TOkidd is offline Productive Member

To HCG or not to HCG...

To be honest, I don't know if I like the sound of this compound. Not too long ago, people recovered from heavy cycles with just clomid. But now all of a sudden, NOLVADEX and HCG are a MUST. I know that the science has improved, but I don't like some of the sides that accompany HCG, and if a proper regimen of nolvadex and clomid are going to be used PCT, I don't see why HCG is that necessary. Perhaps it will get my nuts back to normal size sooner, but I wonder if I really need it.

So I'm wondering what others think. Is HCG just a way to get your balls back to normal faster, or is it now necessary (remembering that it was NOT about 10 years ago)? Shouldn't nolvadex and clomid do the job of getting a person's natural test going again? What do you guys think? I'd especially like to hear from people who've done cycles and not used HCG? What was your experience? I did a cycle of Deca @ 400/week for 10 weeks in 2003 and did not use HCG. I simply used clomid for PCT and had minimal loss of muscle mass and strength and my libido and testicle size were just fine. Right now I'm on d-Bol @ 40mg/day for 6 weeks + test e. 500mg/week for 12 weeks.
    Last edited by TOkidd; 06-27-2011 at 01:32 PM.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    i run it every week while on cycle. the more cycles you do the more hit your system is going to take from each cycle. so we utilize every tool we can to make sure the we can have a successful pct.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    while on cycle mmmmm ive never ran it on cycle but people do...... then some say run it after cycle and some say you only need to run it if you are on a heavy cycle or its past 10 weeks ull have to work it out yourself to see whats best like for example=

10 week cycle many say you dont need hcg

heavy tren and test cycle then you need hcg (iworked that out the hard way or should i say i want it to get hard lolololol)

depends what are your thinking of running???? if its more than 1 compound id say nova/clomid/hcg after a couple of weeks

ive ran it on prop but dont think i really need it as my nuts are like melons and only ever shrunk a little bit when i used tren!!

anyway what are you running first????
    Last edited by binsser; 06-27-2011 at 02:20 PM.

I'm running D-bol @ 40mg ED ffor the first 5-6 weeks + Test E. 500mg/week for 12 weeks. I could reduce that to 10 if you think I can avoid the HCG that way. This is only my second cycle. If I did do HCG, I planned to use 1000IU/week for the last 6 weeks of the cycle, then proceed with the PCT as per usual. There are so many opinions on when to take it, how to take it - it's blowing my mind. But this method is advocated on this site and others so if I do have to run it this is how I'll do it.

Thanks for the help.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    250IU 3 x per week

Just run it and dont skimp out

Its a must IMHO
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    250IU 3 x per week

Just run it and dont skimp out

Its a must IMHO

Sigh. There are so many different opinions on this. There's a sticky in the PCT forum that says 1000IU's for the last 4 weeks is best.
    Either way, my source sells HCG for way more than others, so I can't afford to run it my whole cycle. Also, with the Canadian postal strike, I've gotta stick with local sources or I'd consider getting this item from somewhere cheaper. If I do run it, it will have to be only for the last 6 weeks. What do you think?

binsser is offline Senior Member
    well im on test e now and i dropped dianabol just like the sound of the water retention bollocks i saw someone on it once and they just didnt look right but all i do is nolva clomid at the end with no hcg and ive been fine but like i said if your nuts do shrink up its good to have it ,,its just mine dont so im lucky i guess????

buti dont think it a must but with dianabol id say do it at the end of cycle you only need alittle bit!

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    HCG is a must for every cycle IMO.

it keeps Intratesticular testosterone volume up, which is essential for recovery.

250-500iu 2x a week on cycle
    then i like to do 1000iu on first day of pct

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    HCG is even prescribed for TRT to be used during cycle from the 2nd week till the end of 12 week trt cycle. Can't be a bad idea to run it.

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    I've ran it both during and as PCT. I most definitely like it for PCT. It doesn't do a whole lot for me on cycle but is a godsend for PCT.

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
    I've ran it both during and as PCT. I most definitely like it for PCT. It doesn't do a whole lot for me on cycle but is a godsend for PCT.
    That makes a lot of sense, I should get some more and run it on PCT as well. What dosages and hopw often do you inject on PCT Sc0rch?

ACE5HIGH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
    You not suppose to run HCG durring PCT... Your suppose to use HCG while "on" to maintain testicular size/function by maintaining endogenous testosterone prodction. Then cut the HCG before you start your normal Clomi+Nolva, this should make the recovery much easier.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ agreed 100%

Thread Information