Thread: Skin went numb

Emondo is offline Junior Member

Skin went numb

The skin on the front left of my left quad has slighty gone numb it really feels weird and 'not right'. I pinned on my left glut but not my quad so i'm confused! any one any ideas as to what could be causing this. its a weird sensation when i touch the patch of skin

Exevious is offline Associate Member
    I have not done any pinning.... so cant be certain. But sounds like you may have stabbed a nerve.

I have had some deep cuts and stitches on my fingers in the past. and get similar numbness on certain areas of skin of my hands.
    That last one I split the middle top of my thumb open, once stitches were out for several months I would pick up a cold bottle of water, and would feel the cold way over on the top of my hand, and not with my thumb. It was odd.. kept thinking bottles were leaking or I was spilling it.

Docs all said it was normal, as the cuts prob servered nerves. And it is all back to normal nowdays.

Oh i got a pain at the top of my hip roughly 6" above where i pinned so its more than likely nerve damage yeah?. thanks

slinpin is offline New Member
    wouldnt be overly concerned. i have had nerve issues while shooting before. usually sharp pains behind my knee. it seems to go away pretty quickly, but has lasted for a day or two (im assuming the oil from the injection is pushing against the nerve and the sensation goes away after the oil dissipates)
    if it doesnt go away in a few days may want to have a Dr. look into it. (be honest with him if you go, its not like he is gonna call the cops on you for shooting juice,..heck he may even offer to check your liver enzymes and cholesterol while he's at it)

Big Kat is offline Junior Member
    Where exactly did u pin ur glute? What gauge, depth, volume (ml)

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I've had similar experiences except the numbness usually goes all the down the outside of my quad, down my calf stopping near my ankle. Usually fades out after a few hours, so I've never worried about and haven't noticed any prolonged effects from it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kat View Post
    Where exactly did u pin ur glute? What gauge, depth, volume (ml)
    Top left of my left glute 23g, 1" with 5ml. Its not exactly numb now, just a wierd sensation/feeling. its 2weeks later but its fading slightly

Big Kat is offline Junior Member
    Well my guess is the 5ml, ouch! Yea with that much displacement u probably pissed off a nerve or 3. I find if I keep my injections to 3ml max I have MUCH less problems with pain, swelling, nerve irritation etc. Plus 5ml imo is probably asking a lot for ur body to absorb at one site. Never had an oil abcess and don't want to. Split ur dose in two pins or just increase injection frequency at lower dose per shot. Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kat;573***2
    Well my guess is the 5ml, ouch! Yea with that much displacement u probably pissed off a nerve or 3. I find if I keep my injections to 3ml max I have MUCH less problems with pain, swelling, nerve irritation etc. Plus 5ml imo is probably asking a lot for ur body to absorb at one site. Never had an oil abcess and don't want to. Split ur dose in two pins or just increase injection frequency at lower dose per shot. Just my 2 cents...
    makes sense i just got lazy and only wanted to pin once a week instead of twice. lesson learned!

Thread Information