sxxen is offline Associate Member

Just injected with a 27G x 1 and 1/4 " needle

I just injected with a 27G and it was completely painless and I injected 1.2ML of oil (cottonseed) relatively quickly under a minute. With the 23G, I could feel tiny sharp pinches as I kept going into my muscle, but with the 27G I felt absolutely nothing.

I'm glad I purchased the 27G, and will continue to use it. It had no problems injecting oil at all. Needless to say, it was a lot smoother than I expected after reading other people's comments.

I drew with a 23G which took about a minute, but I forgot to inject in air to increase pressure. Drawing with an 18G was eating up my stopper too fast.

Comparing the same amount of oil from a 23G to a 27G, it was maybe 20 seconds longer.
    Last edited by sxxen; 07-30-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I can't imagen sitting there for that long injecting with a 27g....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I can't imagen sitting there for that long injecting with a 27g....
    I'm surprised he even got the oil through

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    23 gauge, inch and a half is my weapon of choice

Actually, I should edit it, I meant around 2 minutes for the whole process, drawing and injecting. Injecting, it was probably a little less than a minute. Not that long at all in my opinion.

I drew with a 23G which is why it took some time.

deeznutts is offline Associate Member
    Whoa.. 2mins! I can draw and stick and be on my way in 2mins... lol I like 23g but hard to find where I am so I shoot a 22g 1" really have no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy20 View Post
    I'm surprised he even got the oil through
    What's so surprising? Don't knock it til you've tried it. Worked fine. Maybe you'll have to spend an extra 20-30 seconds. If a 23G, hell a 18G, works for you then good job for me, but I don't see the sense in using a bigger needle if you don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutts View Post
    Whoa.. 2mins! I can draw and stick and be on my way in 2mins... lol I like 23g but hard to find where I am so I shoot a 22g 1" really have no issues at all.
    read my post above yours. I clarified.

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    Try drawing with a 27 gauge, and u will see y ppl say they r shocked u got the oil through..

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    What are you injecting, i just can't get my head around using it with and e ester..
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by DGK View Post
    Try drawing with a 27 gauge, and u will see y ppl say they r shocked u got the oil through..
    I don't doubt it, drawing with a 23G was hard enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    What are you injecting, i just can't get my head around using it with and e ester..
    Injecting Test Enanthate .

It was surprisingly quick, not that much longer than 23G.

Quote Originally Posted by sxxen View Post
    read my post above yours. I clarified.
    Gotcha... It obviously wanst there when I posted..lol If it works for you thats great, like I said I shoot with larger gauge than I want to cuz thats whats avail. I tried drawing with a 23g and it was ridiculous... If you can go with something like an 18g for drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutts View Post
    Gotcha... It obviously wanst there when I posted..lol If it works for you thats great, like I said I shoot with larger gauge than I want to cuz thats whats avail. I tried drawing with a 23g and it was ridiculous... If you can go with something like an 18g for drawing.
    Yeah, 18G is definitely much faster for drawing but I have about 80ml in my bottle and it eats up the stopper quickly so I don't think it'll last the whole bottle. So I have to resort to drawing with the 23G. I can see it being a painful wait if you have to draw up multiple compounds.

tony1032 is offline Junior Member
    I draw 23g and pin 25g, 1" does fine. Just got to jam it in there sometimes.

lc1213 is offline Associate Member
    my first injection was with a 27g pin. it took a little longer than the 25g i use but it went smoothly.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I may have to try it again. Your saying only 20 seconds longer than a 23g?

workhardgethuge is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    I use 27g, it does take a bit longer, but it forces me to go slow, somedays I feel like going faster and will use a 25g, but I get more soreness the day after.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I use 25g for pinning and 21g for drawing. Best of both worlds...
    Blatant post whoring!!!
    Last edited by The Titan99; 08-01-2011 at 12:43 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hope you guys have fun injecting as fast as you can but dont come back complaining how it hurts the next day.

To me it's funny as how people cant wrap there head around what is happening when they inject FAST. Try filling the syringe with water. now point it up and press it as hard as you would if you are injecting into your??? See how far it goes? Several feet into the air like a mine fire hose. Where do you thing that is going in your body? SLAMMING against a muscle causing a bruise or charlie horse. You can inject in under 30 seconds and have discomfort for the next couple of days or you can inject SLOW and take 1+ minute to inject 1mg or 2+ minutes for 2mg and have NO soreness.

To me it's worth the extra 30 seconds to 2 minutes to have no discomfort after.

^^^^ Im trying to figure out who is injecting fast??? We're all commenting on the length of time and difficulty of injecting with different gauges... However, those who do choose to inject fast and blast their muscle would definitely experience some pain like you stated above. I def take my time, needles dont bother me, I look forward to the pinning..lol but I cant see having one hanging out my @$$ for more than 2 mins either.

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    I may have to try it again. Your saying only 20 seconds longer than a 23g?
    20 seconds or so. It definitely wasn't that much more, but maybe it's because I inject slower with a 23G anyways.

Either way, I don't think the extra wait time is that big of a deal. What was your first experience like with a 27G? Just wondering why you said "may have to try it again".

kawi1000 is offline New Member
    I inject 25 gauge with my test c shots and have never felt so much as a pinch. Used to use 22 gauge and every now and then it would hurt afterwards. 25 is painless and quick.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I hope you guys have fun injecting as fast as you can but dont come back complaining how it hurts the next day.

To me it's funny as how people cant wrap there head around what is happening when they inject FAST. Try filling the syringe with water. now point it up and press it as hard as you would if you are injecting into your??? See how far it goes? Several feet into the air like a mine fire hose. Where do you thing that is going in your body? SLAMMING against a muscle causing a bruise or charlie horse. You can inject in under 30 seconds and have discomfort for the next couple of days or you can inject SLOW and take 1+ minute to inject 1mg or 2+ minutes for 2mg and have NO soreness.

To me it's worth the extra 30 seconds to 2 minutes to have no discomfort after.
    I understand your point. But couldnt you also say. That using a smaller pin people are pushing harder and now the fluid is coming out at a higher pressure inside the muscle

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I understand your point. But couldnt you also say. That using a smaller pin people are pushing harder and now the fluid is coming out at a higher pressure inside the muscle
    I think it's true to a certain point; that point being where the gauge is so small that the rate oil comes out of can't possibly come out any higher. Like a 6 lane highway with 1000 cars; the cars can travel freely how fast they want as opposed to a 2 lane highway with 1000 cars where congestion will happen and it forces the traffic to reduce speeds.

So regardless how much pressure you put on a 27G, it will go out slow. More pressure on a smaller 22 or 23G, then oil will come out fast.

I know it's not exact, but it's just an analogy. He was using water as an example which has a much lower viscosity than oil.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by sxxen View Post
    I think it's true to a certain point; that point being where the gauge is so small that the rate oil comes out of can't possibly come out any higher. Like a 6 lane highway with 1000 cars; the cars can travel freely how fast they want as opposed to a 2 lane highway with 1000 cars where congestion will happen and it forces the traffic to reduce speeds.

So regardless how much pressure you put on a 27G, it will go out slow. More pressure on a smaller 22 or 23G, then oil will come out fast.

I know it's not exact, but it's just an analogy. He was using water as an example which has a much lower viscosity than oil.
    very true. We should submit this to myth busters

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    very true. We should submit this to myth busters
    Well I think from a simple experiment we can prove this to be true.

Take an 18G, and draw oil from a bottle.

Then take a 27 G and draw oil from a bottle.

Oil passes so slowly in the 27G that it will literally take a few minutes to draw 1ml as opposed to 10 seconds with the 18G. With the 18G you could pretty much pull back the syringe as fast as you want and it will still draw oil. On the 27G, no matter how fast you pull back, it will pass through at a constant rate (very, very slow).

Mythbusters rocks!

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1032 View Post
    I draw 23g and pin 25g, 1" does fine. Just got to jam it in there sometimes.

but I use a 23g 1" for glutes

25 1" everywhere else

18g will eat up your vials no doubt

Thread Information