Getting lots of cramps

For some reason, I've been getting lots of cramps lately. For example if I flex my bicep real hard, my arm will kind of freeze up in that position and it is tight and hard to extend it back out again, causing some pain to do so. This is happening all over my body, even when I bend my toes down and point to the ground, the bottom of my foot cramps up. WTF is going on????

I think it could have something to do with nutrition. I feel like I eat healthy, but I may not be getting all my vitamins and minerals in? Is there something (maybe potassium or magnesium or something?) that can help ease muscular cramps?

Lata bros (Oh BTW, I am not currently on a cycle, I start again in mid-December of January)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    That COULD be a potassium thing. I used to get lockjaw for a few seconds after doing incline curls. I upped my potassium intake and it stopped.

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    could it also be lack of water?

I hope its not lack of water. I mean I drink 1-1.5 gallons a day. If that's not enough, then DAMN I need a lot of water!

well i know i was getting lower back pains..and that was from dehydration.....but yea...1.5 gallons of water a day seems fine....try what excess said...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I was drinkin 2 gallons and i was getting cramps...i went up to 3-3.5, never looked back.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    up your potasium bro, bananas are loaded with the stuff, or just get a supplemental vitamin form. try drinking gator aid periodically during the day also. you could try upping the water but i think 1.5 gallons a day is plenty. are you taking creatine? it dehydrates you pretty bad.

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    im thinking its electrolytes aswell...for a quick fix try so pedialyte, or V8 which are loaded with electrolytes (sodium, potasium mainly) when im on clen i get really bad cramps so i take a V8 before bed and one mid-day and bingo all better

hope that helps
    gorilla

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Everyone has hit it, but I would like to reiterate that dehydration and lack of potassium are the two main culprits of cramping.

Unless it's that time of the month for you.

xusmc67 is offline New Member

Wink potassium

potassium potassium eat a bunch of bananas I had the same problem when I started taking a diuretic BP med. This lowers your potassium.

Ranger Guest
    Everyone here is on the mark....I take Lasix quite alot, and if I don't supplement 90mg's of potassium twice a day, plus a bit of gatorade, I cramp so bad I get to shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds Bro.....heh heh heh

Ranger

ElRey2 is offline New Member

cramps

As othersd have said, stay with water but try low sodium V8 Juice, it's a more balanced electrolyte replacement than regular V8. Try one 12 oz. can per day.

while were on the subject...

ive heard that when wanting to loose weuight you should drink lots of water because it makes you urinate. And when you urinate you pee out calories...is this true? because i dont wanna loose weight, im bulking..shit i need as many cals as i can...and i certainly dont wanna just piss em out. I drink around 1.5 gallons of water a day and i constantly am peeing....can anyone help??

C

just keeping it at top.......BUmp

Thread Information