PitMaster is offline Associate Member

Question AAS Cycle Help Heal Injury & Make gains Carefully?

I have a serious spinal injury, tried lots of things(pt,Injections,Meds)No Surgery. I have sustanon 250 and dbol ready to go and I'm itchin(first cycle). Supplements on hand, pct's coming. I have to alter my training, squats even light put my ass down these last 4 weeks. Will lunges, even light weight give me gains? I can do these so far. Runnin Sust and Dbol same time for 4 weeks, light cycle. Took the advice of a sample stack for Newbs. Maybe I'm expecting too much, I also have altered diet dramatically. Any thoughts, this injury is 4 yrs. old and I am making progress. Not like I got hurt last week just need big changes, sometimes requires big actions.

oops

I also meant to ask will doing the cycle that I have chosen aid in the recovery of an injury even if I didn't train. I am training best I can.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You will neither gain a significant amount of lean muscle nor will you be able to keep it with a 4 week Sustanon and DBol cycle.

However, you will most certainly loose the X amount of new muscle tissue your body was able to build during those 4 weeks.

Whether you should do a PCT after 4 weeks of AAS use will also come up as a debatable issue, possibly leading to uncertainty.

FYI, AAS will not magically heal your spinal injury either. You will gain some strength during the cycle, which will diminish as soon as a week or two after your last Sustanon injection.

To make the long conversation short, 0 + 0 = 0

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldnt do it. I have also had back issues. Back surgery in 2005 after living with L3 & L4 herniated and getting worse for 20 years. GREAT relief after surgery. 2007 L5/S1 ruptured. I should have been working out after 2005 but didnt. After 2007 surgery I knew it was get in shape or be in a wheel chair soon. I choose the gym. You can gain a LOT naturally. Using something like sust can also give you a false sense of security and strength gains and you will hurt yourself again or worse.

If you can go without surgery then good. I had no choice. After 20 years I had gotten to were I could only walk or stand for 10 minutes max. After surgery on day one I could walk and stand over an hour. I just should have started walking and exercising more but didnt. The 2nd surgery I had no choice. I was paralyzed from the waste down for 10+ days until I had surgery and that fixed it 80% Working out has fixed it another 15% I will live with the 5% for now.

Go natural for at least the next year. I did and I am glad of it. I know I would have hurt myself. I did a lot of lunges with no weights at first, a lot of walking, toe raises and no weight squats. Then walking/running stairs and lunges with light weight and foreword into light weight lifting for almost a year. I lost about 60 lbs of fat in about 6 months by light exercise and changing my diet. I learned to eat 6x a day and the fat started melting away. I honestly got worried for a while I had something wrong I was loosing weight so fast. LOL

Big Kat is offline Junior Member
    First thing is exactly what is wrong with ur back? If its herniated discs there are exersices u can do to help but if the discs are ruptured or u have nerve impengment that may be different. I has surgery 4 years ago and thought is never be able to lift right again. Tried many times to train legs and just made it worse. For myself, low dose test, losing a ton of weight and training my core did the trick. Had to lose the wieght and strengthen my core to a rediculous level slowly before starting the test did the trick for me. Then leg presses, extentions, hamstring curls, and lunges with a belt and strict form high reps 12-15 with manageable weight to give the back time to adjust. After a year of clean diet and weight loss/core training I've been able to squat for the first time in many years pain free. Added the stuff later and it helped even more but I feel if I had used aas first I'd have ended up in a wheelchair. After doing all the work and getting pain free and in real shape, maybe stick with low dose test and a lean builder like anavar and or maybe a joint protector like deca at low doses could work. U need more strength in ur back and core and general fitness to get ur back conditioned and pain free before ANY bulking. The last thing u want is a lot more water weight for ur back to support before the support muscles are ready. Until u get ur back straight less weight on ur body with more strength is by far the most important thing. If ur back is messed up, more weight generally equals more pain. What's ur diagnosis?
    Last edited by Big Kat; 06-19-2011 at 08:37 AM.

I have responded to this but I'm not seeing why I can't see my last reply. Does the reply to thread take a while for someone to look over?
    Last edited by PitMaster; 06-19-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added question.

So this sample stack for beginners is pointless? Got it off bodybuildingpro
    TWO (2) SAMPLE STACKS FOR THE NEWBIE

Sample Stack #1

Weeks 1-10: 500mg Testosterone Enanthate WEEKLY

Nolvadex on hand in case of gyno.

Post Cycle Therapy

Clomid therapy three weeks after last sust350 shot ran as follows:

Day 1 - 300mg
    Day 2-11 - 100mg/day
    Day 12-21 - 50mg/day

Weeks 1-4: Sustanon 250 Shot either every other day (1/2 mL) or 1mL twice weekely on either Sunday / Wednesday or Monday / Thursday.

Weeks 1-4: Dbol (20-25mg)

Nolvadex on hand in case of gyno. Alternatively, you can run 10mg daily throughout your cycle.

Post Cycle Therapy

Clomid therapy three weeks after last sust350 shot ran as follows:

Day 1 - 300mg
    Day 2-11 - 100mg/day
    Day 12-21 - 50mg/day

Let me try this again. For starters thank you all for sharing your personal experiences, it's encouraging and maddening. My diagnosis is L3-L4 ,L4-L5 herniated with nerver impingement, L5-S1 deteriorating and severe spinal stenosis. Through flexibility poses and deep stretching for about 1+ hr and then hit the bench I have gotten rid of the buttock and right leg pain. Under a lot of pressure to get working again. Been doing lunges, now without weights. I'm not overweight. I was underweight around 145 due to pain meds and eating every 2 or so days. 3 months now training and dieting, no meds so I'm up to 160. I'm hopeful and determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    You will neither gain a significant amount of lean muscle nor will you be able to keep it with a 4 week Sustanon and DBol cycle.

However, you will most certainly loose the X amount of new muscle tissue your body was able to build during those 4 weeks.

Whether you should do a PCT after 4 weeks of AAS use will also come up as a debatable issue, possibly leading to uncertainty.

FYI, AAS will not magically heal your spinal injury either. You will gain some strength during the cycle, which will diminish as soon as a week or two after your last Sustanon injection.

To make the long conversation short, 0 + 0 = 0
    I realize that with most Tests cycles I'm looking at 8-12 weeks. Will doing 6 weeks of Sustanon250 with dbol make much a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I wouldnt do it. I have also had back issues. Back surgery in 2005 after living with L3 & L4 herniated and getting worse for 20 years. GREAT relief after surgery. 2007 L5/S1 ruptured. I should have been working out after 2005 but didnt. After 2007 surgery I knew it was get in shape or be in a wheel chair soon. I choose the gym. You can gain a LOT naturally. Using something like sust can also give you a false sense of security and strength gains and you will hurt yourself again or worse.

If you can go without surgery then good. I had no choice. After 20 years I had gotten to were I could only walk or stand for 10 minutes max. After surgery on day one I could walk and stand over an hour. I just should have started walking and exercising more but didnt. The 2nd surgery I had no choice. I was paralyzed from the waste down for 10+ days until I had surgery and that fixed it 80% Working out has fixed it another 15% I will live with the 5% for now.

Go natural for at least the next year. I did and I am glad of it. I know I would have hurt myself. I did a lot of lunges with no weights at first, a lot of walking, toe raises and no weight squats. Then walking/running stairs and lunges with light weight and foreword into light weight lifting for almost a year. I lost about 60 lbs of fat in about 6 months by light exercise and changing my diet. I learned to eat 6x a day and the fat started melting away. I honestly got worried for a while I had something wrong I was loosing weight so fast. LOL
    Rupturing L5-S1 is pretty bad, you give me hope and inspiration. Ty. You must not of been fused, can't fuse me by law cuz more than 3 vertebrae in a row bad. I wouldn't anyway. Supposedly I'm not suppose to be walking in 5 yrs. If that happens then I'll opt for surgery. Sounds like you hung on to the last minute and have more than recuperated. What a Trooper, I tip my hat, no small feat my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kat View Post
    First thing is exactly what is wrong with ur back? If its herniated discs there are exersices u can do to help but if the discs are ruptured or u have nerve impengment that may be different. I has surgery 4 years ago and thought is never be able to lift right again. Tried many times to train legs and just made it worse. For myself, low dose test, losing a ton of weight and training my core did the trick. Had to lose the wieght and strengthen my core to a rediculous level slowly before starting the test did the trick for me. Then leg presses, extentions, hamstring curls, and lunges with a belt and strict form high reps 12-15 with manageable weight to give the back time to adjust. After a year of clean diet and weight loss/core training I've been able to squat for the first time in many years pain free. Added the stuff later and it helped even more but I feel if I had used aas first I'd have ended up in a wheelchair. After doing all the work and getting pain free and in real shape, maybe stick with low dose test and a lean builder like anavar and or maybe a joint protector like deca at low doses could work. U need more strength in ur back and core and general fitness to get ur back conditioned and pain free before ANY bulking. The last thing u want is a lot more water weight for ur back to support before the support muscles are ready. Until u get ur back straight less weight on ur body with more strength is by far the most important thing. If ur back is messed up, more weight generally equals more pain. What's ur diagnosis?
    What do you consider low dose Test options?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kat View Post
    What do you consider low dose Test options? I haven't been able to get my back straight that's why I'm exploring cycling.

Thread Information