Thread: Blood

J. Cole is offline Associate Member

Blood

Hey guys,

I know this is probably completely normal and happens quite frequently, but I just wanted to know what causes it. It has only happened to me twice out of 5 weeks so far. I had some blood come out after removing the needle, does this mean I just passed through a capillary or something? It stops within seconds of applying pressure, but just curious.

Thanks
    -J

Devil_Doc is offline Associate Member
    yea dude, its normal... think about it as a cut, its going through your skin, and youre trying to get it in the muscle, its gonna happen. especially the more tense you are. as long as you aspirate (pull the plunger back slightly) and you dont see any blood then continue with the injection

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whether a particular needle stick bleeds or not is dependent on several things, your individual blood chemistry, the state of your circulatory system, how vascular you are etc. Aside from those person to person differences whether a particular shot bleeds is dependent on how close punctured capilaries or a vein is to the surface of the puncture, that is if they are near the surface and little tissue pressure exists they may bleed but if the tissue pressure is sufficient to cap the flow then you will see no blood...So no worries its completely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Doc View Post
    yea dude, its normal... think about it as a cut, its going through your skin, and youre trying to get it in the muscle, its gonna happen. especially the more tense you are. as long as you aspirate (pull the plunger back slightly) and you dont see any blood then continue with the injection
    have not aspirated yet... kind of confused by the whole thing and havent felt the need to when shooting glutes?

yeah, the aspiration will tell you that you arent hitting a blood vessel directly, you dont have to, but itll give u piece of mind.... the main thing is to make sure that you have the right quadrant (top right) to make sure that you dont hit your sciatic nerve

yeah ive been hitting the top outside quadrant switching each week from the left and right glute and its been pretty good

you're only pinning once a week?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Aspirating is quick and easy. I still aspirate on every shot to this day. Don't see why you wouldn't.

As for the blood, you could've knicked something, but you're also sticking something sharp into your body, so a little bit of blood is kinda normal. lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If the blood is dark, it is an arteriole or capilary bleed (cap bleed is not likely noticed from a needle). A cap bleed will just slowly ooze, like a paper cut. An arterial (if injecting it will be an arteriole) will pulse blood out.
    If it is brighter red, it is deoxygenated veinous blood.
    But yeah, if you're bleeding, it is because you pierced a blood vessel. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Doc View Post
    you're only pinning once a week?
    yeah only 375mg a week, so I didnt see the need to split it up

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    If the blood is dark, it is an arteriole or capilary bleed (cap bleed is not likely noticed from a needle). A cap bleed will just slowly ooze, like a paper cut. An arterial (if injecting it will be an arteriole) will pulse blood out.
    If it is brighter red, it is deoxygenated veinous blood.
    But yeah, if you're bleeding, it is because you pierced a blood vessel. No big deal.
    very in depth haha but thank you and yeah its just a tiny bit that comes out and it has only happened twice, so im not worried about it. it stops within seconds

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cole View Post
    very in depth haha but thank you and yeah its just a tiny bit that comes out and it has only happened twice, so im not worried about it. it stops within seconds
    I've hit a quad gusher that took a few alcohol pads to control. Probably an arteriole...lol

Thread Information