Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cchaser is offline New Member

Llwellyn's Anabolics books

Hi all. I'm am trying to learn more about steroids . I have found a book series called Anabolics by William Llwellyn. Does anyone know if these books are any good? They are kind of pricey but I see they have a Kindle version on Amazon for $9.99, much cheaper than the $60 version of the book.

Can anyone recommend this book/author?

Thanks,

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i wouldnt buy them. You can find everything you need on this site for free. and its more current

Thanks for the feedback. I did a google search on the Author and he seems very reputable. I prefer reading books rather than web-sites.

up tp you. alot of stuff in the books is old and out dated

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i find those type books to contain alot of BS, like gixxer said, better to learn here.

whats the diff in reading here than on a kindle? pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    whats the diff in reading here than on a kindle? pretty much the same
    Credibility. The author has Reference citations so I know it has some scientific research/background. The problem I find with Internet boards is you don't know anything about the person behind the keyboard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cchaser View Post
    Credibility. The author has Reference citations so I know it has some scientific research/background. The problem I find with Internet boards is you don't know anything about the person behind the keyboard.
    no, meant the format, your still basically reading off a monitor, you said you prefer books.

once you know who is who here then you're landed, but if you prefer inaccurate crap, buy the download. theres guys on here with alot more credibility, trust me

no, meant the format, your still basically reading off a monitor, you said you prefer books.
    Organization and flow is usually better in a book. Also, if professionally edited, books are better written and contain less mistakes.

Thought is usually put into structure and format of a book. Websites can be a mess at times. Plus, it's portable. I don't always have a computer/internet connection available.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Learning from a pool of experienced people just might be more valuable once you hang here long enough to discern who knows what in the heck they are talking about. And that usually doesn't take too long to figure out because if they don't? Someone will call them out on it!

ps: not mentioning any names! LOL!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Organization and flow is usually better in a book. Also, if professionally edited, books are better written and contain less mistakes.

Thought is usually put into structure and format of a book. Websites can be a mess at times. Plus, it's portable. I don't always have a computer/internet connection available.
    jez, your mixed up in your priorities mate, you'd rather have flowing BS than spend alittle time researching and sifting? i'd rather the latter than be mis-informed by the former

jez, your mixed up in your priorities mate, you'd rather have flowing BS than spend alittle time researching and sifting? i'd rather the latter than be mis-informed by the former
    No, I will continue to research on this board and the internet. However, I like reading books. Especially when I travel or don't have a computer. I will not do one or the other, but both.

BTW, it has a free preview of the book. It seems very informative. I've only looked at it a little bit but it has tons of information in it.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn`t trust any of those books. You can read that in addition to other theories and practices but I wouldn`t rely ont he book only.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hi all. I'm am trying to learn more about steroids . I have found a book series called Anabolics by William Llwellyn. Does anyone know if these books are any good? They are kind of pricey but I see they have a Kindle version on Amazon for $9.99, much cheaper than the $60 version of the book.

Can anyone recommend this book/author?

Thanks,
    just google the latest version .pdf ffs

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I wouldn`t trust any of those books. You can read that in addition to other theories and practices but I wouldn`t rely ont he book only.
    Thanks, that is my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    just google the latest version .pdf ffs
    I'm not into pirating. I don't mind shelling out $10 for a legit copy.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Everything you need to know is right here, look at the educational threads. Alot is referenced from scientific journals. Better yet, alot is from real world. I don't understand your logic of a free flowing bullshiit tbh.

I'm not into pirating. I don't mind shelling out $10 for a legit copy.
    considering the FREE up to date info on this site and on the net, $10 is too much

damn you aus u beat me

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    William Llwellyn's books are top notch

Don't take advice on how good something is from people who don't even have the book

It's like all the n00bs that post on here giving people advice on how to run a cycle from info they regurgitated from another url
    when they themselves have never even seen real steroids before

The top 3 bodybuilding related books I would recommend

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    I don't understand your logic of a free flowing bullshiit tbh.
    I don't understand what you mean by this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    William Llwellyn's books are top notch

Don't take advice on how good something is from people who don't even have the book

It's like all the n00bs that post on here giving people advice on how to run a cycle from info they regurgitated from another url
    when they themselves have never even seen real steroids before

The top 3 bodybuilding related books I would recommend

pk, wise up son. ive read three, one example is that one recommend beginners DONT TAKE TEST, but start on different compounds, now are you telling me thats a correct statement

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    IF you look at the informational threads here, the ones with scientific info they all have bibliographys for your personal research.

also learning here you can learn the lingo which helps in a pubmed search. I can find any study in 10 min on pubmed depending on what i want.

pk, wise up son. ive read three, one example is that one recommend beginners DONT TAKE TEST, but start on different compounds, now are you telling me thats a correct statement
    Which book are you referring to?

The modern encyclopedia contains zero info on cycling and just warns of side effects

Underground handbook is all about current UGL's contamination levels/fakes/the business of running an UGL

And anabolics 10 (below)

Stack 2 is enan/cyp @300-500 week

I don't see anyone recommending a tren /deca or multiple compound only cycles

???????????????????

^^^ and you think gradually increase dosage throughout the cycle and 40mg's of nolva during the cycle is correct

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pretty sure he just spamming the book

there are alot of things that change over time,, especially cycle does and donts. Do your own research and make conclusions based on all the data,, not just one forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    there are alot of things that change over time,, especially cycle does and donts. Do your own research and make conclusions based on all the data,, not just one forum.
    What other forums would you recommend besides this one for research/info?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Not necessarily other forums but search pub med and do readings and read discussions in threads about stuff...

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What other forums would you recommend besides this one for research/info?
    this is best forum overall but some view points i disagree with and agree with other forums. i wont give you other forum names because its not allowed but use that thing called google.

Blog Entries
    Which book are you referring to?

The modern encyclopedia contains zero info on cycling and just warns of side effects

Underground handbook is all about current UGL's contamination levels/fakes/the business of running an UGL

And anabolics 10 (below)

Stack 2 is enan/cyp @300-500 week

I don't see anyone recommending a tren /deca or multiple compound only cycles

???????????????????
    Manifesto of Mass for one, The Steroid Bible for two and i cant recall the other but books are generally sh!t, you're the only one on this thread who seems to think otherwise, you're young and impressionable.

fvck me, that page recommends 20-40mg nolva for estrogen control, and long estered test for only 7wks?! whats the ramping all about?! says it all really, need i go on?
    Last edited by dec11; 08-31-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Manifesto of Mass for one, The Steroid Bible for two and i cant recall the other but books are generally sh!t, you're the only one on this thread who seems to think otherwise, you're young and impressionable.

fvck me, that page recommends 20-40mg nolva for estrogen control, and long estered test for only 7wks?! whats the ramping all about?1 says it all really, need i go on?
    If a newb posted that cycle we would all advice against it

Blog Entries
    i also disagree with sifting through all that medical crap and references, whats the point when someone experienced can say do this or do that in an instant, on a thread? its a no brainer really

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    If a newb posted that cycle we would all advice against it
    exactly, the books are way off the mark, ive yet to come across one thats accurate

I'm looking more for information at this point. I'm not as interested in specific cycles as I'm not looking at taking steroids in the immediate future. I want to research first and see if it is an option for me.

Blog Entries
    I'm looking more for information at this point. I'm not as interested in specific cycles as I'm not looking at taking steroids in the immediate future. I want to research first and see if it is an option for me.
    well the 1st book specific info posted up has been rubbished within 2mins, you still want to waste your money?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    You can get some basic info from books but you can't take it all as if it's correct. Even the updated version contain old info - depending on the author. Some guys are set in their ways and only believe in one way of doing things. You're limited to one guys viewpoint.

I knew nothing about steroids or cycling..... Been on this site for about 5 years now (3 yr lay off) and i've got a pretty good handle on things..... and yet i'm still learning everyday.

If you want to buy the book..... buy the book - as long as you know that it's one mans viewpoint and not all fact. There aren't any studies specifically tailored to bodybuilding so what one guy says is good or bad is irrelivant. Use other methods of research in conjunction to the books and formulate your own opinions and beliefs.

good luck,
    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You can get some basic info from books but you can't take it all as if it's correct. Even the updated version contain old info - depending on the author. Some guys are set in their ways and only believe in one way of doing things. You're limited to one guys viewpoint.

I knew nothing about steroids or cycling..... Been on this site for about 5 years now (3 yr lay off) and i've got a pretty good handle on things..... and yet i'm still learning everyday.

If you want to buy the book..... buy the book - as long as you know that it's one mans viewpoint and not all fact. There aren't any studies specifically tailored to bodybuilding so what one guy says is good or bad is irrelivant. Use other methods of research in conjunction to the books and formulate your own opinions and beliefs.

good luck,
    ~Haz~
    That is fantastic advice. Thank you. I'm going to find some time tonight and try to read over the preview of the book.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

good luck,
    ~Haz~
    I agree Haz, some books are good if you want some basic information and a quick reference. Profiles always make good reading and the more you read the better understanding you can get of the compounds.

fvck me, that page recommends 20-40mg nolva for estrogen control, and long estered test for only 7wks?! whats the ramping all about?! says it all really, need i go on?
    ok I came across as a bit of a dick, I wasn't trying to call you out.
    Thought you were trying to say that the books I had advocated multiply compounds for a first timer
    I posted the cycle from the book up only to show they didn't advocate the such
    I agree the cycle sucks balls

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I agree Haz, some books are good if you want some basic information and a quick reference. Profiles always make good reading and the more you read the better understanding you can get of the compounds.

Perfectly much sums up why I like having such books handy

fit4ever180 is offline Member

good luck,
    ~Haz~
    Couldn't agree more with this post ^^^ I started researching aas about 6 years ago and my first research tool was the current anabolics book by llwellyn. I thought it was very good info at the time before I discovered this site. After researching and talking to other experienced guys here, I quickly changed my mind. I would say that the books can be useful when just learning about the make-up and general information about specific compounds, but that's about it.

Blog Entries
    ok I came across as a bit of a dick, I wasn't trying to call you out.
    Thought you were trying to say that the books I had advocated multiply compounds for a first timer
    I posted the cycle from the book up only to show they didn't advocate the such
    I agree the cycle sucks balls

Perfectly much sums up why I like having such books handy
    i thought books were the way to go, then i found this place, books went in bin. you can read compound info on tonnes of sites if thats all you want the book for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information