Kansas City Boy is offline Associate Member

Help... Deltoid injection gone wrong?

So I injected into the shoulder for the first time last Wednesday. I thought it went pretty well; at least, it was painless at the time. Looking back now, I believe I injected too posteriorly on my delt. My injection site is still pretty sore and I have now begun to have pain in my traps/neck. I worked out my traps yesterday; however, this pain feels slightly different,, almost like a strain. I really don't think the trap/neck issues are correlated to the poor injection area; however, I was curious to know if anyone has had similar issues. Am I just worrying too much?? Is this pain pretty typical of shoulder injections?? I worked my traps/shoulders 2.5 days after shoulder injection (bad idea). I think I will take it easy on the shoulders/traps for awhile until this pain subsides.

There is slight bruising in kind've a circle with about a 1in diameter where I injected. Any advice is appreciated =)

Decided to inject quads today for the first time,, I think all went pretty well!

also whenever I raise my left arm,, as If I was bringing the bar down towards my chest on a bench press, where my arms are at 90 degree angles, I get a tensing sensation as if I was about to start cramping in the area; however, it doesnt cramp

deeznutts is offline Associate Member
    Try to hit the center head of delt, dead center & you'll be fine. Some guys inject their traps so its mostly likely that fact its your 1st pinning that spot. Virgin muscle will be sore for awhile, until its use to the injections. Most people keep delt inj to 3cc's or less, some wont go above 2cc's.

I think you'll be fine you havent mentioned anything alarming

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutts View Post
    Try to hit the center head of delt, dead center & you'll be fine. Some guys inject their traps so its mostly likely that fact its your 1st pinning that spot. Virgin muscle will be sore for awhile, until its use to the injections. Most people keep delt inj to 3cc's or less, some wont go above 2cc's.

I think you'll be fine you havent mentioned anything alarming

Thanks bro, I think it's probably because I injected into my post. delt. And the neck/traps issue could be from using reverse grip because I left my wrist wraps at home (Yes I use wrist wraps on shrugs because I'm a *****)

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you'll be fine

Now I'm starting to worry myself... How fast can an abscess develop after your IM?? The area is warm and my post. delt is really balled up. Has anyone had problems like this??

BareKnuckle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Boy
    Now I'm starting to worry myself... How fast can an abscess develop after your IM?? The area is warm and my post. delt is really balled up. Has anyone had problems like this??
    You are fine. I once had a felt injection go wrong. Long story short, I've injected my delt hundreds if not thousands of times. I've experienced everything from a perfect injection all the way up to a hospital visit. What you are describing is typical of the muscle being irritated. If it was infected, you would be in excruciating pain, delt would be VERY swollen, you wouldn't be able to lift your arm without wanting to cry if at all, you would feel physically ill, etc.
    When there is a real problem, it is very obvious.

Thanks bareknuckle!

Anyone else ever had similar problems?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City Boy View Post
    Anyone else ever had similar problems?
    you're only gona keep getting the same answer

army_cobra is offline Associate Member
    What are you using. sust 250?

J_420 is offline New Member
    sounds pretty normal to me... you 'll get used to it.

Using Test Enth 400,, Injected 1.25 mL into rear delt,, meant to hit middle but I'm an idiot.. I hit up my quads yesterday so only time will tell if it's gear or bad injection technique used on shoulder lol

Thread Information