SilverTest is offline Senior Member

dopamine receptor regeneration HELP PLZ!

hey guys,

i went to my doctor after having symptoms of dopamine receptor downgrade from taking too much testosterone .

he told me that my receptors downgraded just like cocaine addicts etc..

does anyone have any information on this??? or experience??

how long until dopamine receptors regenerate? do they take a long time ??

please i am really desparate and seriously depressed about this i need my life

back, i am experiencing total anhedonia .

awms is offline Senior Member
    How long ago did you go off? give it time i always feel like shit for about 5-6 week post cycle but thats normal because your test is low and your estro is high. You just have to realize that you will feel this way and its not anything other than low test levels....as for dopamine I guess it could happen but I would think it would go back to normal as soon as your body starts making test again?

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    ya i didnt know gear effected dopamine receptors...is that true?

Dude, my last natural test bloodwork read as 1093 ng/dl, i have VERY high natural test levels, always did, i did hormone bloodwork for everything and it is excellent, my thyroid, my adrenals , my lipids everything is excellent and more than fine. my estrogen is excellent too .

Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    ya i didnt know gear effected dopamine receptors...is that true?
    testosterone raises dopamine as far as i know, too much testosterone will give you the high, u know the feeling when u r on. eventually they downgrade from too much dopamine and you would need more and more test to feel "normal", just like drug addiction believe it or not.

bump

iduno man honestly I would ask your doc....I have not heard of this happening to anyone eles in here but I know it is possible. did you take anything eles while on? clen ? eca stack? those can do the same and take time to recover from.

ephedrine is bad for this! I use eca stack for about 6 weeks and was up to about 100-140mg a day by the end...when I went off I felt horrible for like a month! never again!

there are a number of supplements you can take to re regulate you body and get it back on track...they work very well! alot of drug addicts are put them to get their brain back up and running like normal.

rhodiola rosea
    Ginseng
    St. John’s wort

These are all great! also stay away from stimulants because they will only drain your body more.

i tried panax ginseng but ANYTHING that increases dopaminergic neurotransmission (like ginseng) will give me a high for a VERY short time like for hours then i will crash really really bad and my prolactin spikes because my receptors become burned out and dont respond to dopamine.

Thread Information