Thread: Dhea

MrDan is offline New Member

Dhea

Hey quick question relating to this. My GP says that this is what produces testosterone . He suggested I go and get some from a compound pharmacy. What do you guys think, I would have thought the doctor knows, but its strangely not spoken about in body building circles?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    DHEA is a weak "pro-hormone" that converts to every other hormone, including estrogen.
    You're not going to get much of a test boost by popping DHEA pills, though it is very old-school.
    But it does have its uses in HRT as a transdermal, as it can supposedly help maintain an overall better hormone balance, sense of wellness, and all that nice stuff.

It is also the precursor from which all AAS are made.

MrDan is offline New Member
    Thanks..My bloods showed my test to be in a good range (natrual) and my DHEA levels to be lower. Im sure it would help balance me out but as you say poor test gains, compared to roids. I have not done roids yet and was looking at using as much supplements as possible in the interim to gain something. AT my age 38 i'm on the way down with the aging process.

Currently im taking animal stack, D-aspartic acid and andro tone and have a training partner who is halfway through his sust cycle so my training is intense. I thought adding DHEA's to what im already doing will create a better effect for me?

I was keen to do a cycle but after much researching here from you guys, one cycle a year seems totally a waste of time.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    DHEA is also considered a 'brain' hormone since most of it is in the brain. It wouldnt have much 'prohormone' effect but can rebalance the hormones after a cycle.

and one cycle a year wouldnt be a waste, unless you stop working out inbetween...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDan View Post
    Hey quick question relating to this. My GP says that this is what produces testosterone. He suggested I go and get some from a compound pharmacy. What do you guys think, I would have thought the doctor knows, but its strangely not spoken about in body building circles?
    I dont like DHEA. Weak drug and about the only thing thats ever given me gyno.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    you got gyno from dhea? what were you running at the time?

Thread Information