ThE DarK KnighT is offline Junior Member

Exclamation ***** NYPD Ban on LEGAL GNC Supplements *****

NYPD Ban on Legal Supplements

Updated: Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 11:06 PM EST
    Published : Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 9:24 PM EST

MYFOXNY.COM EXCLUSIVE - For cops in New York City, taking completely legal over-the-counter supplements can get them into trouble, even fired. That is because in addition to steroids , the NYPD has banned certain legal supplements.

Many of these pills supposedly help you build muscle and lose weight. They are 100 percent legal.

But in December, the NYPD issued an internal personnel bureau memo specifically banning the use of 21 supplements.

* DOWNLOAD AND READ THE MEMO (PDF)

The Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the union that represents rank-and-file uniform cops, did not want to comment for this report.

The NYPD did not respond to a list of questions from Fox 5 News.

Some of the companies that make these supplements issued these statements:

"Unfortunately, we do not have all the information that the New York City Police Department used to based their decision to include our product, Methyl 1-D, on their banned substance list, and would invite inquiries from the NYPD about our product, which we firmly stand behind. LG Sciences has insured Methyl 1-D is in full compliance with all governmental regulations."
    --Nick Suciu, LG Sciences Methyl 1-D

"Our product does not contain, and never has contained, illegal steroids, and we hope that the NYPD, which we hold in such high regard, will reconsider its opinion."
    --Iovate and MuscleTech

"Jungle Warfare is a legal over-the-counter supplement that does not contain any steroids or hormones which would be illegal for sale in the United States. However, Jungle Warfare is an herbal product that could possibly cause a false positive test and states on the label that it may contain substances which are banned by various sports organizations. Jungle Warfare does not contain any prohibited substances that are not listed on the label. We support the NYPD's decision to set up their own in-house protocols for its members."
    --Charles C. Weller, Esq., ALR Industries

"All of Gaspari Nutrition's products are labeled in accordance with federal and state law. Although warnings are optional, Gaspari Nutrition has voluntarily included warnings on its Halodrol and Novedex XT products to advise against taking these products if the consumer is subject to drug testing, because consuming the products may cause false positives... The warnings may be why the New York City Police Department has chosen to include Halodrol and Novedex XT on a list of products that employees should not consume. Gaspari Nutrition fully supports this NYPD initiative as it helps to further the message contained in the warnings on our products. Gaspari Nutrition's products are manufactured in accordance with the high standards established for dietary supplement manufacturing, which include identification of ingredients used to make each product. Our products contain only safe and healthful dietary ingredients, and do not contain any banned or illegal ingredients. Gaspari Nutrition shares the NYPD's concern for the welfare of the police force, the law enforcement community at large and is committed to selling the best quality safe and healthful dietary supplements to the public."
    --Rich Gaspari, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gaspari Nutrition

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! THEY ARE BANNING Gaspari Nutrition's Novedex and Halodrol? WTF??? I even heard they were banning MONSTER Energy drink!!! Whoever works for the NYPD, I feel bad for.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    how dare our cops try to increase their fitness!

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I guess they can make the rules.......las vegas police arent allowed to have any visable tatoos.

Justhav2p is offline Junior Member
    I have seen more cops juicing then firemen.

It's just a ploy for NYPD to not get a "juicehead" wrap for all thier officers.

The police are aggressive enough, no reason for those dick heads to be pumped up with juice as well.

They are never there when you need them, and always there when you don't.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    I highly doubt NYPD is testing for juice

senorsalt is offline Associate Member
    no way..

flyingpoint001 is offline Junior Member
    i think Ronnie boy from the LAPD needs to take a trip NYC and tell NYPD whats good! lol

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justhav2p View Post
    I have seen more cops juicing then firemen.

It's just a ploy for NYPD to not get a "juicehead" wrap for all thier officers.

The police are aggressive enough, no reason for those dick heads to be pumped up with juice as well.

They are never there when you need them, and always there when you don't.
    there are dickheads in every profession. why should cops not be allowed to be in their best physical shape possible to better "protect & serve" and defend themselves?

nypd is being ridiculous now. every police agency should already have a drug/steroid policy in place. otc products too??

bullshit.

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    I just feel like people are getting more and more sensitive. Quit being Pu$$ies and pay attention to criminals! What's the plan? to test them for supplement use?

another thing.... quit paying so much attention to "traffic"! "Oh sorry, I was goint just a little over the speed limit, I guess I owe you 100 dollars of my money... and missing a day of wages for court... and paying court fee's too... I didn't need any of that money to feed myself at all. Sorry had to get that out really quickly...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Who really cares? They're cops...
    Besides, those products suck anyway and can cause false-positives for rec drugs and maybe AAS, which is probably the major reason they were banned.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Yeah, I've heard of several people testing positive for AAS from taking that crappy Nolvedex XT. Talk about a shitty product. Not only does it not work, it costs a shitload and you risk testing dirty on it.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    NYC is just another cesspool.The cops and judges are some of the worst around.Dont believe it.Get a ticket down there and watch the games begin.

Quote Originally Posted by clubbinkid View Post
    I highly doubt NYPD is testing for juice
    Oh they do, trust me. I have heard they do hair drug testing. They supposedly shave a decent amount of hair off the individuals legs. This allows them to go back approximately 1 year on any supplements and other forms of drug use found in the hair follicle. That is just crazy, they obviously do not trust their own employees what so ever.

jtuner77 is offline Member
    Nothing but donuts, coffee, pop and pizza for you!!!!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Here's what I think......

Why should one of those motherfvckers be allowed to arrest me or anyone else for having a bottle of test or tren when he's walking around with 20"+ arms.....

Until it's legalized for all of us...... fvck the cops.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Why should one of those motherfvckers be allowed to arrest me or anyone else for having a bottle of test or tren when he's walking around with 20"+ arms.....

~Haz~

I agree 100%

JimInAK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~

I certainly have more respect for someone trying to be the best that they can be and minding their own business while they do so... that I do for an armed government employee who's life is devoted to "cashing in" by marching their captives to jail for having possession of some Test, Deca or Tren, that he found while searching their car, their person or their home. So, if they are forced to face the same kind of hypocrisy that they live by and enforce every day, don't expect me to shed any tears.

People who lack the morals to respect the basic rights of others are fvcked up, and so are the politicians who create and perpetuate the system that oppresses innocent people.

I suppose I could have just been direct and said it... but I want people to think about it and change it, as soon as possible preferably.
    Last edited by JimInAK; 06-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.

ACE5HIGH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    NYC is just another cesspool.The cops and judges are some of the worst around.Dont believe it.Get a ticket down there and watch the games begin.
    +1 I got nothing against cops in general.... But I gotta say NYC cops are afraid of everything! Got stopped one time with my licensed firearm and they acted like the world was coming to an end, were totally shocked that a "Civilian" could find, own, or know what one of these "magical boom sticks" even was!!

Ended up spending the night in jail, just to be asked why I was arrested in the first place by the judge the next day?!! Case dropped. NYPD kept my piece

6 months later I left the state and never looked back!

Ok, Im done now...

NYPD takes anyone. You can be convicted of a more than 1 misdemeanor and still get onto their department. No wonder they do all these drug tests, because all of their cops are shady as hell. NYPD is a bootleg police department.

Thread Information