Corpsman is offline Associate Member

Need Help With Cycle

I have asked this a few different times but I never get an answer so I am not sure if I am not asking it correctly. I am on HRT 200mg/week Testosterone with 1000u HcG on day 5 & 6. When they test my blood I am always at the top of the high normal range. I have been on HRT for about 10 years but have only recently been lifting regularly. I have taken off a lot of fat and added a decent amount of muscle but i want to take it to the next level. I would like some advice on how much to increase my test to and for how long and also how to adjust my HcG usage when I increase the test. Since I am on HRT I never come off the test so other than going back to my normal routine, I don't know if I need any additional PCT. I am thinking of just doubling the test for 4 weeks and not taking the HcG during that time, then going back to my normal routine. Any advice?

I am 37, 5' 7", 162lbs

Thanks. If I am not asking this question correctly, let me know what I need to be asking please.

gym_junki is offline Member
    You don't need pct because you are on hrt there for you just go back to your normal test dose, you can't just do 4 weeks it's not enough at all you go for 12 weeks and raise the dose to 400-500mg of test per week.
    HCG you will be fine with 250 iu every 3 days

So take 2mg of Test Cyp (400mg) with 250iu (1/4 cc) every 3 days, and do this for 12 weeks, then return to my normal dosage? I have been lifting regularly for 3 months. Is it too early to do this in your opinion? Should I wait a little longer until I start plateauing on lifts?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you would notice a diff raising it for 4wks, im in the same boat and have done that to experiment, better to go for a 10-12wk cycle though to get a good kick.

you shoot 1000iu's hcg on days 5 and 6?? dont get that at all

If I do that, how long would I have to be returned to my normal dosage in order to have a blood test consistent with what I have been? My VA doc tests my blood every time I see him. I convinced them to let me give myself my own shots at home and I went a long time only taking 200mg every two weeks so I have a stockpile to do my cycle with. I don't want to risk having them tell me I have to start getting my shots there.

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post
    So take 2mg of Test Cyp (400mg) with 250iu (1/4 cc) every 3 days, and do this for 12 weeks, then return to my normal dosage? I have been lifting regularly for 3 months. Is it too early to do this in your opinion? Should I wait a little longer until I start plateauing on lifts?
    Why alter your hCG schedule?
    I personally say yes. While the chance for shutdown is nil, your connective tissue is still relatively untrained and more susceptible to injury when adding mass/strength quickly. However, I would like others' opinions on this as well, as it's not something I've looked into extensively. Perhaps a shorter blast would be more suitable?

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    you would notice a diff raising it for 4wks, im in the same boat and have done that to experiment, better to go for a 10-12wk cycle though to get a good kick.

you shoot 1000iu's hcg on days 5 and 6?? dont get that at all
    How were your gains, or what "difference" did you note?
    I just read something from Dr. Crisler about this theory. The idea is that the Cyp from day 1 (injection day) begins to taper off most significantly on days 5 and 6, right before your next injection. The hCG is supposed to give you a slight mood boost, a sort of substitute for the declining (albeit still normal) test levels.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonk View Post
    Why alter your hCG schedule?
    I personally say yes. While the chance for shutdown is nil, your connective tissue is still relatively untrained and more susceptible to injury when adding mass/strength quickly. However, I would like others' opinions on this as well, as it's not something I've looked into extensively. Perhaps a shorter blast would be more suitable?

How were your gains, or what "difference" did you note?
    I just read something from Dr. Crisler about this theory. The idea is that the Cyp from day 1 (injection day) begins to taper off most significantly on days 5 and 6, right before your next injection. The hCG is supposed to give you a slight mood boost, a sort of substitute for the declining (albeit still normal) test levels.
    That is why I was taking the 1000iu on days 5 and 6

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You should really keep lifting seriously for at least another year or two before upping the test. You'd run a good risk of injury right now if your strength shoots up before you've buildt a good physical base and learned proper lifting form and technique.

So wait until you can't gain much more with your current regimen, then come back for cycle advice.

Probably good advice. I had been irritated lately because I wasn't gaining much on my bench or incline bench, but the other night was really weird because I jumped 20-35% increase on all my day 3 lifts in just over two weeks. Plus I do see my physique continuing to improve. But don't worry about me and technique. I always try to use good form and not cheat. And when I am not sure about something I hit you tube to find it.

Thread Information