endpoint is offline New Member

Bodyfat and response to AAS

Is there an optimal level of bodyfat one should be before commencing AAS?

I was thinking about it today, insulin has a tendency to favor shuttling sugars to fat cells in obese people. Extra fat would cause a higher conversion rate to estrogen in obese people.

Am I right in my thinking? Are there other factors at play?

I guess its also obvious that someone who is obese wouldn't have the greatest diet in the world, but I am wondering about the physiological issues.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    For general safety I think its best to have your bodyfat below 15% before starting any cycle. That said... I would never start a cycle above 10-12% bodyfat, its much more enjoyable for me to visually see the gains as they come as well as have a little room to let my bodyfat go up as I focus on making the most of my cycle.

I agree with the safety thing, but I am curious about interactions that will prevent maximum results caused by extra adipose tissue.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    15% as a minimum, but in saying that there are a lot of other things needed to be considered before the use of aas

All things perfect and exactly the same would someone who is 10%BF get a better result than someone who is 20+%BF

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    All things perfect and exactly the same would someone who is 10%BF get a better result than someone who is 20+%BF
    Possibly. Depends on how lucky or unlucky the person at 20% BF is. When you cycle that high you run into health issues sometimes due to high estro or generally carrying too much unhealthy weight whilst adding weight to your frame and if the person with 20% has to end his cycle early or constantly is trying to adjust his estro levels with an AI it could hamper possible gains.

Bottom line is, you can cycle at 20% but if you want to be the safest and have a chance at getting the most out of your cycle then dropping under 15% would be a wise choice.

pumpin is offline New Member
    you want to look good and feel the gains ! dont do like i did before ! lose all the fat you can possibly lose !

the lower you are the better you will look and feel and your response to AAS will be much greater !

Thread Information