JP1570 is offline Senior Member

WORRIED - need some advie ASAP

sorry to post this in the main forum, but I need some help. I have a doctor's appointment tom, and I have to answer all these questions first, like am I sexually active, do I smoke, do I use drugs, etc...?

I just got medical insurance - Here's the deal; I'm getting some blood work done, lh levels, cholesterol, etc..... What if they find something else in my blood, like a little marijuana maybe?? Do they tell my insurance company?? WHat happens?? How long do most drugs stay in your bloodstream, or how long are they detectable for??

I'm really worried now, help me out if you know anything about this please, or have had any similar experience. Thanks

FlannelFace is offline New Member

Exclamation hey

Don't sweat it bro. They won't test for drugs unless it will help them medically manage you; like if you came in with a heart attack and they wanted to see if cocaine caused it. Ask your doc if he's going to do a tox screen. Lets say you have him do it. He still can't release your medical records without your permission to ANYONE. The only time a doctor can release your information in the US is if you threaten to hurt yourself or others. You can refuse it if you want. If your lipids are high ask to be started on a "statin" or "niaspan" or you can increase your cardio and switch to omega-3 fatty acids (flax seed oil, fish oils, etc).

Fire off a PM if you need more help.

Face

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Doctor/patient privilege bro......doctors take the Hypocratic (sp) oath for a reason....he can't front you out like that.......your good to go......if he does decide to snitch just beat his ass

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If it is an insurance screen and that is part of the screen then you have already given him permission to give it to the insurance company. Insurance companies also have the right to look at any notes or patient folders where insurance is involved. It has nothing to do with doctor/patient confidentiallity. My guess you are not going to have a drug screen so you should be fine.

I have to sign something that allows him to show it to the ins company. You don't think I'll get drug screened though??? Damn I hope not. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i had to get a drug screen for life insurance. but it was taken directly by the ins company, not by my doctor. someone came to my house and had me piss in a cup and drew some blood.

ceps is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by JP1570
    I have to sign something that allows him to show it to the ins company. You don't think I'll get drug screened though??? Damn I hope not. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
    Drug screens are expensive. They won't do them unless you come in looking high or strung out and give them a reason to do one.

And read all of the fine print at the doctor's office and for your insurance policy very carefully, because if you have chosen to use your insurance benefits to pay for the doctor's services, you have probably already given consent for the insurance company to access that information.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    good luck to ya. But seriously bro, like the other guys said you should be fine. They wont see THC or whatever else you may have in your blood unless they specifically test for it. cholesterol levels etc are a different test altogether. Of course if you are on a cycle and they notice abnormally high test values or abnormal liver values they may sk for an explanation...but i doubt it.

peace

not on a cycle right now. They took 3 vials of blood, 2 big, and one smaller. I think I'm in the clear, but I'm paranoid about this because I had one of these damn things sprung on me before and I failed and was denied insurance. Thanks for the info fellas

hybrid is offline Member
    Hate to point out the obvious, but you could simplify your life by not doing drugs. They're not good for you.

Thread Information