEXA tested at 8% BF yet with more muscle - pretty comfortable this goal is done.

Goal 2: 15lbs in 8 weeks, as lean as possible before PCT.
    A more accurate BF measure (coming soon).

TheCycle:

Fortunately, there is a good supply in these parts and after reading hundreds of posts here on first cycles this is what I started today:

1. Test E, 200mg x 2 injections per week for 8 weeks (following Ronnie's guide)
    2. 2 x 10mg per day. Blue hearts Danabol (4 weeks)

Used a 23G 1.5, in the glutes... aspirate / check, 200ml / check... boner... check!! (fark..., is that normal?)

Couple of questions:
    1. During my workout today, 6hrs post first test E + danabol, I was finding my usual weights way too easy. Is it normal to feel extra strength so soon or am I trippin? Don't want to overdo it early and blow something out.
    2. Does that TDEE look right with my profile?
    3. Do the macros look ok for the goals?
    4. Anything I need to add, or anything I should be doing different?

pstacks is offline Associate Member
    You need to be really careful with this cycle man. A casual weight lifter of 2 times a week should not be using steroids . Dianabol is also not going to be ideal for your goal of dropping bodyfat. Your macros are also way out of line, you need to hit the diet forum. If you are really taking in double the calories of your bmr, you are going to add bodyfat no matter how good your macros are. 3500 calories = 1 pound so you are looking at approximately 30 pounds over this 8 week period. But most importantly, your body is definitely not ready to handle the huge strength gains you will get from this cycle and you run a very real risk of injury to joints, tendons, and/or ligaments. Lastly, Pct??

You should really rethink this cycle. At the very least, make some major adjustments.

funsize is offline New Member
    Thanks pstacks. Want to clarify some things though:

With gym time pre-cycle, though 2 times a week was average over last 3 years, for the last 9 months, have been hitting hard at 3-4 sessions a week + MMA training.
    The high calorie intake is due to the cardio. 6+ hours of high intensity road bike per week. If I don't eat enough to cover BMR + exercise, all the posts I've read suggest I will lose muscle. Isnt this true? I know so much cardio complicates things - but im hooked on it (one thing I might need to do here is get hyper accurate on calorie burn for the calorie burn during rides. A power meter will do the trick).
    For PCT, planning on 20mg nolva for 4 weeks and prov (researching dosage etc) and vitamin C for cortisol control. As the cycle is fairly short, hope HCG wont be needed, but have that on hand to keep the nads online.
    Might not have been clear, but the recomp results were good pre-cycle. Having been DEXA tested previously at 8% BF and comparing weight and visible composition, I'm at around 12%. My trainer tells me I'm lower, but until I get another DEXA this is all I have to go on. What's certain is those body comp scales were wrong... thats not uncommon.

Still the same concerns with this additional info?
    Last edited by funsize; 06-09-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: High calorie edits

pstacks is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by funsize View Post
    Thanks pstacks. Want to clarify some things though:

With gym time pre-cycle, though 2 times a week was average over last 3 years, for the last 9 months, have been hitting hard at 3-4 sessions a week + MMA training.
    The high calorie intake is due to the cardio. 6+ hours of high intensity road bike per week. If I don't eat enough to cover BMR + exercise, all the posts I've read suggest I will lose muscle. Isnt this true? I know so much cardio complicates things - but im hooked on it (one thing I might need to do here is get hyper accurate on calorie burn for the calorie burn during rides. A power meter will do the trick).
    For PCT, planning on 20mg nolva for 4 weeks and prov (researching dosage etc) and vitamin C for cortisol control. As the cycle is fairly short, hope HCG wont be needed, but have that on hand to keep the nads online.
    Might not have been clear, but the recomp results were good pre-cycle. Having been DEXA tested previously at 8% BF and comparing weight and visible composition, I'm at around 12%. My trainer tells me I'm lower, but until I get another DEXA this is all I have to go on. What's certain is those body comp scales were wrong... thats not uncommon.

Still the same concerns with this additional info?
    You're right about the tdee and bmr, I misread that so I apologize. If you calculated your tdee at 3600, you would need to eat a little over 4500 to gain 15 pounds from this cycle. You do need to seriously adjust your macros, 20% fat isn't bad but you need much more than that in protein. For my lean bulk, I did 50/35/15. Everyone is different though, so you will need to find what works best for you. I didn't do nearly as much cardio, so it would probably be a good idea to bring that to the diet forum and see what the experts think.

My pct experience is with nolva clomid and nolva but I'm sure if you are taking swiftos advice you are in good shape. Hcg isn't necessary, but I would add it in since you already have it. It would really make recovery a lot easier.
    Last edited by pstacks; 06-10-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Thread Information