jackyroboinio is offline New Member

Expert Help Needed - Amputed Leg & Deca

Hello Everyone,

I used to come on years ago, but have since stopped and back again.

I have very important question:

My friend had his leg amputated from an accident (1 inch below the knee). Now the doctors say he needs to be bending his knee everyday to make it strong for the new prosthetic leg.

He just removed it 2 months ago and his knee is stiff and painful. He wants to know if starts using deca or any other anabolic steroid , will it help like a "lube" for his knee to bend and make his recovery better? Or is there something else he can do?

He is currently on Oxycontins painkillers and working out in the hospital gym everyday. He was 260, went down to 180, now he is 210 (2 months after amputation) from working out (no juice); he is an experienced juicer, not his first time.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    dont use gear.

i dunno why people even think of it.

ask your doctor if he prescribes it then go for it. if not. then dont even bother.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No way, not for that. It is like any other joint that has not had any work for a long time, it's like a frozen shoulder. He just needs to get it working little by little. If anything try ultra sound therapy on it to help get things going.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    also wanted to add good to see he is still working out despite what has happened

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    No way, not for that. It is like any other joint that has not had any work for a long time, it's like a frozen shoulder. He just needs to get it working little by little. If anything try ultra sound therapy on it to help get things going.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Ultra sound therapy worked wonders for me after my compound break of my tib/fib when my knee froze up from being locked in one place for months

Re: Expert Help Needed - Amputed Leg & Deca

He thought deca will help lube up the joints and provide more flexibility for his stiff knee.

Regarding his state and mood, this guy is extremely positive and optimistic. He say's he's going to buy the best/most expensive leg available, and play baskeball and soccer and all those things, he is not feeling sorry or upset at all!!!! So his mood is good regarding hormone fluctuations, he is working out and showing his biceps and abs in the hospital in his pictures.

Cortisone Shot, the doctor said it's not good, and he should let it happen naturally. He just wants to do whatever that is best for his knee and his leg, most doctors don't recommend gear, but we all know why.

What is his best option for a strong knee? You guys say don't juice? Best option is ultra sound therapy?

I'm forwarding all this info to him

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    ultra sound therapy is great and also, he needs to get a t.e.n.s (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulaor). I am a professional athlete and they work wonders. Tell him to research them

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    the guys gave good advice. Glad to hear your friends spirits are high. That will help alot with his recovery.

Thanks boys

Have a good summer

Thread Information