bigr528 is offline New Member

test only cycle questions

Hey all, I apologize first for asking newbie questions. I know there is some threads on here on doing a test only cycle, but im having problems finding exactly what im looking for. Im new to this forum, but not forums in general.
    Im looking into doing a test only cycle, im mean not stacking anything with it. Im not looking to get huge, or do body building. Im 30, I weigh 220-230 and im 6'3. I would say im 15lbs overweight for my build. Would kinda say im built like a linebacker, and have good natural muscle build. I tore a disc in my back a couple of years ago, and it kinda killed alot of my active crap I used to do. I started working out again a month ago, and im looking for just a boost on what I have. What are the positive and negatives of just doing test? Again Im really not looking to stack. How will my natural test levels be affected afterwards? Anything I have found says to do a post cycle. But the test was stacked. How will strait test affect bp and cholesterol? How long of a cycle to start seeing gains in muscle or losses in fat? My workout is semi intense, and 4-5 times a week (hard with a family) and I have a somewhat healthy diet.
    thanks ahead of time for any input!

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    what's your bf%?
    How's diet look's?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigr528 View Post
    Hey all, I apologize first for asking newbie questions. I know there is some threads on here on doing a test only cycle, but im having problems finding exactly what im looking for. Im new to this forum, but not forums in general.
    Im looking into doing a test only cycle, im mean not stacking anything with it. Im not looking to get huge, or do body building. Im 30, I weigh 220-230 and im 6'3. I would say im 15lbs overweight for my build. Would kinda say im built like a linebacker, and have good natural muscle build. I tore a disc in my back a couple of years ago, and it kinda killed alot of my active crap I used to do. I started working out again a month ago, and im looking for just a boost on what I have. What are the positive and negatives of just doing test? Again Im really not looking to stack. How will my natural test levels be affected afterwards? Anything I have found says to do a post cycle. But the test was stacked. How will strait test affect bp and cholesterol? How long of a cycle to start seeing gains in muscle or losses in fat? My workout is semi intense, and 4-5 times a week (hard with a family) and I have a somewhat healthy diet.
    thanks ahead of time for any input!
    this is why you should NOT do a steroid cycle. You should try to reach your natty plateau first to avoid additional injury.

but for ur question, test only cycle is best for a first cycle then u need to do a PCT. Also, if you decide to do a cycle, make sure you do HCG during your cycle it aids in recovery

Honestly can't say what my bf% is. For my size i wear 34 waist pants.....I have a doctors app to get bloodwork done next week and was going to see if he could figure it up for me. My diet is good I guess..... im not a pro at any of this, but I don't eat lots of what i call crap. Ex, sweets cokes, junk food. I don't skip meals ect. I don't count calories and that sort of stuff if that's what you mean. I just consider it good because im not obease and last years checkup my cholesterol levels ect were under check. Hope that helps???

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    You really need a diet, means eat every day, 6 times a day, some meal every time, you get it? go to diet section and look around what every one eating, you my find one that suits you, in case you don't, open a new tread and some will help you.
    A diet should looks like this:

5am: MEAL 1 - PRE WORKOUT
    1 extra large egg, 4 extra large whites - 27/0/5/160
    1/2 cup oats - 5/26/2.5/140
    1/4 cup blueberries - 0/5/0/20

TOTAL: 32/31/7.5/320

WORKOUT followed by 1 hour of cardio

8am: MEAL 2 - POST WORKOUT
    1 Scoop Myofusion - 25/5/3/160
    1 Premier Protein Shake - 30/5/3/160
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280

TOTAL: 65/60/10/600

10am: MEAL 3
    6oz broiled tilapia - 35/0/3/165
    3/4 cup brown rice - 3/22/1/110
    3/4 cup black and red beans - 5/18/1/105

TOTAL: 43/40/4.5/380

1pm: MEAL 4
    5oz chicken breast - 34/0/2/140
    1/2 cup oats - 5/26/2.5/140
    1/4 cup blueberries - 0/5/0/20
    2 cups baby spinach - 1.5/1.5/0/10

TOTAL: 40/33/4/310

4pm: MEAL 5
    4oz 93/7 lean ground beef - 23/0/9/180
    1oz (dry) Barilla Plus Multigrain Pasta - 5/20/1/105

TOTAL: 30/20/10/285

7pm: MEAL 6
    2oz Flank Steak - 15/0/6/120
    1 extra large whole egg - 7/0/5/80
    3 extra large egg whites - 15/0/0/60
    2 cups baby spinach - 1.5/1.5/0/10
    2 Fish Oils - 0/2/0/20

39/1.5/13/290

10pm: MEAL 7
    1 scoop ON Casein - 24/3/1/120
    1 tbsp natty PB - 4/3/8/105
    2 Fish Oils - 0/0/2/20

TOTAL: 28/6/11/245

DAILY TOTAL: 271/195/62/2425

As far as my injury I have learned what I can do and what I can't. I never push it, I learned that the hard way in the beginning. No offense for asking but is the reaching plateau a personal preference of pretty much standard? Never really thought about it..... why im here asking.

Wow that's gotta be hard to follow. That will take some time to accomplish .... with a wife and three kiddos, and 12h shiftwork on top. I generally eat 5 meals. Three eggs and couple slices bacon for breakfast, fruit and yogurt for mid morning, leftovers for lunch Like steak or porkchops, fruit and yogurt mid afternoon, then dinner whatever that may be.... for what im looking for in gains and results is a strict diet similar to the one you posted necessary? Like I said, not looking to get huge or h ave six pack, just tone up more than I can do naturally.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigr528 View Post
    As far as my injury I have learned what I can do and what I can't. I never push it, I learned that the hard way in the beginning. No offense for asking but is the reaching plateau a personal preference of pretty much standard? Never really thought about it..... why im here asking.
    reaching a plateau should be a standard. But with you injury and only working out 1 moth your body is hardly conditioned. Do steriods is going to put more stress on your muscles and tendons. If you just started working out you will make improvements naturally for a while.
    And yes diet has alot to do with it

Thank for some advise!

Oh and just fyi.... when I say just started back lifting, im not coming back from being on the couch or behind the desk. I have a physically demanding job and that's probably why im still somewhat toned and in decent shape. So it'd not like I have been sitting around. But I do know its not the same as pushing weights. Just my. .02

binsser is offline Senior Member
    if you want just test id say test-e ...its just 2 easy injections every week then train at least 4 times a week for 1 hour and a half each time with cardio on your days off for an hour eat chicken salad 4 times a day or every 3 hours with a good breakfast cup of oats 10 eggs 2 whole 8 whites followed by carbs 100g before workout and 100g carb after workout with 50g protein in each meal do this for the length of your cycle 10-12 weeks and youll be where you want its quite easy no cheating like drinking or cakes like you said crap... no smoking either just train eat sleep and shag and ull be fine lolol

Think this is a abit of a better answer than JUST TRAIN as we all already know that but want a kick so here it is bud be happy!

27300man is offline Associate Member
    Bigr528: I'm on almost the same boat as u. Got the family and work full time. I work out almost every single day when I get home from work. A lot of people on here will probably say your not ready b/c you don't fall into "their" criteria of being "ready". imo, I think You will achieve your goal through test. Just make sure you know the pros, cons & the proper way to complete a cycle. I'm in the middle of a TestE only cycle right now. I notice no gains yet but my BP actually got better. It went from 149/90 to 122/81ish religiously. Don't know bout my cholesterol. I'm loving my none stop boners. I feel like I'm 14 again. hope that helps.

My cycle:
    TestE 500/week 12weeks split in 2 injections (tues/fri)
    PCT: 14 days after last test inject: Nolva 40mg everyday 1st 2 weeks then 20mg next 3 weeks.
    (Others use clomid as well)

I got Stane (AI) on hand
    & HCG I might not use b/c all the reading I've done
    Last edited by 27300man; 06-30-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    OoOo^^^ what readings have u read that suggest NOT to use HCG during a cycle?

and i said he shouldnt due to a injurie to his SPINAL DISC. that is a injury waiting to happen when ur on the juice and only been working out a month.

yes you have a strenous job, how will your body react when u put more strain on it with heavy weights and added test?
    and if ur looking for a 'boost' look in to supplements. creatine, Nitric oxide stuff, protein shakes etc...

27300man is offline Associate Member
    ^^ Just dig a bit and you'll find hundreds of thread pro HCG and against. The majority is pro, but the ones against have excellent points on HCG. I agree with what you said about the spinal injury. but if the OP is considering taking all the over the counter goods (most OTC goods not even FDA approved), IMO, I would consider TEST at the appropriate dose.

Thread Information