skippylukey2 is offline New Member

Most common steroids used in sports?

Just curious on what the most common steroids out there are being used in sports. Sports such as basketball and football.

What are the sterioids more to boost performance attributes rather than body weight.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

miboleron is offline Junior Member
    Where you have you have doping conrol - most common are test and oral winny.
    You cannot be disqualified due to having test metabolites in your body - after all you are man. Its just how muck test you have in your bloodstream. So suspension is a must for the last days prior to the competition. Oral winny is cleared from the blood in a few days so its also a good choice.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miboleron View Post
    Where you have you have doping conrol - most common are test and oral winny.
    You cannot be disqualified due to having test metabolites in your body - after all you are man. Its just how muck test you have in your bloodstream. So suspension is a must for the last days prior to the competition. Oral winny is cleared from the blood in a few days so its also a good choice.
    You have it backwards. You cant be disqualified for high test. When testing it is usually for metabolites as they remain in the system for much longer depending on the compound.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    You have it backwards. You cant be disqualified for high test. When testing it is usually for metabolites as they remain in the system for much longer depending on the compound.
    Sure you can. They use ratio between test and estrogen. Dont remember the exact numbers, but i know the Olympic Commitee changed the ratio about 20 years ago (current is with lower amount of test allowed) and they had to change the wieght clases for the weightlifter, cause the records already set were unattainable anymore.

Sure you can. They use ratio between test and estrogen. Dont remember the exact numbers, but i know the Olympic Commitee changed the ratio about 20 years ago (current is with lower amount of test allowed) and they had to change the wieght clases for the weightlifter, cause the records already set were unattainable anymore.
    He is talking football and basketball. You are tested for the metabolites as in some cases they remain much longer than the time your levels are raised

He is talking football and basketball. You are tested for the metabolites as in some cases they remain much longer than the time your levels are raised
    Nevermind, if you have too high levels of test you are out. Yes you are tested for metabolites, but you cannot be removed from competion because you have test metabolites, right?

The metabolites come from the synthetic hormone. This is why different esters and compounds have different detection times. For example Test E metabolites are detectable for 3 months while test prop is detectable for 2-3 weeks.

When they test you the metabolites of these synthetic hormones show. T/E ratios are also detectable but say a compound such as deca was used over a year previously, there could possibly be standard levels of each while the metabolites of this drug will still be present

Just google it and this argument is over.

Just google it and this argument is over.
    Im not sure what you mean. You have no information to back up the testing procedures for basketball and football. Google it yourself.

A T/E ratio test is a testosterone vs epitestosterone ratio. Synthetic testosterone may increase the testosterone but not the epitestosterone. There are set numbers in place for the upper limits of the ratio based on the program. But like i said. Elevated testosterone can drop significantly in a short amount of time while metabolites still remain. This is why athletes are tested for metabolites and T/E ratios

To the OP there is no way of knowing. Most of the time it will be steroids that have shorter detection times of their metabolites

Im not sure what you mean. You have no information to back up the testing procedures for basketball and football. Google it yourself.

A T/E ratio test is a testosterone vs epitestosterone ratio. Synthetic testosterone may increase the testosterone but not the epitestosterone. There are set numbers in place for the upper limits of the ratio based on the program. But like i said. Elevated testosterone can drop significantly in a short amount of time while metabolites still remain. This is why athletes are tested for metabolites and T/E ratios

To the OP there is no way of knowing. Most of the time it will be steroids that have shorter detection times of their metabolites
    Thats what i said metabolites and T/E ratio and offcourse i have the info its out there. My comment was about sports with doping control. What type of steroids a footballer will take is greatly in dependance if there will be control. Its a different game.

Thats what i said metabolites and T/E ratio and offcourse i have the info its out there. My comment was about sports with doping control. What type of steroids a footballer will take is greatly in dependance if there will be control. Its a different game.
    This came from the comment of you cant be disqualified for metabolites of testosterone . I simply corrected you because that is untrue

This came from the comment of you cant be disqualified for metabolites of testosterone. I simply corrected you because that is untrue
    Well i guess will continue this way... My point was - If you have taken only test only t/E ratio matters, not the metabolites. Otherwise, one would not expect to clear in only 2-3 days after test suspension use.
    Offcourse, if you use any other type of anabolic steroids the metabolites are what matters.

This came from the comment of you cant be disqualified for metabolites of testosterone. I simply corrected you because that is untrue

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...rug-test_x.htm - Check the last part - testing for testosteron.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...rug-test_x.htm - Check the last part - testing for testosteron.
    Right but im not arguing the T/E ratio test. I completely explained the reasoning and how it works. I only saw wrong in the saying that they do not test for metabolites. Test E would not be detectable for 3 months if it were not due to metabolites

Thread Information