Black is offline Anabolic Member

Proper way to cycle

Up until recently, I thought I had a grasp on running cycles. Then I read all the hub-bub about this "Sling-Shot" Cycle system. Shorter cycles at higher doses. But it sounds like this is geared towards a competitive bodybuilder, as its recommended to "stay on" year round (aside from the 2 week PCT/Deload phase).

For the non-competitive bodybuilder, are we really benefiting (in the long run) from running "cycles"? I know, you gained X amount of lbs. on 'Cycle X'. But did you REALLY keep it all months later? Could you have possibly achieved those results eventually? Or are the real gains made for those that never come off?

I have a couple newb refresher questions:

So which is the ideal cycle length or format? 8 week sling-shots or 12+ weekers?

Is it true that every cycle needs to be higher in compounds and/or dosage strength (i,e 500mg 1st cycle, 750 2nd cycle, etc.)?

Hate to bump my own thread, but not sure if it got lost.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    im not up to date on the slingshot system... so i cant say much on that...

but cycle lengths are usually due to the ester, prop 8 weeks, enth 12 weeks, cyp 15 weeks. that seems to be the consensus about when u get gains and etc. ive only done prop and after 7 weeks im ready to be done. so i do 7 week cycles of prop (it also makes it a even 50ml or 25 ml ) then i do a pct. I then waited a year for my next cycle...

if you allow yourself to make a full recovery back to normal test levels, then there is no need to increase the test every cycle you end up just f-in ur self over in the long run for building muscle w/o gear. But for a competitive body builder who doesnt allow a full recovery of natty test, then increasing the doses would be one way to keep getting gains.

So as long as you allow yourself to recover, than no need to increase dosage strength each cycle. What about if someone is on TRT, same rules apply?

Just wondering because in the Sling-Shot system, you increase your dosages each 8 week Reload (So 1st 8 weeks, 500mg of Test E, 2nd 8 weeks 750mg of Test E, 3rd 8 weeks 1000mg of Test E, etc.)

I figured as much, because after a year on that sling-shot, you'd be in the grams. Thanks for the response.

It depends on your goals. I'm interested in health and fitness. I take 200mg Test E every week. Yep, just TRT dosage. I'm 5'11", 205lbs, 12% body fat, 51 years old so I'm happy at my current state. I just want to maintain my current state and be healthy. If you want to bulk and complete you would take more AAS. If you want to some muscles but will not compete, do a cycle, rest and PCT. I don't think one cycle better than another. It just depends on what you want to get out of the cycle.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    you keep your dosage the same lets say 500mgs/week until you dont gain from 500mg/week cycles anymore then bump it

some people can gain from 300mgs/week for more then 3 cycles. depends who you are

Makes sense. I was going to start another thread, but instead of cluttering the board, I'm going to try and keep this one open.

I've been on TRT for almost 2 years now. I am primary hypo-gonadal, so I'm shutdown (Not sure when, why or how this happened, but it was not because of AAS. I hadn't touched an anabolic until after I started TRT).

I've done 3 cycles thus far (or "blasts" if you will in the TRT community).
    1st was Test Cyp @ 400mg & Deca @ 400mg for 14 weeks. Great cycle, gained quite a bit of mass.

2nd cycle was Test Cyp @ 500mg & EQ @ 600mg for 14 weeks. This, surprisingly, was more of a cutter. Lost some fat while retaining (maybe gained a few lbs.) of muscle. (I know EQ is weak and hated here, and I agree its weak as shit, but I did notice a big increase in my muscle endurance.

3rd cycle was Test Cyp @ 600mg for 12 weeks & DBol 50mg for 4 weeks. Nothing. Standard strength and a few lbs. increase from Dbol, but that's it. Nothing from the test. It all went away after I finished the 4th week of Dbol.

Looking back at the first two cycles makes we wonder just how much, if any, the test even helped. I hear a lot of people say how awesome test is (as far as cycle gains go). I just don't feel it. I feel the same on my TRT dose of 160mg a week than I did on the 600mg a week (and btw its pharm grade so I know its not bunk). Compared to the last cycle I ran, I can tell how much a difference the Deca made in the first. I can even tell a difference when I was taking the EQ. Is there a possibility of receptor downgrade from being on TRT? I've heard rumors about that, but then I've also heard them being dismissed. Makes me want to try my 4th cycle with a low dose (TRT dose of 200mg or so) of test and then add another compound. Anyone have any info related to this or experiences?
    Last edited by Black; 06-23-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Information