kif
    kif is offline Member

Pre-cycle test.....Natural test levels low

I got my blood work done prier to starting my test Tbol cycle. My test levels are at 329 doc says normal is between. 500-1000 I haven't done a cycle in several years test level was at 689 two years ago haven't done a cycle since then. Ill be 39 next month doc said the 329 level I'm at shouldn't be seen until late 50's early 60's past cycles were basic test E and test E & Dbol came back normal both times with proper PCT. I didn't cycle to young either first cycle I was 29. Does anyone know what would cause this? Doc said he wouldn't speculate until we do more blood work. Also about 2 months ago I started becoming extremely tired all the time, I just chalked it up to overworking in the gym, scaled it back but still tired. Doc said he'll probably perscibe a test gel. Anyone have any experieance with this that can please share with me? Are my test levels going to stay this low forever or is it correctable? Im thinking I should hold off on the test Tbol cycle I was gonna start?

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Duh I'll be 36 next month not 39

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Anyone with experience with testosterone gel?

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    Yes, check the HRT subforum here. Myriads of information.

The gel is a PITA. He'll likely give you 5gms of 1% solution, which will put you in a normal range for a few months, until your natty production halts. At that point, you'll be back in low T territory, only this time the T will be coming from the gel instead of your (now non-test-producing) balls. He'll probably double the gel dosage, or prescribe Cyp at some horrible dosing scheme like 400mg/month or 200mg/EoW.

If you're insistent on HRT, push for 100mg/wk, or the equivalent self-administered (IE: 200mg/EoW per your prescription, and then just split the dosage on your own w/o the doc knowing). You can cite any/all of the following reasons to go for the Cyp over the Gel.

1) Cost. 1 month Androgel on my HMO was a $25 copay. 2.5 months of Cyp is $90 with no copay. The price difference is astounding.
    2) Transference. The Gel can be transferred to your children/wife/others topically. State your concerns, and maybe he'll listen.
    3) Convenience. Daily application vs. weekly/biweekly.
    4) The tried-and-true-ness of injectable test over gel.

He'll likely shoot down reasons 2, 3, and 4.

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Thanks man great info.

Thread Information