sith_lord is offline New Member

Once needle is in muscle, how hard to I have to pull back on plunger to make sure....

Once needle is in muscle, how hard to I have to pull back on plunger to make sure that I haven't hit a blood vessel?

Like today I was injecting 1 mL of Test E 250 and I was pulling back on the plunger and the plunger wouldn't move but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't hitting a blood vessel so I put some effort in and a few bubbles shot back into the syringe.

I asked my buddy this question and he said that very little effort has to be done and you just pull back lightly and if there is any blood it will shoot right up into the syringe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    to you see bubbles or blood

I see bubbles man... but do I have to pull back to the extent that I see bubbles?

ronnin is offline New Member
    You don't have to pull hard. If you see bubbles then that's hard enough to see blood as well.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
    I see bubbles man... but do I have to pull back to the extent that I see bubbles?
    Yes, which is only 1 millimeter.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes 100% until u see bubbles or blood

Interesting. Thanks for clarification. I honestly didn't know this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The plunger just has to move (.1ml is sufficient). This will create a vaccum that will let you know that you aren't in a vein.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'm the lucky one, since I start TRT 16 weeks ago I never pull the plunger. I asked My doctor at first place and he say: You don't have to do that. You may cut a little vain when you go in, but the vessels are so small that you can't inject in to the vain, will be more blood coming out and will be impossible for the steroids get in to that vessel.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ where r u injecting? I'm not sure if your doc is right...

punish is offline New Member
    I would not inject without aspirating the needle. Better safe than sorry.

Nuzzi is offline Associate Member
    be carefull not to pull back too hard or you may be sucking in air from past the plunger seal which is not good and you do not want any actual bubbles in the syringe. pull back untill you see very small bubbles start to apear in the oil, once you release they should disappear. your good to go after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzi View Post
    be carefull not to pull back too hard or you may be sucking in air from past the plunger seal which is not good and you do not want any actual bubbles in the syringe. pull back untill you see very small bubbles start to apear in the oil, once you release they should disappear. your good to go after that.
    You could inject the whole 3ml syringe filled with air IM and it wouldn't hurt you.

ACE5HIGH is offline Member
    What I always found interesting about this method is that, when we aspirate until we see little bubbles. Those bubbles are not being pulled from us or from the needle end. What is happening is that the vacuum created is exposing the solutions micro bubbles, this is why as soon as you release pressure they immediately disappear. If we were drawing bubbles into or syringe through the needle then thy wouldn't disappear back into the solution.

This suggests that we are simply creating a vacuum and that if we were in a vessel it would be enough of a vacuum to see some blood appear from through the needle. This also suggests that it may not be necessary to see bubbles appear as long as we are creating a vacuum enough so as not to draw any blood. On the other hand as said above Id rather be safe than sorry and personally will wait to see some bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE5HIGH View Post
    What I always found interesting about this method is that, when we aspirate until we see little bubbles. Those bubbles are not being pulled from us or from the needle end. What is happening is that the vacuum created is exposing the solutions micro bubbles, this is why as soon as you release pressure they immediately disappear. If we were drawing bubbles into or syringe through the needle then thy wouldn't disappear back into the solution.

This suggests that we are simply creating a vacuum and that if we were in a vessel it would be enough of a vacuum to see some blood appear from through the needle. This also suggests that it may not be necessary to see bubbles appear as long as we are creating a vacuum enough so as not to draw any blood. On the other hand as said above Id rather be safe than sorry and personally will wait to see some bubbles.
    yes the bubbles are actually a void.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    I guess I'm the lucky one, since I start TRT 16 weeks ago I never pull the plunger. I asked My doctor at first place and he say: You don't have to do that. You may cut a little vain when you go in, but the vessels are so small that you can't inject in to the vain, will be more blood coming out and will be impossible for the steroids get in to that vessel.
    I have been doing it 30 years and i never asperate,its not necessary.......

Pat403 is offline Associate Member
    On this same note something I've never know is what happens if you do inject into a vein. I just figured it wouldn't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat403 View Post
    On this same note something I've never know is what happens if you do inject into a vein. I just figured it wouldn't be good.
    The oil travels back to the heart and gets pumped to your lungs, where it will cause an accute reaction (coughing fits, nausea, fainting, etc). Once you get through the first couple minutes (and I've never heard of anyone actually dying from this), you'll be fine.

Theoretically, if you injected so much oil that your lungs couldn't clear it all by coughing, the rest would return to the heart and be pumped to the brain (among other things), where it could cause an ischemic (lack of oxygen) stroke. But I doubt you could ever inject enough oil to accomplish that, since you'd start coughing and freaking out way before you could inject it all.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Once needle is in muscle, how hard to I have to pull back on plunger to make sure that I haven't hit a blood vessel?

Like today I was injecting 1 mL of Test E 250 and I was pulling back on the plunger and the plunger wouldn't move but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't hitting a blood vessel so I put some effort in and a few bubbles shot back into the syringe.

I asked my buddy this question and he said that very little effort has to be done and you just pull back lightly and if there is any blood it will shoot right up into the syringe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
    If you pull back really hard you can do lipo on your ass

oscarjones is offline Banned
    A nurse once told me that aspirating with an IM injection in the glutes isn't necessary. I am not sure who to believe.

I would think maybe aspiration would be important for slin pins as the needles are much smaller, and could possibly target a vessel, but also the substance being injected would have to be taken into consideration?
    Last edited by oscarjones; 07-02-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    A nurse once told me that aspirating with an IM injection in the glutes isn't necessary. I am not sure who to believe.

I would think maybe aspiration would be important for slin pins as the needles are much smaller, and could possibly target a vessel, but also the substance being injected would have to be taken into consideration?
    Exactly. Nearly everything a nurse will inject is water based, which you can mainline without issue.
    Oh, and for those out there who think that the BA is what causes the coughing reaction when gear is injected into a vein, there's the proof that it is the oil itself.
    Honestly, I rarely remember to aspirate anymore. I just inject slowly enough that if I were actually in a vein, I'd start coughing and immediately stop before potentially harming myself.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have given myself more than a thousand shots and i have given a lot other people shots and never asperate,never not one time has it been an issue.I have injected oil based and water based shots and not asperated. I only do glute shots for 2 and 3 cc shots and stomach shots with HCG and HGH. I dont like the idea of shots in muscle groups because of the possible soreness and scar tissue.

Nurse never aspirated when she pinned my a$$

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Nurse never aspirated when she pinned my a$$
    I guess you'r the lucky one that have a nurse around.

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    I guess you'r the lucky one that have a nurse around.
    Haha...if she was hot, yes.
    I did Nebido shots (TRT) for 6 months, just to see how I would feel. And I pinned at my docs.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I had a round of antibiotics in the Dr.s office and the nurse was hot and she pinned my ass with a 23g 1-1/12" and I told her, "that's it? where's your 18g needles at!? Let me show you how it's done!" and she laughed and told me to drop the pants.

Thats when I asked her about aspirating and she said it's not necessary at all.

there has always been mixed opinions on this. My thought is it takes less then 2 seconds to do it. Why not do it?

Gi812Many is offline Member
    Sister is an RN....You do not need to aspirate . She administers all sorts of different steroids for patients (medical purposes) and she never aspirates.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    You know the kids on here are getting younger when they think that aspirating has something to do with the anus.

Thread Information