Themanfromboston is offline New Member

Infected injection

On Wednesday I took my second injection of 1cc/week of sus in my left quad. Over the course of the next few days, the site became very sore, warm, and swollen. I had a slight fever of 99.4 for about two hours yesterday, and I decided this morning to go to urgent care. The doc gave me an injection of some serious antibiotics and prescribed amoxicillin 875 for the next couple 12 days. Ok, so here is my worry. The doc seemed interested in what I was saying, about it possibly being serious. But then he never mentioned anything about draining the area. How do I know if I have an abcess? I have never had an infection from pinning, so I am fairly green to the whole issue. I have inserted a pic to help. Please let me know, in your opinion, If you think I should go see another physician or do you think that I should wait a few days to see if it worsens? Also what would an abcess feel like? Size? Under skin or protruding from the skin? Any advice would be great!

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    kinda hard to tell from the pic, damn man shave thost legs, lol. From what you described that is a normal reaction. How big is the lump?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, might actually be a bad reaction to BA. Better playing it safe than sorry.

and shaving your legs is gay, you're good to keep your manhood in check :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
    Hmmm, might actually be a bad reaction to BA. Better playing it safe than sorry.
    Could be nothing. Shave the leg and take a pic from the side.

Well that is how I felt. For the redness to continue to spread, was a big flag. Accompanied with a slight fever and te skin being hot to the touch, obviously there was something wrong. I was worries that I might have bad batch of gear, but if that was the case, I probably would have had a problem with the first injection last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanfromboston View Post
    Well that is how I felt. For the redness to continue to spread, was a big flag. Accompanied with a slight fever and te skin being hot to the touch, obviously there was something wrong. I was worries that I might have bad batch of gear, but if that was the case, I probably would have had a problem with the first injection last week.
    I always get small red lumps that are warm to the touch after test injections. 99.4 is not a fever in most people, know what your normal is?

I'll ask the most important question again, how large is the lump?

Catch is offline Junior Member
    My leg looked exactly like that after my first pin of Sus in the quad. I thought my shit was going to fall off. It was f'n killing me. Although, I didn't have a lump. Did you say you had a lump? My leg was sore for a week and there was redness for a few days after that. 99.4* isn't bad. Are you on any thermogenics?

Gym is right, 99* isn't a fever.
    And I think he may just want to see your legs all smoothed over. I'm watching you gymfu...

My big worry was the possibility of cellulitis. That's serious s**t! So I am happy to have antibiotics running through me! The knot doesn't feel any bigger then normal. But because of the swelling, the whole area feels tough. So it is hard to distinguish how big the knot is. I use 23x1.5 pins, and inject a good 1.25 depth. So I know that it is a good pin. However, as methodical as I am about my procedure, pulling gear out of a sachet is a VERY easily contaminated step. I hope that it was just an issue with that one syringe. I don't believe it is the sauce itself that caused the infection.

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    I always get small red lumps that are warm to the touch after test injections. 99.4 is not a fever in most people, know what your normal is?

I'll ask the most important question again, how large is the lump?
    From what I can tell, there isn't a knot where I injected. Although there is a tougher, harder patch in the midway down the quad. The fever was enough to make me have chills. I am aware of how bad sus burns anyways, but this was a bit ridiculous. Now it just burns when I stand up from sitting for a while. I feel comfortable that the antibiotics will run there course and solve the issue. But just in case they don't, what symptoms should I be looking for to warrant worrying about an abcess or cellulitis?

ThE DarK KnighT is offline Junior Member
    That is a cause for concern. You should go see another physician, and get a second opinion. If he tells you that your fine, then all you have will have wasted was your time. But what if it is something that is more serious? Do you really want to risk it? This is your body we are talking about. Go look at what happened to Greg Valentino because he did not want to go to the doctor. He ended up in emergency surgery. Think about it.

Should I ice or heat the area? Or both? Or neither? My white cell count was great, so I'm not being attacked by bacteria, but on the other hand, heat can help bacteria harvest. Your thoughts?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    this may be more common than what I was thinking. had a similar situation even now. not my gear, same stuff i've been using for 6 months, same batch. but I got ill. since then, within a day, the injection site will devellop a lump, get red, swell, and had me seriously worried. but confident i adhered to sterile injection procedures, and it wasn't my gear, took a chance thinking it was just some kind of reaction. within 2 weeks, it is 90% gone. i'm still pinning, and the reaction continues, but not so serious. switched from IM to SubQ for now and that seems to help.

My humble opinion, sometimes, your body just reacts to the foreign substance you inject. Mine was probably due to my illness (it was a humdinger.... I know, technical term). So continue to seek medical advice, but just in the back of your mind, just remember I had similar symptoms that cleared up. It was NOT an infection, nor an absess, in my case.

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Question... is this common with sust or just what he happened to be using when this happened? Wondering because my friend has some on order and never used it before.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    With UGL gear sometimes the OE is absorbed and the gear is still left inside the injection site unabsorbed, meaning the Oil the gear is suspended in is absorbed faster than the gear causing irritation. I get this 2 times a week. Also could be a higher BA content thats giving you this reaction.

Try to get some Ethyl Oleate to mix in the syringe with your gear and it will reduce irritatin.

So far, so good

Hitting the 24 hour mark since the antibiotic injection. Woke this morning with very little redness or swelling. The antibiotics seem to be running their course effectively. However, my thigh is itching SO bad! I'm assuming that this is normal. I'll update as the cycle continues. Thank you very much your help. This while thing just freaked me out!

Jonas1971 is offline New Member

I am going though it also

I have a lump in my ass from my last pin 3 days ago. I put a heat pad on it at night and the wife massages it, I had no reaction, I just went with a smaller needle in my ass and pinned myself and did not go far enough. It is score a bit and I think this is due to my wife talking to me last night about why i look at other woman. Not a good time for that conversation as she is massaging my pinned swollen ass :-)

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    yea ur fine... he gave u amoxicillin, just continue it and dont stop it early

hope ur gear is sterile and it was a freak accident

Quote Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
    Gym is right, 99* isn't a fever.
    And I think he may just want to see your legs all smoothed over. I'm watching you gymfu...
    What a jerk, lol. Let me educate you, if your proud of you legs you shave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    My leg looked exactly like that after my first pin of Sus in the quad. I thought my shit was going to fall off. It was f'n killing me. Although, I didn't have a lump. Did you say you had a lump? My leg was sore for a week and there was redness for a few days after that. 99.4* isn't bad. Are you on any thermogenics?
    Test injections hurt, all part of the gig dude. And no 99.4 in not a fever. 98.7 is considered to be the average normal tempature, your not even one degree higher, that's not a fever.

Is the first time you have pinned your quads? I'd be willing to bet there is nothing wrong with you, other than your over reacting. No offence but your legs look under developed, is this your first cycle? How old are you?

ThE DarK KnighT is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Test injections hurt, all part of the gig dude. And no 99.4 in not a fever. 98.7 is considered to be the average normal tempature, your not even one degree higher, that's not a fever.

Is the first time you have pinned your quads? I'd be willing to bet there is nothing wrong with you, other than your over reacting. No offence but your legs look under developed, is this your first cycle? How old are you?
    Test Prop will especially hurt. Especially pinning ED. Prop can be more painfullm than Winnie, but you will not get the joint soreness and stiffness that that comes with Winnie.

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    I've got the same thing going on in my delt but it's not getting any worse so I think it'll fade with time. But what are you doing to work your legs??

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Forget about shaving your legs, nice tan, natural? Now get into the gym and start working those chicken legs, you need some meat on them bones.... Time to start doing some squats, press, extensions. I think you have been skipping leg day.

What antibiotic were you prescribed?

Good Christ! Lay off me! Lol yes, I havent been drilling legs as much as I should. Usually light weight, high reps. I'm 25, 6'3, 256lbs. This is my first cycle since college. Just my personal opinion, but doing HEAVY, HEAVY weight is not the answer being in shape. In fact, just the opposite. I work hard and play ball frequently. Yes, the legs need some encouragement, but they haul my ass around well! Thanks for the encouragement and support gentlemen.

justify is offline New Member
    Hi there Themanfromboston. Are your legs okay now? Please update us.

Legs are everything. They are your foundation. Then back and core.

What were you prescribed? Curious.

As of today, there is very little redness on my leg. It itches still quite a bit, I assume that is the antibiotics doing their job. Never the less, all seems to be back to normal and I continued my injections last night. Thanks for the help!!

Thread Information