shooterdude is offline Associate Member

extra work out on test

i hit my shoulders and back this morning, would it be too much to hit my chest and arms tonight or should i wait till tommorow morning, i feel like i want to hammer the weights again lol. oh im almost through 3 weeks of a 500 mg/week test e

stpete is offline Banned
    You should be wanting to eat and rest. If you continually tear your muscles, when do you expect them to grow?

well i can't work out sat or sunday this week because i have a wedding to go to, so i was thinking i would hit the weights an extra hour today, different muscles then have two days to rest

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    thats fine if you rest the areas you already trained

thats what i figured, by the way whos the smokin blond?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    no problem.

Thats the wife

very nice,

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterdude View Post
    i hit my shoulders and back this morning, would it be too much to hit my chest and arms tonight or should i wait till tommorow morning, i feel like i want to hammer the weights again lol. oh im almost through 3 weeks of a 500 mg/week test e
    you hit shoulders today and you plan on hitting chest tonight?! thats a recipe for injury

streeter is offline Associate Member
    I've actually wondered this myself here is why. I did one cycle so far, I believe I over trained to some extent because I felt so good and wasn't sore for very long or at all so I was lifting every day many many sets, at the end of the cycle I had only gained about 3 to 4 pounds. Funny thing is I think as my cycle ended and I rested more I had a pretty good growth spurt of another 2 or 3 pounds. So I wonder if I over trained.

But on the other hand I watched a show on TV about steroids and body builders and the doctor on the show said the way steroids work is it allows the muscles to heal much faster than normal where a normal person has to wait 48 hours before working the same muscles again a steroid user can work the same muscles sometimes in as little as 8 hours later thus making the gains of a year of body building in 3 months.

So with that logic you should train more. I really don't know which is more correct. I personally believe you need to rest the 48 hours but lift harder and heavier while on cycle.

Feel free to throw your opinions out there I am interested in some sound slogic on this

deeznutts is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by streeter View Post
    I've actually wondered this myself here is why. I did one cycle so far, I believe I over trained to some extent because I felt so good and wasn't sore for very long or at all so I was lifting every day many many sets, at the end of the cycle I had only gained about 3 to 4 pounds. Funny thing is I think as my cycle ended and I rested more I had a pretty good growth spurt of another 2 or 3 pounds. So I wonder if I over trained.

But on the other hand I watched a show on TV about steroids and body builders and the doctor on the show said the way steroids work is it allows the muscles to heal much faster than normal where a normal person has to wait 48 hours before working the same muscles again a steroid user can work the same muscles sometimes in as little as 8 hours later thus making the gains of a year of body building in 3 months.

So with that logic you should train more. I really don't know which is more correct. I personally believe you need to rest the 48 hours but lift harder and heavier while on cycle.

Feel free to throw your opinions out there I am interested in some sound slogic on this
    thats interesting, i'd love to see some documentation on that...

Op, if you were working completly diff muscle groups you.d be fine. But chest exercises incorporate a lot sholders & some back, espec lats... Pick a diff group.

Btw tge I cant train for 2 day cuz a weeding is a lame excuse. Find away to get it done. Workout early or late & stay away from the alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutts View Post
    thats interesting, i'd love to see some documentation on that...

Op, if you were working completly diff muscle groups you.d be fine. But chest exercises incorporate a lot sholders & some back, espec lats... Pick a diff group.

Btw tge I cant train for 2 day cuz a weeding is a lame excuse. Find away to get it done. Workout early or late & stay away from the alcohol.
    i know its kinda lame but im going to be out of town and with the womans family the whole time, all i can really do is go for a run in the morning, no weights where im going.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    gotta get creative man... diff types of push-ups.. tricep dips.. find some heavy shit n curl it.. pull-ups/chin-ups on the rafters... gotta get swole for the bridesmaides rocky got jacked workin out in a barn in the snow.. lol

thats a movie, im sure sly didn't get ripped in a barn lol. And im goin with the wife so no bridesmaides for this guy lol. ya may do some push ups and dips after or before the run. It is only two days lol damn, u guys are being pretty tough here lol. Im digging up a couple trees in a little while so that is kind of a work out lol.

Blog Entries
    jez, just take the 2 days off, you wont shrink

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by streeter View Post

I saw that documentary, I completely disagree with the doc who said that you could workout more. You do grow faster but all that growth requires food and sleep. IMO you grow more because your body responds to the stimulus at an exponential rate. Not because you can workout more.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    jez, just take the 2 days off, you wont shrink
    i know and when i get back it will feel that much better to hammer the weights, i know il at least go for a run in the morning though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterdude View Post
    i know and when i get back it will feel that much better to hammer the weights, i know il at least go for a run in the morning though
    exactly, my best workouts are always after a week long break, dont get caught up in the paranoia that you're dropping muscle by missing afew sessions, even 2wks wouldnt make a diff.

ive eased out of hitting it hard, training has been random for 3wks, diet cut way back and when i am training im only doing weights x2 pw, ive lost no muscle/strength and feel 10 times better overall

i don't like taking more then one day off in a row, after two days off my body doesn't feel the same, its like i gotta tighten up those muscles lol. And now that im on a cycle i want to work even harder

Thread Information