Aodha is offline Associate Member

Glucose levels on steroids?

I just got a call from my doctors office over some blood work I recently got done. They seemed worried about me and said I had low glucose levels (low blood sugar). But they don't know that I'm on a steroid cycle yet. I'm on a 625mg a week test cyp for 12 weeks. So a mild cycle. Anyways, I was wondering if my glucose levels are steroid related. I'm guessing they are considering I've never had "low" glucose levels before.
    Does anyone have any info or experience on this? I've searched around but hadn't found anything yet.

P.s. I was getting blood work for other medical reasons dealing with my a.d.d. and medication there. So yeah, this doc definetly doesn't know I run gear.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't think so. The only thing I have heard of on the subject is that AAS helps to regulate blood sugar (according to a type I diabetic who uses AAS).

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    were you fasting when you went? What was your level

I wasn't purposely fasting, it was first thing in the morning without eating anything though. They didn't tell me my levels over the phone. They just want me to come in. They said it's low enough to be concerned so I should come in and talk about it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    well if you were fasting that would cause it to be low. Steroids will not. are you on igf or hgh?

nope. just test cyp. thats what i thought, from not eating it must of been lower than normal. cause i remember how hungry i felt when i was doing the blood work too.. alright, well thanks for the help.

my next question is; should I now tell them I use aas and all that stuff? I only use this doctor for ADD issues thats why i haven't told him.. I don't know if I should cause I don't want to lose him as my doc if he's not ok with steroid use ..

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't tell him.

kml999 is offline Associate Member
    FBS or RBS test that you did? they probably want to do further tests just to confirm your glucose values

I'm not sure the type of test. As far as I know it was a basic blood test to see how things were with my add medication. I've never had trouble before with other blood work. That's why I thought it's aas related.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't say anything just yet...... go in and talk to them..... they'll probably order more tests. See how those come out.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Alright guys will do. I'll just play it cool and see what happens. Thanks.

Thread Information