Carbon is offline New Member

Are steroids right for me?

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this question in..

I'm 23 years old, 6' 2, and i weigh 150 pounds. I've been working out for over a year and half, lifting heavy weights with low reps. I eat 6-7 meals a day, 2500-3000 calories on non training days and 3500 on training days. As you have probably realized I'm a hard gainer. It took me months of hard work to weigh 155 and only a few weeks to strip it away. I'm tired of working my ass off for little results that vanish almost instantly. My metabolism is the devil and I just want to have decent mass.

I know weighing 175 is probably attainable without steroids , but the goal for me seems almost impossible. I would like to get the edge on my metabolism with a little extra push. So I thought i would consult some expert opinions and see if taking a low dosage of gear would be a good/bad idea to help me reach my goal of 175.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    To be honest if you need to ask that question bud then No (no offence) you have to study here for a while see what sort of things you find interesting and after youve studyed youll know were you want it or not id say No if you only want to reach 175 just go to diet section add more carbs and have a good meal before you sleep thats where your prob losing the mos,t have a look around bud theres no rush then ask another question because to be honest after youve done abit more studying you wont be asking the question above hope this helps m8 all the best!!

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Besides being a couple years to young for recommended use of steriods . Have you posted your diet in the diet forum? Or could u out lay it now?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    nope, you are too young and too light. good diet and good supps are what you need

Diet goes something like this..

Training Day:

Meal 1: Whole Grain cereal with sliced almonds and raisins (2 servings) with a cup of whole milk.
    Meal 2: 2 Hotdogs with buns or whole bread.
    (Before Workout)
    Meal 3: Tuna Sandwhich on two slices of whole wheat, 1 banana.
    (After Workout)
    Meal 4: rib eye steak, sweet potato, asparagus, biscuit, couple slices of cucumber or light salad
    meal 5: 1 cup of oats, 1 box of raisins, 1 scoop hydro whey
    meal 6: penut-butter banana sandwhich
    (Before bed)
    meal 7: 1 cup of whole milk, 2 eggs, 1 scoop hydro whey
    Last edited by Carbon; 07-12-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by binsser View Post
    To be honest if you need to ask that question bud then No (no offence) you have to study here for a while see what sort of things you find interesting and after youve studyed youll know were you want it or not id say No if you only want to reach 175 just go to diet section add more carbs and have a good meal before you sleep thats where your prob losing the mos,t have a look around bud theres no rush then ask another question because to be honest after youve done abit more studying you wont be asking the question above hope this helps m8 all the best!!
    I def want to do more research no matter what. I'm not planing on putting outside substances in my body without knowing all the information i can. The reason I made this post was to see if others thought at my level of experience (lifting weights) and my age (23) was right/ok for starting a cycle. I

In reply to everyone saying im too young.. wasnt Arnold taking gear at 16? Why would 23 still be too young?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your diet needs alot of work, 6'2 is pretty tall and at 152lbs you must be incredibly thin. I`m not against your age as much as your weight being the reason for not being ready to cycle.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    2 words: **** no!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Diet goes something like this..

Training Day:

Meal 1: Whole Grain cereal with sliced almonds and raisins (2 servings) with a cup of whole milk.
    Meal 2: 2 Hotdogs with buns or whole bread.
    (Before Workout)
    Meal 3: Tuna Sandwhich on two slices of whole wheat, 1 banana.
    (After Workout)
    Meal 4: rib eye steak, sweet potato, asparagus, biscuit, couple slices of cucumber or light salad
    meal 5: 1 cup of oats, 1 box of raisins, 1 scoop hydro whey
    meal 6: penut-butter banana sandwhich
    (Before bed)
    meal 7: 1 cup of whole milk, 2 eggs, 1 scoop hydro whey
    there is your problem right there. Please forget the steroids for now and head over to the diet section. Steroids cant make make up for a diet

Really? I always thought my diet was pretty good. Whats so terrible about it? (just curious, if i dont ask i wont learn)

Sulixe is offline Banned
    this is a very bad diet.

Hotdogs in a diet, really?
    no protein in first meal of the day.

It looks like there's barely any protein in your diet, and your calories relie on milk and bread mainly
    And throw in some

Here illl give you a fast sample of what a good diet would look like

Meal 1: 2 cups of oats in 500ml milk, 8 eggwhites, 2 yolk
    meal 2: 250g chicken breast with 2 cups brown rice
    meal 3: 250g steak with 300g pasta
    workout
    Postworkout nutrition: 500ml milk, 1 cup of oats, 300g strawberries and 2 scoop whey protein in a blender.
    meal 4: 8 eggwhites and 60 almonds
    meal 5: 1 cup low fat cottage cheese with almonds again
    Meal 6: 300g steak before bed.

vegetables here and there.

I'm getting like 18g protein first meal, but that's a training day. Day after training i take a scoop of whey with my cereal.

How in the hell am i going to afford chicken breasts and two steaks every other day?

I think im already getting a gram of protein per lb of lean mass.
    Last edited by Carbon; 07-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm getting like 18g protein first meal, but that's a training day. Day after training i take a scoop of whey with my cereal.

How in the hell am i going to afford chicken breasts and two steaks every other day?

If you cant afford the food then you should not be taking steroids . Your diet right now is terrible. Steroids are not miracle drugs. The most important part of a cycle is the diet. The cost of food comes with the territory

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Your diet should be the same everyday (though I guess you could cut back on carbs on off-days).
    And if you can't afford a few chicken breasts daily, don't bother using AAS (or even trying to get bigger).

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Food is your best chemical. If you read the threads around here you will start to see a pattern. The guys who look GREAT eat right. That is the secret.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

choker28 is offline Junior Member
    i dont know anything about AAS so can help you there but, nutrition wise its easy to add calories without cost blend up your oats with skimmed milk and a good whey protein add a banana or 2 and some MCT oil 3 x day with your normal meal which are not the best they need sorting
    plenty Baked potatoes and brown rice wholemeal pasta fresh veg mainly greens,salads nuts peanut butter
    chicken turkey tuna salmon mackerel eggs,eggs and more eggs dont believe all the hype about high Cholesterol
    that should give you some ideas

supplement wise
    creatine
    L-glutamine
    ZMA before bed
    L-Arginine, L-Lysine, L-Ornithine on a empty stomach in the morning
    and plenty of water

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    If you cant afford the food then you should not be taking steroids. Your diet right now is terrible. Steroids are not miracle drugs. The most important part of a cycle is the diet. The cost of food comes with the territory
    terrible how?

what can i change to make it better?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    terrible how?

what can i change to make it better?
    you were given some suggestions. There is a diet section here that people can help out with that part for you

Sulixe is offline Banned
    Bodybuilding is expensive.

If you cant even buy the food youll need, wait till you can.

i pay 130 to 200$ a week just for my food, and i buy in bulk...

Believe_Excel is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulixe View Post
    Bodybuilding is expensive.

If you cant even buy the food youll need, wait till you can.

i pay 130 to 200$ a week just for my food, and i buy in bulk...
    Exactly that. The game is expensive but the question you need to ask yourself (and not in a hurtful way) is: Do I wanna get bigger? Or whine and moan about the fact that meat and protein (our prime mediator for growth) are expensive? Everything comes at a price, make it a hobby not a chore.

I live in the UK and meat over here is ridiculous and even though I buy at wholesale prices my last meat order was 30kg for $645 / £400, this will last me a good few months but that's just steak and fish, chicken I buy about 1-2kg a week and then there's tinned Tuna also at about 1kg a week. I started thinking of jabbing recently even though I've been training for 5 years and my diet is just about on the mark but I'm still holding back till I'm 25. So that's what, another 6 years of training when there are only very few things I can do to change to get better? It is a long grind but you need to build a good foundation naturally and sort out every single tiny other component of your training regime first, steroids should be the very last option and are not to be treated like 'magic jabs'. Listen to the members here, they know what they're talking about, 25 + with a SOLID diet and some hardcore training experience and maybe ask this question again, but the likelihood is you've got a long way to go first, best advice at the moment: read, read, read and read.

Thread Information