nolva250 is offline Junior Member

Ventrogluteal Injection

My previous cycles I've had a friend injecting into my glute, well that friend is now gone and I need to inject for myself.
    Injecting into my glute myself is not an option because of it would feel very clumsy and hard to aspirate .
    I have been injecting into my hip before but I had some pain (soreness) there for some days and and i need my body to be fully recovered so I can squat and fall on IM site because of martial arts.

I've been reading about the Ventrogluteal Injection spot and it looks a little bit easier to inject by my self than the other gluteus spot.
    Anyone got any opinions on that spot or anyone who are injecting there them self? A good tutorial and some pictures/movie would be much appreciated
    I will be injection 4 ml divided in 2 shots for right and left side once a week

And another question , when you put the needle fully in and you aspirate you see no blood if the needle goes a little out you risk of injecting into a blood vessel?

wilsonw25 is offline Junior Member
    ventrogluteal.. you mean like the outer upper quadrant of your glute right? because if thats what you mean then yes thats exactly where you are SUPPOSED to be injecting in your glute. if u want to be able to see the aspiration better stick with delts.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You may also want to split the injections to twice per week.

I've been injection into the upper quadrant but this way seems like its a bit longer to the right
    have a look here http://hubpages.com/hub/Ventrogluteal-Injection

Is splitting 2 time necessary when inejcting test E and EQ

wilsonw25 is offline Junior Member
    oh you are injecting into the gluteus medius.. I wouldnt reccomend that. the gluteus medius is not a relatively large muscle like the gluteus maxiumus or one of the vastus muscles of the quad. I feel like it would be more painful and honestly injecting at the hip... if it hurts as bad as a quad injection you wont be able to walk.

No, I am not injecting the way the link I posted but was wondering about injecting at that spot since its easier for me to pin by myself and many nurses say that is the best IM spot.
    So what should I do inject that way or going for the thigh spot?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonw25 View Post
    oh you are injecting into the gluteus medius.. I wouldnt reccomend that. the gluteus medius is not a relatively large muscle like the gluteus maxiumus or one of the vastus muscles of the quad. I feel like it would be more painful and honestly injecting at the hip... if it hurts as bad as a quad injection you wont be able to walk.
    Negatory. The Gluteus medius is the 3rd most commonly use injection spot and can hold a very large amount as opposed to other muscles.
    I'll PM you a video on it Nolva

Thread Information