Tbound is offline Junior Member

Talon Pharmacueticals?

I was wondering if anybody has heard of Talon Pharmaceuticals and used their Cypionate with any success?....This is the drug that my clinic shoots with and I was skeptical after Googling it and not really finding any results afterwards. I saw the vial the other day while in the office(they usually have preloaded syringes) and the label on it looked suspect(very generic). I've gotten results from the drug but have wondered if most of my results, gym wise, have come mostly from muscle memory. Thanks, T

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well Docs dont use UG.So I thinkyour safe.

You're right....but my concerns were that the company and drug that I use aren't backed by the FDA.....the reasons given when I called the company were that they were a "compounding pharmacy". I understand(after doing my research) about "compounding" but my thing is this....it's Cyp and it's not one that needs to be "compounded"...so I was just curious as to why no FDA approval for this med with them.

Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member
    They preload syringes? Isn't this bad practice?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If it's a compounding pharmacy you're fine. All it means it that it is being made in the back room of the pharmacy under a laminar flow hood by a trained pharmacist using all USP grade ingredients.
    It is fully FDA compliant.

To be honest....I wouldn't know, I'm new to TRT. But they had both vials and preloaded syringes in a small lock box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    They preload syringes? Isn't this bad practice?

Question answered! Thanks fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    If it's a compounding pharmacy you're fine. All it means it that it is being made in the back room of the pharmacy under a laminar flow hood by a trained pharmacist using all USP grade ingredients.
    It is fully FDA compliant.

Is this it?
    http://www.taloncompounding.com/

BTW, that was the first result that popped up for "Talon Compounding pharmacy", lol. Not exactly a tough search.

The explain everything you could ever want to know about compounding right on their website as well.

Yep....this is the same site I had found and read up on "compounding"....but Cyp, unless you are allergic to the oils in it or something, would not need to be compounded....just created as a whole. I guess they(compounding pharms) don't JUST "compound" they also offer regular stuff as well. Just can't believe the FDA doesn't put their seal of approval on it. Oh and one more thing....as they way they do things and chemicals they use they may be FDA compliant but with no official approval backing them.....per the sales person who I spoke with over the phone.
    Last edited by Tbound; 07-28-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Regardless of the true definition, compounding pharmas will make whatever they can turn a good profit on. If it comes down to buying and reselling pre-made gear from Sandoz, or making their own, which do you think is going to be more profitable for them?
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 07-28-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Thread Information