pinup78 is offline Female Member

Cool Clen and T3 - 1st cycle questions and side effects

I'm on day 5 of a t3 and clen cycle, both are in liquid form. My plan is to run the t3 for 6 weeks starting low, peaking then decreasing the dose again towards the end of the 6 weeks, the range will be between 25mcg- 75mcg. The clen is going to be ran one week on, one week off.... so with the clen i started at 40mcg but didn't feel any of the well documented side effects, on day 5 i'm taking 100mcg and really all i'm feeling is a headache, very slight jitteriness in my hands and some muscle aching. I split the clen dose in 1/2 and take it twice per day, i'm also taking 50mg Benadryl at night to ensure the clen works on the beta 2 agonists.... what do others think of this?
    I'm questioning the efficacy of the clen (a lot of posts ive read, people are really sensitive to the side effects). I've took other thermogenics in the past and have felt them working (mainly increased sweating, temperature changes and mild hand tremors).
    I'm a 5' 7" female, weighing 138lbs, i eat a clean diet, do cardio 3x per week for 45 mins- an hour and lift weights 5 times per week. I'm not using any other aas and my main goal for clen/ t3 is fat loss. Current body fat is 12%.
    Do i need to do anything else? should i increase the clen more?
    I usually take the t3 and 1st dose of clen on an empty stomach and about an hour before exercise, then the 2nd dose of clen 5 hours later. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks

DaGunz is offline Junior Member
    Your protocol sounds pretty good to me. I can take 160mcg and not really feel it. Clen isn't nearly as bad as some of the over the counter stuff. If you are getting headaches and very slight jitters then you are probably taking enough. Drink more water, which should help with the headaches, and take Taurine if your muscles start to cramp. Cut back on the dose if you continue to have headaches. Being 138lbs. I don't think you should take more than 100mcg. To add, you don't need the Benadryl if you cycle the clen 1 week on/ 1 week off. The Benadryl method does work, so I would suggest your run the Clen every week all the way through, and take 50mg of Benadryl every third week for 7 days. Also, run the clen at least two weeks after you stop taking the T3. It will help keep your metabolism up while you wait for your thyroid to kick in.
    Last edited by DaGunz; 09-05-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks DaGunz.... do you mean run the clen continuously for the 6 weeks i'm running the t3 and start taking benadryl at week 3 onwards until the cycle finishes or run the benadryl at week 3 and week 6? is it ok to run the clen for 6 weeks continuously?

DaGunz is offline Junior Member
    Hello Pinup78, If you run the T3 for six weeks, run the Clen , non-stop, for eight to ten weeks. Take the Benadryl on week 3 for seven days, week 6 for seven days, and week 9 for seven days. You need to run the Clen at least two weeks longer than the T3 to help your metabolism until your thyroid kicks in. Plus, your diet and cardio need to be perfect during that time.

DanB is offline Banned
    Cardio 3x week weights 5x week?is how my split would look while bulking i suggest you try incoporate more cardio ideally 5/6x's weekly and stick to it religiously. . . hiit training and clean diet works wonders personally i would drop clen t3 for moment and try more cardio for 12weeks i think you would be very surprised with the results but just my opinion

Cheers for the advice... much appreciated, can you clarify then.... if i stick with the clen for 8-10 weeks, should i lower the dose, i'm currently taking 100mcg and i'm only on day 6... like i said before there are limited side effects so 100mcg is tolerable for me. I'm good to stick with clen straight on for 8-10 weeks and will take the benadryl every 3 weeks, i'll also increase my cardio to 5 or 6 x per week.... i have a love/ hate relationship with running but right now i hate it.... maybe i'll hit the spinning bike and do some hiit intervals. Diet is clean and i dont think it needs changing... i'll see how i go... any more advice is awesome... once again, thanks for your input

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    T3 is very tricky to manage and could cause long term damage/permanent damage to your thyroid which is the last thing you want. I would drop it and just run clen , but if you gotta use it then 1 on 1 off. Shutting your thyroid down is the last thing you. Take this advice from someone who suffers from hypothyroidism. And unfortunately there is no PCT for the thyroid, you just have to hope it starts up again.

jelly is offline Associate Member
    I think we can all help you out here. Also I think that I can speak for many of the members here by asking for you to post a pic? We need to see your current level of fitness in order to help advise.

Thread Information