Thread: cutting up.

shanerik is offline New Member

cutting up.

I need some advice for cutting. I want to shred my body fat but not lose what I have gained. I've changed my diet.(thanks to the great diet forums) what do you recommend as far as exercise? I've heard a lot about low weight and high rep super sets. Any info will be appreciated. Thx

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Go and take a look in the workout section and post your question over there...

And no you don't wanna start doing lots of reps... You want to train just as you did to gain the weight... Hard, heavy, intense....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Thanks.

Srobis15 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah you would be suprised how fast you can lose your muscle if you switch to low weight, high reps. Sure you will lose weight, but alot of it would be muscle mass. Keep training heavy, and start doing more low intensity cardio. I usually bike or row for an hour, keeping my heart rate at around 65-70%. Chops about a lb a week. Slow and steady.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Amen Baseline!

I don't know where that myth got started, but it probably has its roots in the restricted calories typically equal less energy, so train lighter school of though.

Srobis, it's not so much that you lose muscle (as long as your seriously training you'll sustain what you have in a maintenance-type mode), its moreso that you begin to limit improvement. It has to do with the myth that you only improve while bulking and that you can't improve & diet simultaneously. Has its roots in solid old school separatism philosophy of bulking stage, cutting stage, and never the two shall mix mentality.
    Last edited by magic32; 08-15-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Srobis15 is offline Associate Member
    Indeed. Very well said, Magic.

So what I gathered from the forums, is to keep training heavy for gains and up my cardio for the fat loss.

Thread Information