x_SANDMAN_x is offline Associate Member

Gains slowed down to a halt @ mid-cycle...whats going on??

Im about 7 weeks into my 16-week-cycle. I think is was the first 3 weeks i gained 16lb, but ever since then ive gained 1lb!
    Im eating right, about 5000 calories a day (clean diet), im working out intensely but i just dont seem to be making any gains. The gains just suddenly stopped!
    Is this normal! Whats going on?!

Stats:
    Weight: 234lb
    bf: %18

cycle:
    Week 1-2: Anadrol @50mg ED

Week 3-4: Anadrol@100mg ED

Week 1-12: Deca @500mg EW

Week 1-15: Test c@600mg EW

Week 1-16: Eq@600mg EW
    Last edited by x_SANDMAN_x; 06-24-2011 at 04:50 AM.

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to hear about the gains slowing down. The weight gain in the first 3 weeks are explained by the anadrol . You can put on some serious weight if your eating and piling the water into you.
    Can you be sure your test and deca are not bunk? Seems really strange

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    IF you are eating and training right, sounds like somethings wrong with your gear. Hows your strength?

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A lot of peoples gains stop or slow greatly around 8 weeks

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    With anadrol , deca and test you gain a lot of water weight up front. To continue making gains on the scales you must increase calories even more.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    a lot of peoples gains stop or slow greatly around 8 weeks
    yes!

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I'd be surprised if you don't lose a few lbs after stopping the drol.
    you may not be gaining on the scale but you're probably 'refining'in what you got

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    ^ true that, could be losing some water and gaining some muscle. But i would expect a little more gains with the deca in there.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    A lot of peoples gains stop or slow greatly around 8 weeks
    this is very true......often for me i find weeks 8&9 of deca ill see another jump in weight also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
    I'd be surprised if you don't lose a few lbs after stopping the drol.
    you may not be gaining on the scale but you're probably 'refining'in what you got
    definitely.......i used anadrol the start of my current cycle. I gained 10lbs my first week and lost ten lbs after i cut it out of cycle.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    MAy I recommend some GHRP 6. nothing stimulates my appetite like GHRP6- I find it to be a great plateu buster. Also a little TNE and HALO for a few weeks preworkout also great when stuck. maybe even just a new prework drink to step it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    IF you are eating and training right, sounds like somethings wrong with your gear. Hows your strength?
    My strength has also slowed down, and thats whats killing me! I keep a log so the first few weeks i was feeling like superman! I was adding 5-10 lb to the exercise every week, sometimes even 35 lb like the t-bar. For example if i did 220lb @ 10reps on the pulldowns, the following week i was doing 230lb @ 10reps at perfect form! It was great!
    Now i either do exactly the same weights at exactly the same reps or LOWER! I dont get it! Ok this is not for ever exercise! For some reason im progressing with the t-bar and bi bar curls. But the important stuff like bench press and shoulder presses, im not progressing at all, week after week im stuck at the same weight and reps. Like i remember around week 3, i did 4 sets of dumbbell shoulder press, the last set i did 110lb @ 6 reps. Now for the past 3 weeks or so, ive been struggling to do 6 reps @ 95lb! Thats a drastic drawback.
    Ok, i understand the fist few weeks my body was probably in a state of "shock" thus my being able to add up to 10lb to my workout everyweek. Surely i wasnt expecting to keep on adding 10lb everyweek throughout the entire cycle. But at least 1 or 2lb or an extra rep! That would have been great! But that seems impossible now!

As for the gear, im sure it is legit since i get it from a well known source! But now it got me thinking since no one has experienced my problem. I posted pics of all the gears im using on here a few weeks ago. I think it is 2 or 3 threads back. You can check it out! Maybe you guys used the same gear.
    Last edited by x_SANDMAN_x; 06-24-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Link it. Too lazy to search

everyone has experienced what your going through. gains aren't non stop at some point on every cycle you stop going strength and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    everyone has experienced what your going through. gains aren't non stop at some point on every cycle you stop going strength and weight.
    so since im not gaining anymore, should i stop the cycle?? I mean, whats the point in continuing for 9 more weeks if im not gonna gain anymore? Might as well the the money im spending on the gear.

My weight gains stopped at week 8-12 than picked back up when I raised my dosage from 500mg test to 750.
    If you're happy where you're gains are now than go ahead and stop. Think about it this way, the sooner you stop the sooner you can get back on cycle.
    Also realize the EQ is just barely kicking in, come week 10-12 you'll start to see the full effects.

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    After you have gained 16lbs and are already 234lbs (not sure of your height) gains will slow. Your body is only capable of so much in a period of time. You may need to increase calories even more as mentioned above which can be hard to do sometimes.

The trick now is to do a good PCT and keep as much of the gains as you can.

nilrac is offline Member
    This is why personally I am stopping my cycles at 8-10wks. The gains slow, so at this point, unless you start upping dosages etc then I think it is best to come off and begin recovery. What's the point of staying on for another 6 weeks and keeping your system shutdown the whole time? Everyone is different I guess.

I'm with you nilrac. I've decided to never go past 10wks again or use long esters like EQ anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by x_SANDMAN_x View Post
    so since im not gaining anymore, should i stop the cycle?? I mean, whats the point in continuing for 9 more weeks if im not gonna gain anymore? Might as well the the money im spending on the gear.
    I would still run it to week 12. Things such as uping the dose might get you 2-3 more lbs, or like said up the calories but then you risk crossing a caloric line where fat gains start to increase at a rapid rate. I agree with pacman get off week 12 pct and you'll be able to start your next cycle 4 weeks sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
    My weight gains stopped at week 8-12 than picked back up when I raised my dosage from 500mg test to 750.
    If you're happy where you're gains are now than go ahead and stop. Think about it this way, the sooner you stop the sooner you can get back on cycle.
    Also realize the EQ is just barely kicking in, come week 10-12 you'll start to see the full effects.
    Ok, that sounds good! So increase test by 250mg??

Damn the expenses! If id saved all the money i spent on food, training, supplements and gear all these years, i would have bought a house up on a hill somewhere in the french riviera!

lol! Bro I hear ya. My first cycle was about 1/8th of the cost of my last cycle. I'm not saying do or don't, just saying what I did. I would do like the gator and go 12wk than cut it

What about eq? Wouldnt i be stopping it before its full effect that way?

yes and no, eq is best run till week 16 but it will be in full effect by week 12.

Cool! Thanks a mill for all your responses guys! Y'all been extremely helpful!!

Thread Information